Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    new suit better be an edgy masterpiece or hot garbage, i will accept no compromise
    Introducing the amazing, the spectacular Spider-Man....-Thing?!?!?

A brand new development that will change how you view Peter forever!!!!!!!

Says there's a suit design variant cover by Dustin Weaver- so I suppose he designed the new suit? Interested to see why he's getting a new suit. This wouldn't be the first spider-suit Dustin Weaver has designed, he did the Aikman armor from Edge of Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - A new job and costume? I'm not sure if Spencer can come up with some compelling new career but I'm really curious about the new costume. Will it be that big a change or will it be like the Parker Industries suit?
    Honestly, it's about time he got a new job, he got fired from the buggle all the way back in ASM#1, and didn't get a job at all so far...

- 30 issues go...I dunno, Chameleon? Sinister Syndicate? It's been so long that I've forgotten what happened 30 issues ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well ASM #61 means that 30 issues is ASM#31. That's the Absolute Carnage tie-ins. Before that is ASM#29 where MJ leaves to LA. And right before that is I think the Boomerang 2-parter where Peter finds out Randy is dating Janice.

So I think that's what it refers to.
    Another possibility to consider is the lifeline tablet, which, last time we saw, we don't even know where the hell it is since Boomerang has it in his hand in one moment, and in the next one, it's just, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I’m looking forward to the new job, new suit, and big developments in Peter/MJ’s relationship! I just hope these are positive developments lol... if it’s something like Peter and MJ breaking up or Peter going back to working as a photographer, I won’t be too happy haha
    Maybe he'll be a scientific photographer .

But yeah, new job and new costume could be interesting, and while he'll probably return to the classic red and blue even if the new one is good, a new look once in a while can be interesting.

Hopefully it's a new good one, like the black suit was (Even though it was disliked at first), and not something like, say, Jessica's new costume lol.

Anyways, I'm kinda surprised, kinda not Spidey is getting a tie-in to King in Black, more surprised 'cause it's a one shot lol.

Also is Cindy's comic an on-going or a mini? Maybe this solicit is talking about when it was planned to be a mini, but now it's an on-going?

Also Toxin is coming back, that's cool, he had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Says there's a suit design variant cover by Dustin Weaver- so I suppose he designed the new suit? Interested to see why he's getting a new suit. This wouldn't be the first spider-suit Dustin Weaver has designed, he did the Aikman armor from Edge of Spider-Verse.
    I wonder if it's going to be an anti-Kindred suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also is Cindy's comic an on-going or a mini? Maybe this solicit is talking about when it was planned to be a mini, but now it's an on-going?
    Maybe it'll be like Champions where first it's an ongoing, then it's a mini, and it may become an ongoing again.

I feel bad for Eddie already just with that cover. I hope things will be alright

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it's going to be an anti-Kindred suit.
    Considering Kindred's powers are "Whatever the fuck he wants", the only kind of suit that could work is a "Spider-Plot-Armor" .

Maybe it'll be like Champions where first it's an ongoing, then it's a mini, and it may become an ongoing again.
    So indecisive if so lol.

Amazing Member

Why bother with a new job/setting if he's never going to be there? He was supposed to be in college this whole time but I can't remember the last time he took his mask off and did Peter Parker things like go to a class or hang around campus. The exception is his interactions with Mary Jane, that's why I for one don't care if they get back together, as soon as they are together she becomes his only supporting cast.

How about they build that part of the book up, I really don't care about the next mysterious villain that comes along to tear Peter down because there aren't any stakes for him without a supporting cast. They killed Flash, they made Harry into a demon, where's Aunt May (didn't she have cancer?), doesn't Peter have a sister? Doesn't Betty think of him as a brother already?

I remember reading reprints of Stan Lee's run on the book and the only reason he had multi-part stories is because he'd spend so much time with Peter and his supporting cast, the villain wouldn't show up until the end of the book for Spider-man to go into action against. Now not only do we have five-six part "epics" that change everything we know on a yearly basis but now those stories come with extra .1 issues between the parts to pad the stories.
    Last edited by hbomb450; 12-23-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Knull is just Marvel's version of Batlol, right?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Not really. The Batman Who Laughs is basically a Batman-Joker hybrid with the plot armor of both cranked up to an obscene level, and Knull is the god (and avatar) of the primordial abyss from before creation itself, who created Venom and the rest of the symbiote race from said primordial abyss in a bid to wipe out all creation across time and space and return to that void.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

plus he isnt played out like Batman who laughs honestly for a guy who is batman and joker he sure does lose a lot
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not really. The Batman Who Laughs is basically a Batman-Joker hybrid with the plot armor of both cranked up to an obscene level, and Knull is the god (and avatar) of the primordial abyss from before creation itself, who created Venom and the rest of the symbiote race from said primordial abyss in a bid to wipe out all creation across time and space and return to that void.
    Oohhh, Batlol is that guy... I was thinking it was some other character I don't know... That's a great nickname, whoever made that, definitely better than the lazy one I go for, Batjoker.

