Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I’d be happy to read the end of Injection. Trees, it’s weird, reading volumes 1 & 2, it’s easy to say that the world is as is, and there doesn’t need to be a resolution to the trees, as long as we can get one and done stories in that world.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Warren Ellis says two more volumes of Injection are coming this year to finally conclude the series: https://warrenellis.ltd/closedown/closedown-22apr20/

So that's some good news. I thought it was done. No news about Trees though, as far as I know.

Edit: I just noticed that "news" is from nine months ago. Let's hope it's still true.
    I have my doubts. Declan Shalvey will not be working on it, I believe he is one of the creators who quit working with Warren after last years allegations. Not sure if he is co-owner/co-creator, but if he is, Warren needs to have his ok to do more volumes with or without him.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Incredible Member

Lemire apparently said on his newsletter that Ascender will be ending with #18, scripts are completed, art is in progress. That probably explains why the solicited issues have been pulled, probably wants to publish them all consecutively later this year.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’d like to see Trees make a return.

Props to Shalvey for cutting ties with Warren Ellis, tbh. It’s a shame about Injection as it was a good book, although my excitement has dwindled to nothing due to the delay.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Warren Ellis says two more volumes of Injection are coming this year to finally conclude the series: https://warrenellis.ltd/closedown/closedown-22apr20/

So that's some good news. I thought it was done. No news about Trees though, as far as I know.

Edit: I just noticed that "news" is from nine months ago. Let's hope it's still true.
    That's good news, if it's still true. I really liked Injection; got the hardcover and everything.

Add Sacred Creatures to the naughty list. Forgot it never finished until I went back and realized I never read issues 5 and 6. Great series and I would like to see how it continued.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I have my doubts. Declan Shalvey will not be working on it, I believe he is one of the creators who quit working with Warren after last years allegations. Not sure if he is co-owner/co-creator, but if he is, Warren needs to have his ok to do more volumes with or without him.

-M
    Ellis will also need a publisher. Chances Image still want to release it are small. There's a lot of bad behavior on Ellis part. Recently, apparently. Also his "apology" sucked ass. I don't think he's gonna get to walk back in to comics forgiven any time soon.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ellis will also need a publisher. Chances Image still want to release it are small. There's a lot of bad behavior on Ellis part. Recently, apparently. Also his "apology" sucked ass. I don't think he's gonna get to walk back in to comics forgiven any time soon.
    Depends on whether he has friends at Image or not. If what happened with Eddie Berganza and Scott Lobdell at DC is any indication then he might get a pass.

Incredible Member

Diamond has the April Image solicits up on their site. Still no Lazarus or Adventureman, or the re-solicited last four issues of Ascender. I'm sure there are other books still dragging. Bummer.
    I'm invested in the end of Ascender at this point, with only four issues left. Lazarus, I love it, but they're maybe going to get 2 issues out this year? Meh. Adventureman, I was intrigued by the first arc, but not invested enough to stick out what is now a 7 month wait, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Diamond has the April Image solicits up on their site.
    They do? Are you a retailer? I can't find them...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They do? Are you a retailer? I can't find them...
    Sorry, just seeing this. If you go to previewsworld, "Catalog" on the top menu bar, "Premier Publishers" on the menu that pops up, and click on Image, they'll be there. They usually show up unannounced early the morning after Marvel's go live. Just something I noticed a few months ago.

Ah thanks. Yeah, searching solicitations turns up nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Saga - Two and a half years, and counting. And now Vaughn is working on a Buck Rodgers tv show.

I get these are all creator owned, and they have to make a living doing multiple things, and owe me nothing beyond a best effort. But, it would be cool to at least get the occasional updates. "Hey, we're working on it! Fell a little behind, decided to switch some stuff up, etc. etc."
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/sa...ghan-confirms/

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Depends on whether he has friends at Image or not. If what happened with Eddie Berganza and Scott Lobdell at DC is any indication then he might get a pass.
    I can’t imagine Ellis coming back any time soon. His work was a big influence on me as a teenager, but his actions completely killed that, so I hope he doesn’t come back for quite some time.