Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think it was stated somewhere that was one of the laser walkers from AOTC's battle that was sitting in the Venator's hanger or something.

Speaking of which, I've never seen it mentioned much that the Republic gunship's side turrets are basically mini Death Stars as well; they even have a similar cross beam effect.
    I honestly can't find a reference for it but it's present in Battlefront 2. The gun is also briefly visible mounted so I have no idea why someone would think it's one of the walkers outside laser color being the same.

(video reference for the laser, it's at the beginning nearly a minute in)
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

I would increase strom trooper basic training from what appears to be 1 week at best to 12 weeks and then also send them to a marksman school for as long as it takes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would not have tried to control the whole galaxy. Trying to control such a vast area is always a recipe for failure. Take control of what you really need and let the rest fall to the Hutts, Pikes, Black Sun, and Crimson Dawn. It is always easier dealing with gangsters to get what you want latter on than it is trying to control a planet.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

1. Clones: Definitely keep the program running. Far more effective than standard stormtroopers

2. Give Vader a Checklist: I read many figures in the Empire received their rank due to wealth or family reputation. They're expendable. But ones such as Thrawn are a big no no.

3. Design Better Starfighters: Ensure the good pilots continue their missions

4. Set Better Examples. Vader's Role should be Grim Reaper and Battlefront Commander for important missions. If I were Emperor I'd have a public figure to ensure the citizens they're safe in the Empire's Hands.

5. Troop Morale: Make sure the good ones are rewarded.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-04-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would have kept the clones. The Stormtroopers are utter incompetent. The clones knew how to aim a gun, wear armor that isn't counterintuitive and have an actual success rate. Decommissioning them was a mistake.

I would have held on to the Inquisitors. Can't go wrong with having force users on the payroll.
    Weren't they a really good army? I know it didn't look like it but they were in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    1. Clones: Definitely keep the program running. Far more effective than standard stormtroopers

2. Give Vader a Checklist: I read many figures in the Empire received their rank due to wealth or family reputation. They're expendable. But ones such as Thrawn are a big no no.

3. Design Better Starfighters: Ensure the good pilots continue their missions

4. Set Better Examples. Vader's Role should be Grim Reaper and Battlefront Commander for important missions. If I were Emperor I'd have a public figure to ensure the citizens they're safe in the Empire's Hands.

5. Troop Morale: Make sure the good ones are rewarded.
    I think that's kind of how Thrawn would have run things, at least in the new canon; he believed better starfighters (TIE defenders) would be far more effective than the Death Star.

The sequel trilogy reference books also highlight that, despite designing yet another planet-destroying base, they were largely focused on better TIEs than the Empire; ones with shields, hyperdrive, and some with even two pilots (as we see early on)-which included technology descended from the Defender program.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    If you ran the empire how would you have kept it from falling to the rebellion?
    Well, since it's how I would run the Empire, keep the Senate, re-establish it as the same as the Old Republic except in name, maybe some charity work. Basically, there would be no reason for the Rebellion.

On a more realistic level, ease up on the fear tactics. Create huge advantages to a world that stays in the Empire like genuine protection and medical advantages, jobs and good pay. Still a dictatorship but one where people are treated decently enough that they don't want to leave the Empire.

If the Rebellion shows up, I do the last thing they would ever expect. "So some people want the Empire and some don't. Let's let the people vote on that. The group that offers a vague freedom but nothing else versus their guaranteed jobs, health benefits and a vast organization that can and has protected them".

Of course, plenty of propaganda.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Assimilation instead of planet-destroying and genocide. A culture that doesn't revolve around war. Can't start a rebellion if you want to stay in the Empire.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would not have tried to control the whole galaxy. Trying to control such a vast area is always a recipe for failure. Take control of what you really need and let the rest fall to the Hutts, Pikes, Black Sun, and Crimson Dawn. It is always easier dealing with gangsters to get what you want latter on than it is trying to control a planet.
    You could always just let them self-govern while still belonging to the empire.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?