Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Excellent choice! I would totally Go For It!!

While i like this story the best.The damn thing is another "look how great superman" speech with little essence being shown.I would suggest,adapting the jl/hitman issue and combining it with this.Otherwise,i want superman to be actually important.I don't want speeches being important.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

That's sad to hear. I guess Superman VS. The Amazing Spider-Man would then be out of the question?
    Probably, the Spidey rights are even more confusing, Disney owns the characters, but Sony has the movie rights to Spidey. Disney and Warner Bros have not worked together since Roger Rabbit and Marvel and DC have not had a cross over since 2004. Now DC crossovers with other properties at IDW and Warner Bros and Viacom/CBS actually teamed up to make a Batman vs. TMNT movie, but since Disney took over Marvel, Marvel has not had a cross over comic with anyone. Disney is working with Sony on the Spider-Man movies because it has to, but generally, Disney doesn't want to work with anyone.

1st Action Comics arc (1938) - shocked no one else said it!
    It's Superman (novel)
    Kryptonite Nevermore
    Panic in The Sky
    Time And Time Again
    Exile
    Action Comics Morrison 1st arc
    Lois & Clark (Jurgens)

And maybe some unshot "Adventures Of Superman" scripts, if there are any. An animated version of the Tim Burton movie would be ok, too.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    1st Action Comics arc (1938) - shocked no one else said it!
    It's Superman (novel)
    Kryptonite Nevermore
    Panic in The Sky
    Time And Time Again
    Exile
    Action Comics Morrison 1st arc
    Lois & Clark (Jurgens)

And maybe some unshot "Adventures Of Superman" scripts, if there are any. An animated version of the Tim Burton movie would be ok, too.
    The novel "Its Superman!" by Tom De Haven https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Superman!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    The novel "Its Superman!" by Tom De Haven
    Now we're talking. I've long wanted that book to be the basis of a high quality show. Something akin to MAD MEN.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post

These are great choice, too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Now we're talking. I've long wanted that book to be the basis of a high quality show. Something akin to MAD MEN.
    What if they did that in the Superman and Lois show, they could use the same actors, and just say it occurs in a time lagged parallel universe, would that work?

Incredible Member

That book would be an amazing animated show or live action movie tbh

I wanna see Byrne's MAN OF STEEL miniseries adapted... as an origin. Anything from the Post Crisis triangle era really. I've gotten over my need to see a true representation of the Death and Return Saga done right!

DC shoehorns a lot of modern CRAP into their adaptations of classic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    I wanna see Byrne's MAN OF STEEL miniseries adapted... as an origin. Anything from the Post Crisis triangle era really. I've gotten over my need to see a true representation of the Death and Return Saga done right!

DC shoehorns a lot of modern CRAP into their adaptations of classic stories.
    I actually thought the latest adaptation of Death and Return was even better than the original story. It was more cohesive in terms of plot and themes. The original story was kind of half assed.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Morrisson's run on Action Comics would be amazing! Imagine what the animators could do with the 5th dimension!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I actually thought the latest adaptation of Death and Return was even better than the original story. It was more cohesive in terms of plot and themes. The original story was kind of half assed.
    Funny, you should say that... I only ever hear Death and Return compared to Knightfall and the consensus I have heard seems to be that Death and Return is far and away better than Knightfall. Otherwise, hardly anybody ever talks about it anymore.

Also, Peace on Earth would be interesting, given America's terrible politically xenophobic climate of the last 4 years, though it's probably safe to assume that Superman fans and comics fans are not reactionary or xenophobic, so it may not get that kind of reaction. Still, it's one of the greatest Superman stories ever, so!
    Last edited by Comics N' Toons; 01-05-2021 at 08:52 PM.

The novel "Its Superman!" by Tom De Haven https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Superman!
    Yep! Essential reading, imo. Loved that book!

That would be fun!

These are great choice, too.
    Thanks! I don't know how many episodes were written before George died, but I would imagine there'd be some outlines or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    To each their own - I did very much like the new adaptation, but it honestly doesn't hold a candle to the original story. The only reason it's more cohesive (again, imo) is because there aren't outside plotlines that are going through with the main plot like the books had.. but multiple threads is a good thing (for the comics).

The BBC radio drama is still the best adaptation of Death/Return, imo.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I’ve been trying to track that down and read it for ages