Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    On the other side, I would like to see an adaptation of the elseworld Kal.
    Awesome! Since Elseworlds is allowed, these would be My Top (3) Three Favorites...

Speeding Bullets

Created Equal

JLA/Avengers

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-26-2020 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

For Speeding Bullets: I like the premise, wasn’t so much a fan of the execution. One thing I find annoying about these old school Elseworld series is so many times they just ended up feeding back into the status quo. Like Superman, Inc where Supes ends up with the Kents, adopts a “Clark Kent” disguise, and goes to journalism school to have Lois teach him. That’s super lame, and I didn’t like how Speeding Bullets ended up having “Bruce” become Superman at the end either. I’d want to see him reject that option and commit himself to being Batman. It’s an Elseworld, this is your chance to go nuts and take these characters in any direction.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow
    Morrison's Action Run
    Birthright
    Last Son of Krypton and Miracle Monday by Maggin

I'd add more but most of them have already been listed.
    Last edited by Hopeful Hero; 12-29-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For Speeding Bullets: I like the premise, wasn’t so much a fan of the execution. One thing I find annoying about these old school Elseworld series is so many times they just ended up feeding back into the status quo. Like Superman, Inc where Supes ends up with the Kents, adopts a “Clark Kent” disguise, and goes to journalism school to have Lois teach him. That’s super lame, and I didn’t like how Speeding Bullets ended up having “Bruce” become Superman at the end either. I’d want to see him reject that option and commit himself to being Batman. It’s an Elseworld, this is your chance to go nuts and take these characters in any direction.
    Yup. I read the general premise and thought it would be the same DCU, except Superman would be found by the Waynes. Nope, it pretty much is that PLUS all these other elements of Superman and Batman's universe merge, such as the Luthor/Joker hybrid. I mean, what's the point if you start out with what if everything is different, but by the end everything arrives at the same conclusion?

Maybe it's just as well. If "Bruce Wayne" pretty much had Kryptonian powers, he'd clean up Gotham a lot more easily.

Maybe in the future when Disney owns WB, we'll finally get that JL/Avengers crossover.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I actually think True Brit would make for a very, very funny DC Showcase short. Go full farce with it. The script would need some abridging and likely loose adaption, but the potential is solid.

Not explicitly Superman, but The Justice Riders is too cool an idea not to be reused.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Legends

Panic In The Sky

Final Crisis + Superman Beyond

Justice League International - When Supes was leading the team pre-Death of Superman.

JLA World War III - JL + New Gods vs Mageddon

Super Sons would work much better as its own thing.

And no, NOT a CW series. It would be a great animated series though.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Super Sons would work much better as its own thing.

And no, NOT a CW series. It would be a great animated series though.
    super sons has potential.But,these guys are so about teens that they don't care about any other demographics.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

JLA Hitman, incl the Hitman/Superman one shot

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Since Elseworlds is allowed, these would be My Top (3) Three Favorites...

Speeding Bullets

Created Equal

JLA/Avengers

JLA/Avengers would a fun one, but will not happen, because it would have to involve Disney and Warner Bros playing nice with each other.

Grant Morrison's Action Comics Run, New Super-Man, Superman Smashes the Klan obviously, and redo Man of Tomorrow but follow the American Aliens story much more closely.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    and redo Man of Tomorrow but follow the American Aliens story much more closely.
    That would require both giving credit to and paying Max Landis and nobody has any desire to be associated with that monster for the foreseeable future.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm not really the audience for animation but "Superman's Mission to Mars" - ACTION COMICS #14 by Morrison/Morales would be really cool. It would need an actual budget behind it, no thanks on the cheap looking stuff they usually put out.

"Eight Arms of Conquest!" - DC COMICS PRESENTS #48 would be great too. Superman/Aquaman team up.

Lots of Bronze Age stuff.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-29-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That would require both giving credit to and paying Max Landis and nobody has any desire to be associated with that monster for the foreseeable future.
    True. Sucks since I really dug the stories. I guess I'll replace that pick with another period piece. World at War

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    JLA Hitman, incl the Hitman/Superman one shot
    Excellent choice! I would totally Go For It!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    JLA/Avengers would a fun one, but will not happen, because it would have to involve Disney and Warner Bros playing nice with each other.
    That's sad to hear. I guess Superman VS. The Amazing Spider-Man would then be out of the question?