Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I like how Spider-Gwen pushes back on Kindred's "blame it on Pete" narrative.
    She's had to do something to justify appearing in this arc. She and the other Spider-Heroes have been completely pointless and I don't think this is enough to justify all the panel time the other Spider-Heroes have wasted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    She's had to do something to justify appearing in this arc. She and the other Spider-Heroes have been completely pointless and I don't think this is enough to justify all the panel time the other Spider-Heroes have wasted.
    I really want the other spider heroes to disappear after this. Crappy remnants of the Slott era. And my favorites (Ben Reilly, Kaine and Miguel) aren’t even in this. Miles is okay too, I guess. But the others are just annoying. And even Miles has his own book, so I don’t want to see him in this. The others can get killed off for all I care. I know they have their fans, but Peter should be a loner and doesn’t need half a dozen young, female versions of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I really want the other spider heroes to disappear after this. Crappy remnants of the Slott era. And my favorites (Ben Reilly, Kaine and Miguel) aren’t even in this. Miles is okay too, I guess. But the others are just annoying. And even Miles has his own book, so I don’t want to see him in this. The others can get killed off for all I care. I know they have their fans, but Peter should be a loner and doesn’t need half a dozen young, female versions of himself.
    It's kind of funny to think that, aside from Miles and Peter, it's all women here.

I don't know if there's necessarily a reason for that beyond just not acknowledging the male Spiders (and you can't really use Otto) but it's a thing.

So...I guess it’s safe to say that this wasn’t the “OMD atonement” story we were hoping for at this point...

The concept of a Spider family would work better with other characters. The fact is that some of the “Order of the Web” are just characters we don’t care about.

I’m so ready for this story to just be over with at this point.

With regards to the whole Spider-Family concept... the one who's saying this is Kindred, the antagonist, so I don't think we're supposed to agree with him. Especially in light of Gwen being the one to rebutt him, given Marvel's consistent focus on making sure this Gwen being her own person is The Point. Admittedly, I don't know if all of these rebuttals will be brought up in-universe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    With regards to the whole Spider-Family concept... the one who's saying this is Kindred, the antagonist, so I don't think we're supposed to agree with him. Especially in light of Gwen being the one to rebutt him, given Marvel's consistent focus on making sure this Gwen being her own person is The Point. Admittedly, I don't know if all of these rebuttals will be brought up in-universe or not.
    I don't know, it feels like we're expected to take some of it at face-value when only fans who've really been following the comics enough could disprove the notions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    This is genius and stupid.

I like the concept of a kind of Spider-Family and Peter's attempt to build a family as Spider-Man, but none of this people are connected or inspired by Peter or have anything to do with him, Anya, Jess, Julia and Gwen weren't connected to Peter when they became heroes, Silk, to a small degree she was inspired to use her powers like him after watching his videos, Miles has gotten close with this Peter but he was inspired by another Peter, though Harry wouldn't know, so yeah, only Cindy and Miles got a reason to be here.

This would have been better with Ben, Kaine and Otto, those three were more connected to Peter and actually got inspired by him, on top of that Kaine and Ben are his brothers/clones, so yeah, Kindred is an idiot, and though I want a Spider-Family, this people were the wrong choice to add.
    I agree 💯 . Honestly, if this is part of Harry’s motivation, then he’s definitely going after the wrong spider people. It just brings up the question of where Ben and Kaine are right now.Harry should certainly know about them. I understand Otto not being there, but Peter’s actual “spider-brothers “is a glaring omission.

With Mary Jane heading for Kindred's lair I really want to see how she reacts to Earth-65 Gwen since she's unmasked.

I never had a problem with the idea of a Spider-Family, and Peter has had moments with each hero from the comics I've read (and not just inspiring them to be heroes, but listening to the problems going on in their life), but everyone is right when saying that Harry is forcing the Family label on them as if they're as close as Batman and his family. I remember someone saying in another thread that Harry's Kindred guise is just to say he didn't copy Gobby-Daddy again, so targeting the other spiders is probably him saying I did something different from every other spider-man villain. Because we all know that no other villain goes after anyone with a spider-symbol unless that said spider goes after them on their own.

