Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    I dunno about that. It's hard to tell if the ewok archers really scored any kills, except for this one stormtrooper who did visibly take an arrow in the back. Though, it may have hit him between the helmet and the cuirass, the angle makes it a bit unclear. Anyway, most of the imperials seemed to run off into the jungle after the initial confusion, which I suppose is a decent enough tactic when you're ambushed out in the open.

After that I counted eight dead troopers on the ground, maybe a couple more off screen, several of which were likely shot by Han, Leia and the other rebels. The rest of the battle mostly consisted of stormtroopers getting knocked down and then dogpiled by murderous guerilla teddybears with clubs and spears, which as we all know is a position where armor isn't really much help.

If anything, I didn't see a single instance of a stormtrooper's armor being damaged at all. If I'm expected to believe that a flint-tipped arrow fired by a 3 ft 6 alien bear will go through the body armor produced by a highly militarized intergalactic empire that builds city-sized starships just to show off, I'm gonna want to see that arrow actually buried halfway through a stormtrooper's chestplate.

Unless Han cracked the armor by punching it, I don't really see how that translates into projectile resistance. Getting knocked down by blunt impact isn't the same thing as getting shot.
    There was a part lf the battle where the Ewoks fire a volley of arrows at the stormtroopers and we see a few of them fall to the ground. These are pseudo carebears, not furry little green arrows .

Then there are the other times i mentioned where people who weren't wearing armor were fine after being tagged by a blaster bolt as long as it didn't hit a lethal spot.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Amongst other things, the EU stopped being even vaguely canonical. Beyond that, the OP himself notes in the first post these are Stormtroopers "from the original trilogy", making that even less relevant.
    Ok...I’m just stating the rules I’ve been told..that in every rumble the strongest version is used.

Why aren’t the troopers from say the mandalorian or some better versions used lol...at least they’d have the possibility of death troopers in there.
    Last edited by Mider2009; 12-29-2020 at 10:26 PM.

For the same reason that Superman isn't being used: the thread isn't about him.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Ok...I’m just stating the rules I’ve been told..that in every rumble the strongest version is used.

Why aren’t the troopers from say the mandalorian or some better versions used lol...at least they’d have the possibility of death troopers in there.
    That's not really accurate: if there are no specific statements from the OP, the current canon version is used.

However, the OP can (and does in this case) choose specific versions to use. Here, it's original trilogy Stormies. And they are just embarrassingly awful.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    However, the OP can (and does in this case) choose specific versions to use. Here, it's original trilogy Stormies. And they are just embarrassingly awful.
    They're pretty good whenever they don't go up against someone with plot-armor. They splatter veteran soldiers all over the place, sniped out the Jawas, killed off the Larses, etc. They only start to suck when they go up against main characters.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's not really accurate: if there are no specific statements from the OP, the current canon version is used.

Not what I was told

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Not what I was told
    Not sure who is telling you what, but here is a quote and a link regarding the rules here:

"In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself. However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below."

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ules-and-FAQs)

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    They're pretty good whenever they don't go up against someone with plot-armor. They splatter veteran soldiers all over the place, sniped out the Jawas, killed off the Larses, etc. They only start to suck when they go up against main characters.
    At least the main continuity gave them a reason for when their aim is off(can't see with helmet, Rex went from being incapable of hitting anything while wearing one undercover, to easily scoring headshots the moment he took it off).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Not sure who is telling you what, but here is a quote and a link regarding the rules here:

"In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself. However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below."

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ules-and-FAQs)
    So then the OP purposely made a thread where the storm troopers would lose

Kk guess that’s my exit, might go make a captain America vs Superman thread