Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man 54 Discussion

So it’s definitely all leading to some kind of reveal in #55. Another good issue, also surprised at how Sin-Eater is still playing a pretty big part.

Harry ain't a joke anymore he is way above Peter in terms of strength and abilities. I think we all know where this is leading to Harry is going to be like ever since you have been Spider-man our lives has been affected which is true. So he might be like stay away from us or bad shit will continue to happen to them. Also Mj really changed clothes in between her rescue from Norman? Ok you do you.

But another tease that something bad is going to happen to her but Norman said she was the one who would mediate for him yet his presence doesn’t seem to be here
    Last edited by Jman27; 12-09-2020 at 05:35 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Harry ain't a joke anymore he is way above Peter in terms of strength and abilities. I think we all know where this is leading to Harry is going to be like ever since you have been Spider-man our lives has been affected which is true. So he might be like stay away from us or bad shit will continue to happen to them. Also Mj really changed clothes in between her rescue from Norman? Ok you do you.

But another tease that something bad is going to happen to her?
    Harry is going to lose. You see so many stories in fiction where the bad guy ( or gal) decides to torture the hero instead of finishing them off once and for all ( you see that a lot in James Bond (especially Goldfinger)). What happens? They pay the price in the end. That will be Harry’s fate.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Harry is going to lose. You see so many stories in fiction where the bad guy ( or gal) decides to torture the hero instead of finishing them off once and for all ( you see that a lot in James Bond (especially Goldfinger)). What happens? They pay the price in the end. That will be Harry’s fate.
    yeah but he keeps saying he really doesnt want to kill Peter I mean he killed him 6 times this issue. He just wants to make a point cause death is easy

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I’ve really gotta wonder how Spencer can have that happen in some kind of believable manner. In this entire story, Harry’s been multiple steps ahead of Peter and has presented power beyond what Peter normally deals with, leaning more towards things that Doctor Strange would face. Peter hasn’t even presented his heroic resolve to rebuke the likes of what Harry or Sin Eater have been saying.

Astonishing Member

Great Issue, I guess Peter knows how Ben Reilly felt like when he was brought back in Clone Conspiracy and kept dying and reviving 27 times.

Holy crap, from what I've seen online so far this is a brutal issue.

I haven't seen anything this viscous done to Peter before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Holy crap, from what I've seen online so far this is a brutal issue.

I haven't seen anything this viscous done to Peter before.
    The entire panel of the beatdown is panel-wise a hommage to Joker crowbarring Jason Todd.
    https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...0/08/death.jpg

Six horizontal columns, five horizontal columns.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’ve really gotta wonder how Spencer can have that happen in some kind of believable manner. In this entire story, Harry’s been multiple steps ahead of Peter and has presented power beyond what Peter normally deals with, leaning more towards things that Doctor Strange would face. Peter hasn’t even presented his heroic resolve to rebuke the likes of what Harry or Sin Eater have been saying.
    The way Peter will likely win is a mistake by Harry coupled with Peter’s desire to win. It could be having to save MJ like he had to save Aunt May in ASM 33 ( and thus giving him a make-up for ASM 121). If anyone has ever saw a movie called The Hunted with Christopher Lambert ( an average American with the will to live, defeating an evil Ninja), they will know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The entire panel of the beatdown is panel-wise a hommage to Joker crowbarring Jason Todd.
    https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...0/08/death.jpg

Six horizontal columns, five horizontal columns.
    he also got his back broken like when Bane broke Batman back

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I don’t see Peter winning this one.

What if Nightmare butts in and kicks Kindred out of his realm, maybe he was in the background the whole time and now he wants to finish Spider-man himself?
    Hail Hydra!

Fantastic Member

Kinda annoying they're still not explaining anything with Harry. It's really hard to get his point and show Flash Thompson when Flash died rescuing Harry's kid that Harry didnt feel the need to flex his demon strength at then.

I dont think Parker is gonna win here, especially with the reveal the events of .LR issues are just all part of Kindred's scheme. It's also particular that instead of Parker trying to reach out to Harry he's very quick to goad Harry and point out hes always better than him, which is a pretty dick move on his end. Kindred killed Spidey more times than anyone has in the history of ASM 616 comics here, I dont think we are getting Parker beating the odds in the next two chapters, more likely Last Remains is gonna just establish Kindred/Harry to be reoccurring.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Kinda annoying they're still not explaining anything with Harry.
    Yep. This entire story will read better in trade form which absolutely sucks right now because all I read is "confess confess confess I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW BUT ITS NOT WHO I AM ITS WHAT I WANT" bullshit over and over and over again. It's very hard to defend this story. Yes, the art is fantastic. Yes its compelling but jesus christ for the love of god get to the damn point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Yep. This entire story will read better in trade form which absolutely sucks right now because all I read is "confess confess confess I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW BUT ITS NOT WHO I AM ITS WHAT I WANT" bullshit over and over and over again. It's very hard to defend this story. Yes, the art is fantastic. Yes its compelling but jesus christ for the love of god get to the damn point.
    The story beat here would be perfect for a flashback explaining it, making the events of this issue hit much harder, but without that it's the inverse of the last few chapters with us watching Parker realize what weve already known since #50, and instead Kindred just does what hes already done to Parker in 52-53 over and over here without really much else happening. This much of a slog just makes me feel like we're not gonna get any answers in this arc, Kindred isnt going anywhere anytime soon

Also Harry really should tread lightly killing a gamma person over and over like that, I dont know if hes in striking range of the power sets of the Immortal Hulk demons even with all his power
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 12-09-2020 at 08:29 AM.