Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I thought the eclipse star destroyer had them mounted on ?
    The Eclipse in Legends had a Death Star laser mounted on it. In canon I think the Eclipse is just a regular SSD.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

1. No super weapons. Apart from being a walking advertisement for people to join the rebellion they are horribly inefficient.

2. Reward merit instead of chronic backstabbing. Can't get much done when all the Moffs are constantly bickering.

3. Invest with ships that have shields. As well as inventing new ships. A technological advantage isn't an automatic means for victory but it does help.

4. Make it at the very least look like you're helping the common people. There would be a lot more imperial support if it felt like they were helping people. a propoganda film could easily aid in that.

5. Going to have to deal with Vader somehow. He's not exactly the kind of guy to just step aside. So you got to find a way to deal with him. I personally would prefer him on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    1. No super weapons. Apart from being a walking advertisement for people to join the rebellion they are horribly inefficient.

2. Reward merit instead of chronic backstabbing. Can't get much done when all the Moffs are constantly bickering.

3. Invest with ships that have shields. As well as inventing new ships. A technological advantage isn't an automatic means for victory but it does help.

4. Make it at the very least look like you're helping the common people. There would be a lot more imperial support if it felt like they were helping people. a propoganda film could easily aid in that.

5. Going to have to deal with Vader somehow. He's not exactly the kind of guy to just step aside. So you got to find a way to deal with him. I personally would prefer him on my side.
    "Vader! Take your forces, wipe out the Hutts. All of them. Free the slaves, and bring their territory into the Empire."
    "For what purpose, my master?"
    "UNLIMITED POWAH! Er, I mean, unlimited goodwill."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Vader's an easy fix. Just give him a battlegroup and let him go to town on the Hutts, Black Sun and any other factions of their group. Would make for some killer positive PR.

iMan 42s

The Empire does have some success in that regard. Kreel is from a world the Empire essentially liberated and to Kreel became viewed as heroes as a result.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would have made advanced technology available to the general public. Hoard all the military good stuff to myself but the things that would improve the quality of life of the average civilian I would allow to trickle down. There needs to be some sort of benefit for them if I want to stay in power and quell rebellions. It always messed me up how OT timeline had retro tech when PT doesn't.

I would keep the senate, cause you know, people actually like to have their little corners of the galaxy represented and that i would a damn blasted moron to not use such a fancy and easily available tool for controlling power. (gee, that could be useful one day in the case of a rebellion)

Isn't there no Han Fei in that galaxy? No Machiavelli? No one with a bit of real word political sens to learn from?

No, let's just build more stupidly expansive ships and have legions of super equipped and trained soldiers watching spaceports and factories cause that's not a waste of resource.

Resource who could be use, i don't know, to get real stuff done, working policies who would make people not rebelling? Ah, who am i kidding? Moar Death Stars!!!!!!

iMan 42s

An interesting note about the millitary tech is that a few items are actually shown to be in civilian usage. The speeders the Republic and Empire use can be found as civilian models, Dengar's armor is just surplus Imperial gear, and two models of jetpack are shown to be common to both Imperial and citizen usage.

Speaking of jetpacks, while the Empire does have a dedicated Jumptrooper specialization they will just outfit troopers with jetpacks as needed and that model of jetpack is able to be used by the Rebellion so I guess in a way three of those models are common.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The Empire does have some success in that regard. Kreel is from a world the Empire essentially liberated and to Kreel became viewed as heroes as a result.
    Is the Kreel the place the Noghri were from? Also how bad were the other guys if the Empire was seen as an improvement?

iMan 42s

Is the Kreel the place the Noghri were from? Also how bad were the other guys if the Empire was seen as an improvement?
    Kreel is the leader of Scar squad. He was the stormtrooper that fought Luke with a green lightsaber.

Basically his planet was kind of a hell hole and grew up in an arena where he was expected to fight and die for the amusement of the ruling class, a fate suffered by his parents. Kreel didn't get any semblance of normalcy up until the Empire showed up and toppled the warlords in control within the span of a day. While we don't know the specifics of the warlords the Empire's affects are known and by the way Kreel described it gave him a sense of purpose since he suddenly had a future beyond getting maimed/killed in an arena. He also chose to be a Stormtrooper so while the Empire toppled the regime, they didn't conscript a planet seemingly full of fighters. The rescue and this newfound freedom is likely what made him so loyal and why he was so hell bent on killing rebels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I would keep the senate, cause you know, people actually like to have their little corners of the galaxy represented and that i would a damn blasted moron to not use such a fancy and easily available tool for controlling power. (gee, that could be useful one day in the case of a rebellion)
    Absolutely, and give them exactly the power *that you don't want anyway* to micromanage the minutiae that's too fidgety to care about like trade treaties and tariffs and boundaries and regulations, stuff like that. Give more people more *apparent* power and choice (from a menu of items you've pre-approved), and they'll fight to keep it, and to protect the status quo that has given them this power.

