Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We usually don't get hummingbirds around me until closer to early May (or possibly the last week in April).
    Checked the hummingbirdcentral website (https://www.hummingbirdcentral.com/h...g-2022-map.htm) and it looks like they're starting to make some earlier-than-usual appearances in my part of the country.

Maybe I better get the feeder cleaned up and put out sooner than I planned!

We don't usually get many hummingbirds until about that time as well. I live at around 6k elevation. But we've seen a couple this year already, so I put up the feeders with my own homemade nectar. Today we had our first guest come by and use the feeder!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    We don't usually get many hummingbirds until about that time as well. I live at around 6k elevation. But we've seen a couple this year already, so I put up the feeders with my own homemade nectar. Today we had our first guest come by and use the feeder!
    We have one feeder we put out in the backyard, and our "nectar" is just a sugar-water mixture (¼ cup sugar to 1 cup boiling water).
    I'd put it out now, but we're getting some unusually colder weather over the next couple of days. (They're even talking about snow possibilities further north of us here in Connecticut.)

Also, saw my first rabbit of the season in our yard yesterday.

Extraordinary Member

It was yesterday actually, but eating a sandwich by a lake while on a hike and watching an osprey eat a small fish in the top branches of an oak tree overlooking the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It was yesterday actually, but eating a sandwich by a lake while on a hike and watching an osprey eat a small fish in the top branches of an oak tree overlooking the lake.
    Bet the fish wasn't happy about that . . .

Today I spent a lot of time with my dad. I know we live together but there are days where he is in his room doing his thing and I am in my room doing mine. But today we spent the whole day together. We binge watched a lot of Hee Haw. It was pretty fun. he told me little trivia about the old acts and I found some older songs that I really enjoy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Bet the fish wasn't happy about that . . .
    No, but the osprey was. And it was just a beautiful bird. Big, too.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Today I spent a lot of time with my dad. I know we live together but there are days where he is in his room doing his thing and I am in my room doing mine. But today we spent the whole day together. We binge watched a lot of Hee Haw. It was pretty fun. he told me little trivia about the old acts and I found some older songs that I really enjoy.
    Thats really awesome. I'd like to spend more time with my dad, but he lives 400 miles north of me, so mostly its just phone calls. Enjoy every moment you have with loved ones.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thats really awesome. I'd like to spend more time with my dad, but he lives 400 miles north of me, so mostly its just phone calls. Enjoy every moment you have with loved ones.
    I very much enjoy my time with my father. It makes it better because right now his health is on the up swing so not that many bad days.

I am sorry you are so far from your father. I hope you get to talk to him a lot on the phone at least.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I have spring break, and I'm staying with my brother in the DC suburbs of Virginia.

It is a lovely day. I had decent crab burger for lunch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

We have one feeder we put out in the backyard, and our "nectar" is just a sugar-water mixture (¼ cup sugar to 1 cup boiling water).
    I'd put it out now, but we're getting some unusually colder weather over the next couple of days. (They're even talking about snow possibilities further north of us here in Connecticut.)

Also, saw my first rabbit of the season in our yard yesterday.
    Still have the hummingbirds around, but they'll probably be heading home (South) again sometime in September.

We've also been seeing anywhere from one to three skunks under the seed feeders in our front yard on a semi-regular basis in the evenings. We hadn't had any show up that often for a few years now. (And we don't mind the skunks as long as they don't spray anybody outside.)

BANNED

I saw new pictures of my baby cousin. He's a cute little bugger.

All-New Member

Got enough sleep last night. Does wonders for my wellbeing.

_____
    Fornye
    Last edited by Geezer; 09-06-2022 at 07:57 AM.

ZOOM chat with Katherine Kurtz and my fellow KK fans
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Seeing that my current balance is the 4.98 area for the Smart Miner Software which mines for bitcoin.