Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Excalibur #16 Review/Spoiler - "Tea for the queen?"

Its fallout from XOS. Various members of Excalibur (and Blob) are mourning the loss of Betsy. Rictor mourning losing Apocalypse. Rogue and Gambit have no sympathy for him though. They all get a call from Rachel to meet them at the Boneyard. X-Factor has concluded that Betsy's death is inconclusive and since they cant confirm it, she cant be resurrected. Rogue is outraged but Rachel tries to reason with her. They need to check out the scene of the crime

Excalibur go to the Braddocks in Avalon and tell them they need to find answers about Betsy. As a a mutant and someone connected to Otherworld, they need Meggan's help. Jamie allows it. He puts on a Sinister cape and goes through a gate and meets with Mr. Sinister demanding a body.

The group is out on a field where Betsy was last and they want to see if she left an imprint. The team holds hands and combine their powers. Jubilee provides lights for the faeries, Rogue is a power conduit, Gambit does something with kinetic energy, Rictor causes the ground to shake and they summon Betsy. The Betsy Corp comes through and they agree top search for 616 Betsy

The final scene is allegedly our girl with Warren
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-23-2020 at 08:26 AM.

I thought this was lovely. Tini's Meggan was a delight. This sort of downtime issue was needed after the chaos of the first arc of the book and the writing was pretty solid overall.

(Happy to see the Betsy/Rachel agenda continue)

Astonishing Member

Was Captain Britain's daughter always so intelligent? Or is she an adult in a kid's body? Not familiar with her character.

BANNED

she has been established to be hyper smart in the x-men gold... anual?? where kitty/rachel/kurt go visit the braddocks at the lighthouse.

Shogo is still a baby and Maggie is a toddler talking circles around him despite being born years after

Has Maggie ever been tested for an X-gene? Is her intelligence due to being a mutant?

It wasn't good. Beautiful art with trash dialogues as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shogo is still a baby and Maggie is a toddler talking circles around him despite being born years after

Has Maggie ever been tested for an X-gene? Is her intelligence due to being a mutant?
    In the X-Men Gold Annual it was commented that she was growing at an abnormally fast rate. She is also extremely intelligent. Meggan had a bit of a complex because she didn't feel smart enough to be her mother.

I'm surprised that I liked it. For once I have not felt lost.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

*. The art is GORGEOUS. I love how everyone was drawn, and the X-Factor folks look stunning
    *. So Rictor is officially a mutant magician. Interesting development. Although I guess his close relationship with A is one of those "it's in the off-panel, especially the more important ones" stuff courtesy of Tini
    *. Excalibur walking through the portal is a HIGHLIGHT
    *. Meggan was great this issue
    *. "Is that accent fake? It sounds fake" lmao
    *. So the previews with the Krakoan alphabet at the end says THETHIRD. So, like Queen Elizabeth Braddock III. The Third referring to her third iteration courtesy of Jamie/Monarch's request of a new body from Sinister.

This was a great breather issue, and the character interactions were a delight. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It wasn't good. Beautiful art with trash dialogues as always.

It was a great issue.

Best character Meggan shined I love her

BANNED

Lady Maggie of Krakoa-Avalon devoured Valeria Richards in an issue, an icon

Spectacular Member

so for some reason it seems that every character acknowledges that Jamie should be capable of bringing back Betsy but they just don't want him to do it? not all that familiar, is there some downsides to his reality warping powers?

Ok....this issue was, for me, the best Excalibur issue so far... not a lot of Betsy but I felt the story was focused, the art was good and we had great character moments with Rogue, Rictor, Rachel, Meggan, Meggie, Jamie, Brian AND Sinister.

I'm very intrigued with what's going on in this book.... my faith is restored in you Tini. hehe

The subtle Butterfly in the purple page was great and it was amazing to see Angel and Betsy on the same panel again (even if it is an alternate Angel).
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Lady Maggie of Krakoa-Avalon devoured Valeria Richards in an issue, an icon
    Right? I thought of that immediately.... the Bradocks dynamic is so fun...I want this book to focus on this messed-up family more.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    so for some reason it seems that every character acknowledges that Jamie should be capable of bringing back Betsy but they just don't want him to do it? not all that familiar, is there some downsides to his reality warping powers?
    Jamie is insane and might bring Betsy back with a warped personality.

BANNED

also the conjointed slay of all the betsys, they are all very hot