I loved me some X-Men TAS from the early '90s, hearing that theme song still gets my blood pumping. But it ain't good. If not for that show though I might have decided to go with music or video games as my main hobby of choice. Not sure if that means I should be mad at XMTAS, or grateful.

On Snyder, I can forgive having a style that irks me. Wes Anderson does, but I can't deny that he's at least trying something different and some people enjoy it so I can't fault him. To me his greatest sin is brooding Superman. Superman should be optimistic, and goofy, and bright, and pretty much the opposite of Snyder/Cavill's take. I have some other criticisms (as I mentioned before, the weird obligatory theme music for every Wonder Woman appearance) but Superman's the big one.

I'm hopeful DC tries new things and sees what works, and what doesn't. I'm sad when I see 9 out of 10 movies Disney puts out are Guardians clones (hard to argue with success, but personally hard to generate interest when I feel like I've seen the movie 15-20 times already). I want a "Joker" and a "Shazam!", and I want to be surprised by things I didn't even know I was missing. How about a horror-themed Swamp Thing reboot? I'd even take another Keanu Constantine movie (not a bad movie, just hard to see as a Hellblazer fan) to shake things up. I feel like DC has the freedom to explore, more than Disney does. Wish it wasn't being wasted on Harley Quinn and friends, but again hard to argue with success.