Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Maybe Iron Man 1 was the closest but not the rest. Tobey Maguire fans and Tom Holland fans can barely get along. this is how different MCU and Sam Raimi movies are.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am a fan of both. Also, they're that different? Embracing of the silly nature of the source material, faithful replication of the look and tone, strong character focus, humor throughout the narrative? That's exactly how the MCU rolls.

Marvel movies, marvel cartoons, star wars, Spiderman cartoons.
    Haven't followed the Marvel cartoons, so no clue about that (although I will concede that the art style didn't appeal to me). Sadly, people in the real world generally love the Marvel movies. Same with Star Wars, which has been overall a success (and yes, the fans hate it, but their pathological hated of Star Wars is normal and would be there no matter who was making it, so that's to be expected). I get it that you have a great deal of hatred for Disney and the MCU, but there's a difference between having your own opinion and not wanting to accept that it's not a popular one.

the x-fans not feige fans on that thread held it better since they actually had substance in their feige argument and could bring up so many xmen stories and some past fox stuff to directly show feige isn't all that...
    Except for the fact that until Feige supervised an MCU X-Men movie, there's nothing to go on how well the adaptation would or would not work, that you have to ignore the goofy stuff that the franchise also has in its DNA, and there is something to be said for the Fox series' chronic unevenness (and am saying this as someone who does like that series overall). Frankly, I think that saying Feige has the power to redeem or destroy the X-Men movies is premature, at best. Let him do what he will. If we don't like it, we don't have to watch it.

...I remember how one feige fan blew up at me personally when I said, no Feige movie can and will ever have the smart style story telling or visual treat of Legion, while failing to discuss anything i said about Legion and MCU that was wrong.
    Didn't watch Legion, so I couldn't directly compare, however, seeing as Feige supervised the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, Doctor Strange, and Thor: Ragnarok, he's no slouch when it comes to getting people who know how to make impressive visuals sequences.

man of steel would have been a great x-film if i just edit some of the fight scenes.
    Yeah?

Wonder woman was mostly its own thing, I will put this film in the same type of the sam raimi spiderman films .i can see the final act of wonder woman leaning more MCU.with the big cgi fights.
    Just like with Raimi, that doesn' really make any sense. Once again, character focus, use of humor, and, in this case, hopeful tone over the nihilism of the Snyderverse that then made up the rest of the DCEU. Sorry, but I don't see it.

looks like WB and Patty have gone overboard with dc trying to copy marvel with wonder woman 84 and its a dame shame because the 2017 film had something good going that was its own.
    Haven't had a chance to see it yet, so no spoilers please.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 12-27-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)