Either way, I only know Batlol from that original Metal story, no idea what he's up to, or if he's still that obnoxious, and if he's not, then the comparison isn't accurate, but anyways, the most comparable thing I can think of is that they're both overpowered, but Batlol does the usual "haha, my bullshit super villain plan worked perfectly", since he has the meme of Batman's backup plans and whatnot, Knull on the other hand, he's just powerful, nothing else to it, he's a simple brute in his fighting style, and he wins because he can punch harder than everyone else... That's it, and King in Black#1 is the absolute best example of this so far, since the heroes prepared a bunch of ways to deal with him and his Symbiote Dragons army, but they couldn't do anything because Knull could just tank their attacks and hit back harder.

So yeah, there's not much to compare both of them, besides being powerful, even then they have that in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    plus he isnt played out like Batman who laughs honestly for a guy who is batman and joker he sure does lose a lot
    Oh they toned down his plot armor? Is he at most semi bearable as a character now?

Oohhh, Batlol is that guy... I was thinking it was some other character I don't know... That's a great nickname, whoever made that, definitely better than the lazy one I go for, Batjoker.

Either way, I only know Batlol from that original Metal story, no idea what he's up to, or if he's still that obnoxious, and if he's not, then the comparison isn't accurate, but anyways, the most comparable thing I can think of is that they're both overpowered, but Batlol does the usual "haha, my bullshit super villain plan worked perfectly", since he has the meme of Batman's backup plans and whatnot, Knull on the other hand, he's just powerful, nothing else to it, he's a simple brute in his fighting style, and he wins because he can punch harder than everyone else... That's it, and King in Black#1 is the absolute best example of this so far, since the heroes prepared a bunch of ways to deal with him and his Symbiote Dragons army, but they couldn't do anything because Knull could just tank their attacks and hit back harder.

So yeah, there's not much to compare both of them, besides being powerful, even then they have that in different ways.

Oh they toned down his plot armor? Is he at most semi bearable as a character now?
    Batlol literally got his ass handed to him yesterday by Superboy-Prime. It was great.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Batlol literally got his ass handed to him yesterday by Superboy-Prime. It was great.
    A beautiful day in the neighborhood.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Knull is not anywhere near as played out.
    He was only really in Cates' Venom and Silver Surfer books, the only other comic I've seen him in was an issue if Ewing's Guardians and that was just a panel.
    He feels played out because he has been there since the start of this Venom run, but for the most part, he has remained pretty untouched.
    (I'm throwing Absolute Carnage in with that Venom run by the way).

Anyway my thoughts, going to pick up Venom, KiB and Amazing of course, may also pick up that Spider-man KiB one-shot.
    Spencer's run seems to finally kick into gear now, seems he has gotten over the initial clearing stage and his run can now begin proper.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Maybe he'll be a scientific photographer .
    Oh god, that reminds me of that terrible job he had at the end of Slott's run. I'm not even sure why Spencer is giving Peter a new job anyways though, since I can count on one hand the number of issues Peter has spent actually being a grad student lol

But yeah, new job and new costume could be interesting, and while he'll probably return to the classic red and blue even if the new one is good, a new look once in a while can be interesting.

Hopefully it's a new good one, like the black suit was (Even though it was disliked at first), and not something like, say, Jessica's new costume lol.
    Yeah, I'm always down for Peter getting some new looks. That was one of the things I liked most about Peter working at Horizon tbh.

Also Toxin is coming back, that's cool, he had potential.
    I'm actually pretty excited for this as well. Honestly, I really wish Eddie had stayed Toxin and Flash had stayed as Venom, but given where we are now, I'm still pretty curious to see who Toxin's new host will be. KiB is teasing that something may happen to Venom so maybe Eddie will become Toxin again?
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man