Using the resources that went into a Star Destroyer, or like a tenth of a Death Star, make some automated fabricators on the various marginal worlds. It's just stupid for people to be scavenging for scrap to pay for *food* in a universe with laser-swords and hyperspace. Food can be synthesized from mycoproteins, algae, etc. etc. by the ton for practically nothing. There's no excuse for people in Imperial-controlled space to lack food, shelter, clothing, etc.

There's always going to be 'rebels,' people not happy with the system. Give them a planet of their own. Not necessarily one of the nicer ones, but sure, they can have Tattooine or Dagobah, one of the one's we're not really getting much out of anyway. No Imperial oversight, although a few ships in orbit make sure they only leave to go to the orbital station were they can trade resources from on-world to off-world traders. But they can make their own laws, and anyone who hates the Empire can go live on Tattooine. If their kids want to leave Tattoine and join the Empire someday, cool.

Ditch the random acts of oppression, unless there's an actual point to them. *IF* Sith require that the general atmosphere be one of hate, fear, etc. to keep the Force riled up and easier for them to tap into with their Sith-y ways, then whatever. But if Sith *don't* require for the universe to be a hive of scum and villainy for their powers to work, then cut that nonsense right out. (Or cultivate Jedi. They are many times more useful, since there can be hundreds of Jedi, operating openly, and only two Sith at a time, generally being jerks. Or encourage the development of a secular Force using training academy, that eschews both Jedi and Sith philosophies!)

1. I would have created a special forces unit of Sith assassins to locate and eliminate key Rebel outposts...and find Luke if possible.

2. I would have assembled a large contingent of bounty hunters & the Huts (Larger than in Empire Strikes Back) to find and locate possible hidden rebel outposts on the planetary outskirts...that is after all their stomping grounds.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    1. I would have created a special forces unit of Sith assassins to locate and eliminate key Rebel outposts...and find Luke if possible.

2. I would have assembled a large contingent of bounty hunters & the Huts (Larger than in Empire Strikes Back) to find and locate possible hidden rebel outposts on the planetary outskirts...that is after all their stomping grounds.
    The Inquisitors more or less had been made to hunt surviving and resurgent Jedi. The issue is that they really sucked at their job where the lot of them are slaughtered even prior to Rebels. The Purge troopers themselves wouldn't fair much better as they received heavy losses during the Empire's invasion of Dac and would loose to Cal Kestis who at the time was an under trained Padawan with a barely functioning lightsaber. It wasn't a good look. Though the Purge troopers did unlike the Inquisitors raise in number to replenish the fallen troops, they weren't at all successful ultimately. The Grand Inquisitor would even be the only Inquisitor to go on to fight Luke but even then he'd still loose and only couldn't get the death blow because he'd fought him as a spirit.

Boisterously Confused

Don't chase down the Rebel Forces on Yavin who have the plans for my Death Star. Instead, take it on a tour of every defenseless planet represented in the Alliance, and wait for the Rebel Alliance to starve to death when the only remaining planets left are those who weren't all that interested in rebelling in the first place. Simultaneously, unleash all my Starfleet on the Hutts and every other gangster out there. So basically, trim both poles of the spectrum that's likely to prove bothersome, and leave only those interested in just going along and getting by.

Oh yeah. Force Lightning Fry that Vader guy. Useful as he is, he's gonna get too big for his britches sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Do it early.

We also know that the tech can be miniaturized since the FO uses at least one as a siege weapon. So mount that on your star destroyer much in the same capacity the venators had its own laser in the prequels (you can even see one fire during the opening of ROTS). That way you have a ton of of threats to the rebellion and you only need one to blockade a planet. Even a test fire is enough to eventually rip apart jedha even if it didn’t totally destroy it. So even if it won’t destroy planets you still have a hell of a gun to beat down potential threats without even deploying troops.
    I think it was stated somewhere that was one of the laser walkers from AOTC's battle that was sitting in the Venator's hanger or something.

Speaking of which, I've never seen it mentioned much that the Republic gunship's side turrets are basically mini Death Stars as well; they even have a similar cross beam effect.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth