Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

...so in a serious fight I’d need to know what equipment the starship troopers have

The same stuff you see them charging bugs with in the movie.

BANNED

I’d say the empire would have better equipment, they did take out hardened mandalorians and if they had ships they could just bombard the troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I honestly then asked what was the point of showcasing the bowcaster as this weapon that packed a rather stupidly strong punch sending mooks flying only for Kylo Ren to treat it as a minor inconvenience.

Yes, killing his father messed him up but the wound really has to be a factor unless the bowcaster was somehow nerfed (or Chewie sucks at using it).
    It was stated in the movie it was due to him killing his father, nothing more. He was fighting and running around fine with the wound, while hitting it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I’d say the empire would have better equipment, they did take out hardened mandalorians and if they had ships they could just bombard the troopers.
    This is infantry, not ships. In which case their blasters are more effective against vehicles and/or droids than they are against organics.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    This is infantry, not ships. In which case their blasters are more effective against vehicles and/or droids than they are against organics.
    Even with just infantry they could take out star troopers handily

No, they couldn't, and it was already explained in depth why. The Stormies suck, and their weapons suck verse organics.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

BANNED

Last time I checked the Mobile Infantry has competant and capable snipers. That itself will throw the Imperdials into disarray. And then there's the mini nukes. Not going to go well once the Feds start deploying those. And L-Sama help the Stormtroopers if the MI gets the armour systems they developed later in Rico's career.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Just wondering, do we have any idea how durable stormtrooper armor actually is?

I always sorta assumed everyone in Star Wars uses blasters because they're effective at defeating most armor (rather than the other way around) suggesting the armor is actually much more effective against kinetic weapons.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Just wondering, do we have any idea how durable stormtrooper armor actually is?

I always sorta assumed everyone in Star Wars uses blasters because they're effective at defeating most armor (rather than the other way around) suggesting the armor is actually much more effective against kinetic weapons.
    Remember Endor? Armor didn't really work too well against Ewok arrows, while Han won in a h2h fight with a scout trooper wearing similar armor.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

The book, IIRC, mentioned that the Federation (MI forces) ships had planet busters. Might be off on this. I agree that MI from the book would wipe out troopers as trivial. Interesting to see if Darth could take a mininuke barrage from their back launcher racks.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Remember Endor? Armor didn't really work too well against Ewok arrows
    I dunno about that. It's hard to tell if the ewok archers really scored any kills, except for this one stormtrooper who did visibly take an arrow in the back. Though, it may have hit him between the helmet and the cuirass, the angle makes it a bit unclear. Anyway, most of the imperials seemed to run off into the jungle after the initial confusion, which I suppose is a decent enough tactic when you're ambushed out in the open.

After that I counted eight dead troopers on the ground, maybe a couple more off screen, several of which were likely shot by Han, Leia and the other rebels. The rest of the battle mostly consisted of stormtroopers getting knocked down and then dogpiled by murderous guerilla teddybears with clubs and spears, which as we all know is a position where armor isn't really much help.

If anything, I didn't see a single instance of a stormtrooper's armor being damaged at all. If I'm expected to believe that a flint-tipped arrow fired by a 3 ft 6 alien bear will go through the body armor produced by a highly militarized intergalactic empire that builds city-sized starships just to show off, I'm gonna want to see that arrow actually buried halfway through a stormtrooper's chestplate.

while Han won in a h2h fight with a scout trooper wearing similar armor.
    Unless Han cracked the armor by punching it, I don't really see how that translates into projectile resistance. Getting knocked down by blunt impact isn't the same thing as getting shot.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

BANNED

No, they couldn't, and it was already explained in depth why. The Stormies suck, and their weapons suck verse organics.
    I thought this forum uses the characters in their top form? So why are we using the bs movie versions with lame cadets from the outer rim versus competent troops?

I mean...are you guys serious? You guys think that the empire would actually lose to ewoks and a buncha rebels?

In the EU, the rebels tried invading the inner rim n were destroyed, Vader and Thrawn almost crushed the rebellion, how The empire won battles against the Yuzong Vong?
    Last edited by Mider2009; 12-28-2020 at 08:10 AM.

We use high-end feats that are consistent with the overall presentation of the character. This rumble is not a battle between the Empire and some Starship Troopers, it's a fight between 100 Stormtroopers and 100 Starship Troopers. Since they are all humans, we would likely focus on which side had an advantage in terms of weapons, armor, mobility, tactics, and/or training.

I thought this forum uses the characters in their top form? So why are we using the bs movie versions with lame cadets from the outer rim versus competent troops?

I mean...are you guys serious? You guys think that the empire would actually lose to ewoks and a buncha rebels?

In the EU, the rebels tried invading the inner rim n were destroyed, Vader and Thrawn almost crushed the rebellion, how The empire won battles against the Yuzong Vong?
    Amongst other things, the EU stopped being even vaguely canonical. Beyond that, the OP himself notes in the first post these are Stormtroopers "from the original trilogy", making that even less relevant.