Panic in the Sky
    Up, Up, and Away
    Our Worlds at War
    Electric Blue Superman
    Exile
    Time & Time Again
    The Maxima Saga lol

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'd love to see KC but there's no way they can do it without screwing up the art. And Ross is kind of on the outs with DC right now. Earth One would be a good adaptation but the first book really is just another origin story.
    Assassinate Putin!

You know you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You know you want it.

This could sound as crazy, but maybe it is not a bad choice as could seems be. Many times adapting certain good or excellent histories make them lost characteristics than made them interesting.
    But if the stories chosen are stories less known, the adaptation have more freedom to make changes than could make an improvement over the original story.
    So, how about adapting stories less known or lesss popular and than could be improved over the originals?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    This could sound as crazy, but maybe it is not a bad choice as could seems be. Many times adapting certain good or excellent histories make them lost characteristics than made them interesting.
    But if the stories chosen are stories less known, the adaptation have more freedom to make changes than could make an improvement over the original story.
    So, how about adapting stories less known or lesss popular and than could be improved over the originals?
    I totally agree. Adapting big name stories or known masterworks is an obvious idea, but it also lends to those movies being negatively compared to the source material! Red Son is the obvious example...

By contrast, let's say we do adapt "Superman At Earth's End," and bam, suddenly we have a blank canvas to tell a stories about Euperman fighting twin clones of Hitler in Kamandi's timeline, because straight up, the more different you make it from the source material in order to improve it, probably the better it's going to turn out!

Or, you know, just pick an issue, to be honest. Adapt a mostly forgotten story from any time from the 30s to the mid 80s or even the 90s, and you've got free reign to find whatever is most interesting about that given story, and adapt it for contemporary sensibilities! It's a good idea!

So I guess that's my answer: what story do I want adapted? Anything that's never been on a mainstream top ten list of greatest Superman stories.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

If they do adapt At Earth's End, then really commit to it, and make the gun at least 3x bigger.

On the topic of using this as a chance to fix stories, I'd like to see a version of Speeding Bullets where it just doesn't end up as the same old Superman by the end of the story with all of the typical Superman supporting characters.

Given the animated side’s proclivity for only ever adapting Batman stories panel for panel, I say do an adaption of New Krypton. That has huge potential it’s a story with Superman in a radically different status quo that involves the Big 3 of Lex, Brainiac, and Zod all working against each other. Ton of potential there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If they do adapt At Earth's End, then really commit to it, and make the gun at least 3x bigger.

On the topic of using this as a chance to fix stories, I'd like to see a version of Speeding Bullets where it just doesn't end up as the same old Superman by the end of the story with all of the typical Superman supporting characters.
    Agreed! That was a problem with a lot of old Elseworlds, they’d start in different points but all end up in the same destination, one very similar to the mainline which made it feel pointless.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/