Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If you ran the empire

If you ran the empire how would you have kept it from falling to the rebellion?

1 - Don't explode Alderan
    2 - Crack down on those Ewoks for eating people
    3 - rainbow tie-fighters

Mighty Member

I'd say not being racist a-holes who put sadism above all else would have saved them... I'd run the Empire like a certain Chiss man.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would have kept the clones. The Stormtroopers are utter incompetent. The clones knew how to aim a gun, wear armor that isn't counterintuitive and have an actual success rate. Decommissioning them was a mistake.

I would have held on to the Inquisitors. Can't go wrong with having force users on the payroll.

Amazing Member

I would pretty strictly adhere to this: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Amazing Member

I would build a bigger Death Star, this time it has to work!

I would have try to run thing in a good, fair and effective way.

You know, the exact opposite of those fools lol.

iMan 42s

To start with the Stormtrooper corp would be supplemented by alternate clone templates to avoid problems of rebels sneaking onto base. The Commando droids illustrated easily why this would work given droids couldn't accurately replicate Human speech or mannerisms even if they could mimic the sound. Thus you know if someone is a Fett, Clone B, or Clone C, and anybody like space Aladdin and his band of rebels can't just put on new armor and call it a day.

The TIEs would also all get shielding. Thrawn putting shields on the Defender is fine and all, but other members of the TIE production line have these yet none of the mainline TIEs do. So in order to remedy that you'd just include such a basic need on all Imperial fighters. And you can't even argue that the other versions weren't for combat, all TIE models are on the frontlines or in massive space battles at one point or another and your basic fighters completely lacks such an obvious feature. And while it could be a cost saving measure, you spend more on the TIEs and pilots you'd have to train rather than simply making a better ship.

All TIEs get a hyperdrive. Don't wait until the FO fixes such a blatant oversight, just do it now.

Bombard Mandalore. Wipe it off the galactic map because not only is Beskar a pain in the ass to get but those that use it are such an obvious tactical threat once the plot armor is put on that the planet just needs to be bombed into oblivion.

Wookie and slave labor is unneeded given a droid work force. Ditch it.

Mount the Death Star laser on a Star Destroyer so it's more versatile than a big target.

Any and all officers present for power grabs gets executed. The Empire works when it actually governs, not by being upper management.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

1. Keep the clone army, the reasons given for getting rid of them are silly.
    2. Not have a high human culture, this contributed to Thrawn being sent away instead of being around to defend the empire, in canon....he lost due to bs plot devices.
    3. Have the navy and Military only promote the best of the best like Admiral Veers versus people with rich families like Admiral Ozzel
    4. Not centralize resources in a weapon like the Death Star but have a flexible navy as well as other super weapons that were more flexible and took up less resources...such as the eclipse class Star destroyers, Galaxy Gun, etc.
    5. Maybe use battle droids instead of clones, some droids were just as bad ass as any clone in the battle field like the spider droids, vulture droids, B2 Battle droids, etc
    6. Listen to guys like Thrawn n Thrawn, perhaps add them to even higher positions within the empire versus sycophants
    7. Use Tie defenders

iMan 42s

Droids we can kind of handwave as we know the Darktrooper was on Phase 2 sometime following the Battle of Yavin and right before or even during the Battle of Hoth. We can assume the phase 3 seen in The Mandalorian probably weren't ready by Endor and just been ignored. In canon they basically tried this but it was too late for them to have been of any use.

However we know droids like K2 had been on site for operations, droids similar to it are on base to secure them, and the Empire does make usage of them in improvised combat roles. A dedicated droid unit would've done wonders for them since you don't have to train a droid and otherwise can just repair them. It's odd considering we even know the Empire used designs similar to the Separatists with Royal Guard droids and the Messengers. They didn't have to reinvent the wheel without the Darktrooper.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'd turn the Empire into a meritocracy.

1.) I'd admit I'm a Sith Lord and you can be one too regardless of your background or species if you're Force-sensitive and join the Empire so you can be trained. I'd let everyone know that the Jedi failed not because of the Force but because of their own stupidity.

2.) Reward competent officers like Thrawn, not lackeys.

3.) Keep the Clone Soldiers and supplement them with Droids as need be.

4.) Eliminated the Human-centric racism in the Empire (see numbers one and two).

5.) Reward loyal systems more so than punish disloyal systems.

6.) As the situation stabilizes (when the first five points are implemented) redistribute resources from the military to the systems increasing prosperity.

7.) Declare war on the Hutts, exact. Make it very clear the purpose is to end slavery and make the space lanes safe.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-25-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Mount the Death Star laser on a Star Destroyer so it's more versatile than a big target.
    Isn't that basically the Final Order fleet?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I would think a laser that powerful can't simply be mounted on a destroyer. It's probably why it needed to be that big.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Isn't that basically the Final Order fleet?
    Do it early.

We also know that the tech can be miniaturized since the FO uses at least one as a siege weapon. So mount that on your star destroyer much in the same capacity the venators had its own laser in the prequels (you can even see one fire during the opening of ROTS). That way you have a ton of of threats to the rebellion and you only need one to blockade a planet. Even a test fire is enough to eventually rip apart jedha even if it didn’t totally destroy it. So even if it won’t destroy planets you still have a hell of a gun to beat down potential threats without even deploying troops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would think a laser that powerful can't simply be mounted on a destroyer. It's probably why it needed to be that big.
    I thought the eclipse star destroyer had them mounted on ?