All-New Member

Default DC/Marvel comics 96-00

Hello. I'm new to this site. I'm a complete comic book novice in need of some answers. Recently I purchased a box full of old comic books for £20 at a flea market. I know nothing about the DC/Marvel franchise. I just looked at the date and thought they might be worth something. Only 20 quid so took a gamble. The date on them range from 1996-2000. Very good condition. Can I re-sell these for quite a bit more?
    Attached Images Attached Images

No about 50p each if you are lucky based on the photos

I'm not really into floppies so I might be off but comics from the 80s onwards rarely go for big bucks, unless they are somehow tied to a successful movies, like the first appearance of Deadpool in an issue of New Mutants.

Usually the comics that worth the least are the mid 90s ones because that was the era of the speculator boom, when everyone thought they will send their kids to college from the money they get for their issue of "Death of Superman" or X-men #1
    But because the publishers printed loads of these, due to the high demand, they actually worth waaaaay less than what you would think.
    Also many creators, especially the young hot ones over at Image like Liefeld, Lee, Mcfarlane, tried to create new characters with every new issue so it can be a "collectible with the first appearance of a new character" which lead to the same devaluation.

You could maybe try to keep the issues that has a first appearance (if any of them has any) or a death of a character, something that seems significant, because maybe down the line if a movie features that character or storyline it can worth something.
    I know it's disappointing but that's my best idea.
    Comics are not the investment they used to be over 3 decades ago.

All-New Member

Thank you for your input. Appreciated