View Poll Results: Which Super Family members do you like?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman (Clark Kent)

66 91.67%
  • Lois Lane

56 77.78%
  • Supergirl (Kara Zor-L)

41 56.94%
  • Supergirl (Linda Danvers)

12 16.67%
  • Superboy (Conner Kent)

45 62.50%
  • Superboy (Jon Kent)

34 47.22%
  • Power Girl

33 45.83%
  • Steel (John Henry Irons)

34 47.22%
  • Jimmy Olsen

40 55.56%
  • New Super-Man (Kenan Kong)

17 23.61%
  • Mon-El/Lar Gand

19 26.39%
  • Lana Lang

18 25.00%
  • Krypto

46 63.89%
  • The Kents

27 37.50%
  • Other

10 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So the answer will ways be D, all of the above, OK.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So the answer will ways be D, all of the above, OK.
    I thought that answer was E...

Obviously, my top (2) two votes went to Lois & Clark...

...and my third vote went to Other (STAS Lana Lang & STAS Maxima):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-25-2020 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I like all of them - but not equally. So I left off my bottom few picks otherwise it felt like all my votes wouldn't really mean anything.
    I am pleased that Conner is doing so well.
    A little sad that there's not more love for the Linda Danvers Supergirl, Peter David's run on that book is one of my favorites. I wish there was place for the character still

I like most (to one degree or another), with indifference towards the rest. The ones I like are the "core" members (the Kents, Kara, and Conner) and indifference towards everyone else. I don't like certain takes on them, but yeah.

Astonishing Member

I'm largely a Silver/Bronze Age guy at heart.

Superman is obvious on the list. The family starts with him and doesn't really exist without him. The individual characters might but not as the same family.

I'd have voted for Lois if this had been Pre-Flashpoint, but while I'd definitely want her as a member the past decade or so seems almost like a different character- one i want as far away from Superman as possible.

Supergirl as Superman's cousin is a must in the family, though if there can only be one Kara I'd go for the original Power Girl of the 1970's over Supergirl.

Mon-El and Krypto are Clark's first "equals". Before Krypto, Clark had never known there was anything else like him in existence and Lar Gand was the first "human" that could do all the same amazing feats, With Supergirl you have an experienced Superman who might remember how it was to discover your powers, but with Krypto and Mon-El the discovery was still going on. In a slightly irritating (to her) way Superman sometimes treats Krypto as more of an equal than he does Supergirl.

Steel and PAD's "Linda Danvers" are great characters but neither really feels like they belong in the Superman family.

Conner and Jon both have potential but didn't quite make the cut for me. Conner has been so scattered (original Kid, Johns' recreation, New 52, Bendis' take) that I can't get a real feel for the character as part of the family. And Jon has a similar problem in that he came into existence as a fully formed 10-year old with no prior life (storywise) and just as he was becoming ssomeone Bendis brought in a "replacement" by giving us a time jump with even more missing life events. Keenan Kong feels like someone even less than either of these two in being "connected" to Superman or his family.

Jimmy Olsen and Pete Ross both are necessary characters to give Clark a "normal" friend (as opposed to JLAers or LSHers), but Jimmy would be the top dog for modern stories with Pete serving to either fill the same role in Clark's youth or to be a distant "family" member in the present. The one note on Pete is I prefer him as the secret keeper from Smallville as opposed to Lana. Lana should be a family member who like Jimmy is NOT in on the dual identity (unless it is like the present where EVERYPNE knows it).

Lana's role in the family is sort of "aunt-like". She's the adult member who isn't Mrs. Superman (although she could have been) and the one who knows Clark from almost birth. She's his first friend after his arrival from Krypton.

The Kents should obviously be family but only as part of Superman's childhood. They are the examples of humanity Clark judges everyone by amd the people he uses when he needs to give one of the "family" a lesson. It's "I remember ma/Pa telling me ...." or "My parents did X in this situation".

I'd add Diana and J'onn as sort of honorary memebers. They have their own lives and Superman might not play as big a role in those. They also aren't plating as big a role as Kara, Jimmy or Krypto in Superman's adventures. But they'd be the people Clark calls on when the whole JLA isn't needed. They also give him people who are like Kara- they sahre Superman's power level but see most of humanity from an outsider'a perspective. Diana grew up with no contact to non-Amazonians, while J'onn is a Martian forced to live in an alien culture. If we had a more Bronze-Age BatMAN and not a BatGOD he'd also be an honorary part of the Superfamily, but like lois his current characterizations don't really makwe him feel like someone Clark should be close to,