Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The way you explain it would have been nice if it had been addressed that way in the movie, but I feel it was totally glossed over, which is what a lot of people seem to be saying. It would be one thing for Diana to need Steve around to help save the world, but there's no way Diana would have even considered it long-term if they actually presented it as "Steve can stay, but this random innocent has to die." That's why they didn't address it.
    Yeah they could have explained it better but like you said it's kinda hard to address that straight up.

Astonishing Member

I was lying on the beach in Florida, coming down from NYC and my cousin from Wisconsin comes up to me. Surprise.

While I criticized the movie, it was still much better than the Superman, Bats, JL mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah they could have explained it better but like you said it's kinda hard to address that straight up.
    If the Steve thing had stayed--this would have eventually come up. But I can see Diana realizing this and not saying anything because she wanted to enjoy the moment. If the "Wishing Stone" thing were sentient, this was a clever move, kind of a backup plan, in case Diana decided giving up her powers was totally worth it to have Steve then this was a backup plan--she'd have to live with the guilt knowing she basically killed someone.

There are some interesting parallels to Superman 2 (at first I was thinking Raimi's "Spider-Man 2" - he also loses his powers to be with his love, but Superman seems closer) - her losing her powers so that the hero can finally being able to be with her love, but choosing to get the powers back to save the world. Then the final kiss knowing it can never be... there's also the bad guy taking over the white house...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-28-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Not sure if anybody's mentioned this yet, but I felt that the Cairo chase was kind of similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark's Desert chase although with way less casualties-especially the bit where Diana was under the Truck/APCs. Even took place at a similar location pretty much. Then again Raiders 's chase itself is a bit of a homage, to Zorro and Western chases.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not sure if anybody's mentioned this yet, but I felt that the Cairo chase was kind of similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark's Desert chase although with way less casualties-especially the bit where Diana was under the Truck/APCs. Even took place at a similar location pretty much. Then again Raiders 's chase itself is a bit of a homage, to Zorro and Western chases.
    Yeah, it seemed like a very clear homage. And similar to that movie, the action set-piece ends up doing nothing to advance the plot. The scene in "Raiders" had the benefit of being *so* thrilling at the time that it didn't really matter. Not so, the WW84 sequence - there was really no point to their trip to Egypt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but WW flying in 1984 kinda contradicts her ability levels in her appearances in BvS and JL.
    It's been awhile since I've watched it, but I could swear she flew in her fight against Aries. At least floated and gave the impression she could fly. One of the many powers she suddenly developed in the final fight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, it seemed like a very clear homage. And similar to that movie, the action set-piece ends up doing nothing to advance the plot. The scene in "Raiders" had the benefit of being *so* thrilling at the time that it didn't really matter. Not so, the WW84 sequence - there was really no point to their trip to Egypt.
    The mall scene seemed like an homage to Schwarzeneggar films of that period. Silly, over the top, inappropriately funny. Exactly what action movies of the 80s were.

BANNED

I sort of have a problem with all of the things that WW went through, but a bullet was the only thing that drew blood. There was ton's more stuff that she endured that would have drawn at least as much blood as a grazing bullet.

they could have cut 30 minutes out of the second act.

I found the sex toy shape of the magic rock painfully disturbing.

The VFX were fine, but oddly unexpected. Swinging on the lasso looked like Spider-Man, but in a non-gravity environment. But even when he was in a non-gravity environment, Spider-Man swinging looked better.

Max Lord looked like he was in a different move, like Val Kilmer's Top Secret.

as i say in the other Wonder Woman 1984 thread

I think there is something wrong with Warner, the writers or the director Patty because Wonder Woman is not portrayed as the powerhouse that she is.

she deserves better choreography in her fights and CGI

They should have taken notes from Faora.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    as i say in the other Wonder Woman 1984 thread

I think there is something wrong with Warner, the writers or the director Patty because Wonder Woman is not portrayed as the powerhouse that she is.

she deserves better choreography in her fights and CGI

They should have taken notes from Faora.
    Her power level is fine. Like all superhero movies, it's inconsistently portrayed, but that's the least of this movie's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Her power level is fine. Like all superhero movies, it's inconsistently portrayed, but that's the least of this movie's issues.
    her fight with Cheetah in the white house... a mess

BANNED

I thought there was an issue with her giving up her powers or something. I might have misunderstood.

Anyway, you can take comfort in the fact that she seems to discover new abilities in every movie.

Ultimate Member

She was depowered in that fight.

Do people watch movies just for feats?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She was depowered in that fight.

Do people watch movies just for feats?
    Depowered and the choreography and Cheetah powers still loking awful pls, not only about feats, the fight looked like it didn't have enough budget