Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Who do folks think will be on Scott and Jean’s X-men team?
    I really wish Nightcrawler would join since he hasn't got to do anything yet except sit in his council chair. But I suspect they'll eventually get around to him forming a mutant religion instead.

BANNED

I never am. Truly upset that is. Comics are just for fun, and Cable is constantly in a cycle of “death and return.” But I keep whinging about this dorky “Kid Cable”, hoping one day the gods in the Marvel offices hear my cries!

It will happen. All things revert to status quo eventually. And the OG’s return will be glorious!!! All twelve of his hardcore fans will dance in the streets and take the day off of work, getting blind drunk while shooting their guns and doing arm curls.
    I think it was maybe adult Cable interfered with the stories and works Hickman set up. Somethings in comics due change permanently. Xavier is able to walk again,

I like Kid Cable. He gives an interesting dynamic to the Summers and has a personality that I find funny.

I usually like families on comics, I liked Jon on superman, Damian on Batman and Jess spider-woman getting a kid.

But Kid Cable is terrible, the interactions are so boring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Alternate futures yes, but ones that branch off from 616 and Cable’s is still the direct future and it’s still a hellhole (OG Cable even now having been retconned to have lived through Krakoa as WiFi). These things mean that Moira did exist in the timeline and yet in spite of the knowledge she held, things still went bad. And the fact that Cable comes from the current direct future yet things are still terrible despite Krakoa having existed in the past presents issues with the notion that Krakoa is an eternal mutant nation in which mutantkind wins that they’ve been selling mutantkind.
    Effectively from the viewpoint of the reader Cable’s future will never happen. People buy comics because if the characters they are about in 616. A downfall of the X-Men was too much focus on alternative futures. I’m glad they moved away from that. What happened in these other timelines has nothing to do Moira X or how she is effecting this timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I like Kid Cable. He gives an interesting dynamic to the Summers and has a personality that I find funny.
    I like kid Cable too. And it undies the 90s era send all the kids to future and have them instantly ages into adults. This was done with Franklin Richards in a storyline that thankfully was undone.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

So a book where said character is appearing is not the place to discuss said character? Got it. Makes sense. Anyway...

Well, this is curious, because I imagined it would be formed by the first issue, but we see him with Rachel and Cable, who are appearing elsewhere, and I don't think Hickman will make an all Summers family book, and the next issue has Storm, who probably won't be a part of the team since she'd have to resign her seat.

Spectacular Member

So a book where said character is appearing is not the place to discuss said character? Got it. Makes sense. Anyway...

You didn't say anything relevant to the story or the book, but hopefully you know it already, I am positive that you know what you say. Anyway, enough time wasted, I am also hopeful that growing up you will understand better how to behave in a civilized manner and respect other people; if not I am sorry for you.

EDIT... On second thought, I’ll be the adult here and not respond directly to the second condescending and harassing post directed at me. Talk about posts “not being relevant to the story or the book”, though. Moving on... for the second time.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-26-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, this is curious, because I imagined it would be formed by the first issue, but we see him with Rachel and Cable, who are appearing elsewhere, and I don't think Hickman will make an all Summers family book, and the next issue has Storm, who probably won't be a part of the team since she'd have to resign her seat.
    Yeah, personally I’m hoping for Nightcrawler. If it wasn’t for X-Corps, which is likely coming featuring these two, I’d throw in M and Archangel. Add Wolverine (or a Wolverine) and that’s the same team that died taking out Master Mold in House of X #4. I loved that team. Oh, and Husk too. Almost forgot she was there. I can do without her honestly. Replace her with Darwin. And Synch. Why not, since they’re coming back from The Vault and will need someplace to go.

So my team would be...

- Cyclops
    - Jean Grey
    - Nightcrawler
    - Penance
    - Archangel
    - Wolverine (Laura)
    - Darwin
    - Synch

But I know it won’t be that because I’m highly confident that some of those folks will be in the X-Corps book coming soon. Most likely by Spurrier, as I don’t think his book has been announced yet.

Yeah, X-Corp seems like a book Spurrier would do. Maybe the Nightcrawler one? But I don't think so.

I think it won't be always the same team, Hickman doesn't look like he cares about developing characters. Cyclops and Jean will probably be the leaders of this new X-men thing, and they will call people according to the needs of the mission:

Storm for the space one, and it is very likely that Sam and Roberto will appear in these stories that happen in space as well. Hickman put them there for a reason.

And for the Vault situation, probably some people that were in the mission in X-men 5 and some characters that will be a total surprise. Logan might be there, for Laura.

It is very frustrating that the covers for X-men don't show anything besides what is already on the solicitation lol.

I would rather Spurrier wrote about Legion (high time he came back) but I would still be delighted if he wrote X-Corp

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hickman already said we'll have a proper X-men team now.

BANNED

Eh. Folks, not everyone has to appreciate your fave. If someone wants to say "annoying version of Cable shouldn't exist"in a thread about a preview he appears in, that's fine. You are going to see opinions you don't like about comic books sometimes. It's going to be ok.

As for Cyclops' team, I'm guessing it's mostly assorted Summers people, the most boring and useless version of Jean ever, and maybe one of the characters that went into the vault.

I'm expecting it to be terrible, especially if it's Cable in yet another book consistently.

Incredible Member

The further down the line we get the more I'm thinking it's going to be the All New All Different team. What's happened recently with Colissus points me even further in that direction. If the Nightcrawler stuff is planned to play out in that book as well, rather than in a solo, it puts it even closer.

So, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Thunderbird and Sunfire.