Last Remains was a bumpy ride, but it'll be interesting to see how Spencer wraps it up at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    So...I guess it’s safe to say that this wasn’t the “OMD atonement” story we were hoping for at this point...

The concept of a Spider family would work better with other characters. The fact is that some of the “Order of the Web” are just characters we don’t care about.

Yeah, I don't know where this is ending up. All the teases should narratively result in something related to OMD cause otherwise it's just doing what Spencer said he wasn't trying to do with the mystery aspect (ie he made the mystery straightforward with all the clues given fairly, and it wasn't a misdirection. It would be weird to be riding that third rail and not touch it after being so explicit about it many times). Is Harry really gonna just be pissed because Peter has "family"? The Spider-family isn't even really that close with him as many others have said lol. This whole run they haven't been a part of it aside from Sins Rising and this story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know where this is ending up. All the teases should narratively result in something related to OMD cause otherwise it's just doing what Spencer said he wasn't trying to do with the mystery aspect (ie he made the mystery straightforward with all the clues given fairly, and it wasn't a misdirection. It would be weird to be riding that third rail and not touch it after being so explicit about it many times). Is Harry really gonna just be pissed because Peter has "family"? The Spider-family isn't even really that close with him as many others have said lol. This whole run they haven't been a part of it aside from Sins Rising and this story.
    Yeah, Harrys endgame doesn't make much sense to me... unless it's something like, when OMD happened, somehow that caused his soul to end up in hell back when he died and he wants to punish Peter for it. Regardless, too many questions that I simply can't see one issue answering them all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Still too early to say at this point. It’s definitely hinted at it, including that twist on the BND party scene a couple issues ago.

Agreed. I understand the need for reader representation, but keep them in their own books. And if their own books can’t survive on the marketplace, then there’s obviously not enough demand for them. I think perhaps all of them except Miles and Silk should be killed off. Silk can fit the female minority quota, and Miles is popular enough in his own right. But no one cares about Madame Web though...

I’d still rather Spencer on the book than Slott, but I’m no longer excited about his run like I was up until ‘Hunted.’ Now I just feel meh about it. He might redeem himself if he totally destroys the BND continuity though. We’ll see.

Still too early to say at this point. It’s definitely hinted at it, including that twist on the BND party scene a couple issues ago.

Agreed. I understand the need for reader representation, but keep them in their own books. And if their own books can’t survive on the marketplace, then there’s obviously not enough demand for them. I think perhaps all of them except Miles and Silk should be killed off. Silk can fit the female minority quota, and Miles is popular enough in his own right. But no one cares about Madame Web though...

I’d still rather Spencer on the book than Slott, but I’m no longer excited about his run like I was up until ‘Hunted.’ Now I just feel meh about it. He might redeem himself if he totally destroys the BND continuity though. We’ll see.
    I feel like that the only reason why people continue reading. Like it doesnt matter who the writer is if they dont deal with OMD they are already on the chopping block am I correct?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I feel like that the only reason why people continue reading. Like it doesnt matter who the writer is if they dont deal with OMD they are already on the chopping block am I correct?
    Lol you’re not wrong. People will put up with a lot of crap and dragged out teases in the hope it addresses or undoes OMD.

People say it’ll never be undone, but people also thought Ben Reilly would never come back either. So anything is possible. We’ll see.

I just see the whole Spider-Family as Harry misinterpreting events and blaming Peter for them which has basically true to his character. He always puts the blame on Peter for things outside of Peter's control. This includes the Spider family. However that is not what he wants Peter to confess, and I still believe with MJ coming in next this should setup a perfect segue for dropping OMD on Peter given it's about "Peter not being able to have a family" which is basically caused by his deal with Mephisto.

Lol you’re not wrong. People will put up with a lot of crap and dragged out teases in the hope it addresses or undoes OMD.

People say it’ll never be undone, but people also thought Ben Reilly would never come back either. So anything is possible. We’ll see.
    yeah i mean the only thing that hasnt happen is Uncle Ben coming back to life even though that was a lie cause of the alternate realities. Plus Status Quo remains supreme anyway
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy