Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Here's a nuts idea for Doom: Phil LaMarr.

He's a voice actor, so you're not going to have serious issues with the whole thing about his face being under a mask. He can do a range of voices, including the best Dark And Intimidating you're likely to find this side of James Earl Jones.
    Hell, if you want to go someone with a great voice, cast Tony Todd as Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Yeah, pretty much both of this. And if Disney feels they need an African American to play either a member of the FF or Doom, get Terry Crews as Ben or really show some cajones and cast someone like Mahershala Ali as Reed (a younger Denzel would have been incredible as Mister Fantastic).
    Hasn't Mahershala Ali been cast as Blade?

so will this be based in an alternate 1960s world, then guest appear in the main MCU at a future date?

For some reason, people tend to forget that Reed, as envisioned, was actually a traditionally good-looking man, almost movie star handsome, but a little older and/or prematurely grey. Levitt's a good actor but a bit nerdy.
    Well thats why Kasinski is perfect. He does nerdy well but also is good looking enough to almost land the role of Steve Roger's. Thpugh iono if people would say JGL isnt movie star handsome. He plays non nerd characters. Most recently in umm Power? Project power? Forget the title.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-23-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will this be based in an alternate 1960s world, then guest appear in the main MCU at a future date?
    There is no info other then the fact MCu Spider-Man director John Watts is directing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hasn't Mahershala Ali been cast as Blade?
    Oops. You are correct. Still, I did say "someone like" him could make a great Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    My first thought would've been [Lee Pace] playing Doom (he has the presence and tone that lends itself well to someone convinced of their own superiority -- and able to back it up), but okay.
    Did you see Pace in "Halt and Catch Fire?" He played a Steve Jobs type "visionary with an edge" there - a lot edgier than Reed, though maybe Reed could use a little edgy. His turn as Ronan makes me think he might not be the best for Doom. (but that might not be fair as Ronan was not really written very well)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did you see Pace in "Halt and Catch Fire?" He played a Steve Jobs type "visionary with an edge" there - a lot edgier than Reed, though maybe Reed could use a little edgy. His turn as Ronan makes me think he might not be the best for Doom. (but that might not be fair as Ronan was not really written very well)
    Didn't see that one.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did you see Pace in "Halt and Catch Fire?" He played a Steve Jobs type "visionary with an edge" there - a lot edgier than Reed, though maybe Reed could use a little edgy.
    During the Lee/Kirby run, Reed was actually a pretty intense guy. Pace might actually be a pretty good choice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That would be my preference, and the MCU does seem to be heading in a multiversal direction.

I also like the idea that they might have originally been from the MCU, but then got shunted into an alternate 60's looking parallel universe/pocket dimension.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    That would be my preference, and the MCU does seem to be heading in a multiversal direction.

I also like the idea that they might have originally been from the MCU, but then got shunted into an alternate 60's looking parallel universe/pocket dimension.
    Please god no. I do NOT want any more movies set in different time periods unless there is a damn good reason (like the first Cap movie) I HATED when they did that with the X-Men movies over at Fox and it added almost nothing to the overall story except making their movieverse a confusing nonsensical mess. Just set the FF in modern times and go from there.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Here's a nuts idea for Doom: Phil LaMarr.

He's a voice actor, so you're not going to have serious issues with the whole thing about his face being under a mask. He can do a range of voices, including the best Dark And Intimidating you're likely to find this side of James Earl Jones.
    I can't see it. He just has too much of a "good" guy voice to me. Maybe I have just not heard him do dark, but I have never thought of his voice work as intimidating. Doom should be intimidating and a little scary even when he is not trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Please god no. I do NOT want any more movies set in different time periods unless there is a damn good reason (like the first Cap movie) I HATED when they did that with the X-Men movies over at Fox and it added almost nothing to the overall story except making their movieverse a confusing nonsensical mess. Just set the FF in modern times and go from there.
    Telling stories in different timeframes wasn't the reason that the X-Men series became a mess in terms of continuity; that was because the creative teams working on the movies didn't value keeping a tight continuity in the first place (whether that's a good or bad thing can be debated, seeing as there were cases were certain movies made hash of the overall continuity, but were better films because they were allowed to do their own thing). IMHO, does a different setting make for a good story? It doesn't always, but sometimes it does (e.g. X-Men; First Class or Captain Marvel).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I can't see it. He just has too much of a "good" guy voice to me. Maybe I have just not heard him do dark, but I have never thought of his voice work as intimidating. Doom should be intimidating and a little scary even when he is not trying to be.
    What about Kevin Michael Richardson? The guy has an impressive range:

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Pace was a good fit for him.
    I agree. I don't know if I want him to play another role since he was already Ronan, but he does fit the part of Reed Richards.

For some reason, people tend to forget that Reed, as envisioned, was actually a traditionally good-looking man, almost movie star handsome, but a little older and/or prematurely grey. Levitt's a good actor but a bit nerdy.
    I think Lewitt is conventionally attractive enough for the part. He has the kind of looks where he's convincing as both a dweeb and as a ladies man.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    I agree. I don't know if I want him to play another role since he was already Ronan, but he does fit the part of Reed Richards.

I think Lewitt is conventionally attractive enough for the part. He has the kind of looks where he's convincing as both a dweeb and as a ladies man.
    If Gemma Chan can play two roles so can he. Tjhey both are covered in blue paint, should be fine.

I'm still ride or die on Krasinski and Blunt. With Fassbender as Doom.

But Pace,JGL,Adrian Brody,John Hamm, even POC like the dude who played Chidi on the Good place(not knowing his name isn't a vote of confidence. But the MCU has turned unknowns into stars in the past.) Could all work imo.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I will cosign on a relative unknown with promise for Doom. You sloooooow burn him and the threat he is. To me Doom is the next Thanos. Maybe you don't need as many movies to set him up but you definitely slow burn the hell out of him and make him be a really nth level threat when he does show up.

I will sign off on Krasinki as Reed. Not many thoughts on names for the other cast members yet and nothing that anyone has been suggesting really jumps out at me.