Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I think it has less to do with making the film fit in with JL continuity and more to do with wanting Pine back as the chemistry & interactions between Pine and & Gadot were one of he most appealing things about the first WW movie. I'm sure a big part of coming up with '84's plot was "find a way to bring back Steve Trevor", who cares about continuity. After all, we're meant to believe than in JL nobody recalls that time back in 84 when everyone had their wish granted.
    There would have been more gravitas if like Clash of the Titans they sought to explore more Greek gods like Hades (who presided over the dead) or the Fates/Furies, just an organic way to bring back Steve and then maybe have him sacrifice himself despite having a second chance to give Diana back her powers as a trade to Hades.I feel it could have worked if they did it that way but the way they did it was absurd , there was just no stakes at all .Steve looks at himself in the mirror and sees the guy he is 'hitching' a ride on,that made it have a cloud of duplicity from the get go, it was not only contrived af but even in story was doomed to be inconsequential.The story with a god like Hades, even if he briefly controlled Steve while working through Lord, would have been more realistic but ah well what's done is done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I think it has less to do with making the film fit in with JL continuity and more to do with wanting Pine back as the chemistry & interactions between Pine and & Gadot were one of he most appealing things about the first WW movie. I'm sure a big part of coming up with '84's plot was "find a way to bring back Steve Trevor", who cares about continuity. After all, we're meant to believe than in JL nobody recalls that time back in 84 when everyone had their wish granted.
    That's been a thing since forever in the DCEU, unlike the MCU where everything is coherent including the big retcons the DCEU just throws things at the wall and hopes it sticks. What's frustrating is that the driers are in on it like Jenkins just shrugging off questions about canon when asked. Just commit and don't be afraid of saying anything directed by Snyder isn't canon anymore, among other developments. Come up with something explaining this in another film, even as a gag, go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's been a thing since forever in the DCEU, unlike the MCU where everything is coherent including the big retcons the DCEU just throws things at the wall and hopes it sticks. What's frustrating is that the driers are in on it like Jenkins just shrugging off questions about canon when asked. Just commit and don't be afraid of saying anything directed by Snyder isn't canon anymore, among other developments. Come up with something explaining this in another film, even as a gag, go with it.
    Flashpoint is going to reboot things so the wonky current continuity isn't really a big deal the back end of flashpoint is going to set the stage for everything moving forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Flashpoint is going to reboot things so the wonky current continuity isn't really a big deal the back end of flashpoint is going to set the stage for everything moving forward.
    They've been doing that without Flashpoint for years, all that does is create more confusion and for what? They don't need Flashpoint to make their continuity coherent and even if they did do this it'd crate more confusion and the directors will be just doing their own thing anyway.

Screenshot_20210113-094115_Brave.jpg
    He also starred as Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Watched this on Christmas night on HBO Max. Even though I am a filmmaker myself and miss the theater experience greatly, I am kinda excited by the fact that I can watch the big films like this from the comfort of home at no extra charge. Also, a lot of the film was shot in northern VA only like 2 or 3 hours from where I live. A few of my actor friends are extras in the opening mall scene so I am happy Virginia is getting in on the film game.

Anyway, I thought Wonder Woman 2 was just okay. Honestly, it didn't need to be 2 and half hours long, 30-40 mins of this could have been shaved off easily. Gal was still great as well as Chris Pine, but I don't know it just seemed like the movie dragged. I had a hard time seeing Kristen Wigg as a villain too lol. Also, the CGI was pretty bad ( when Wonder Woman was speed running for example). Long story short, I would give the movie a 6.5 or at most a 7/10.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 01-13-2021 at 01:13 PM.

BANNED

They've been doing that without Flashpoint for years, all that does is create more confusion and for what? They don't need Flashpoint to make their continuity coherent and even if they did do this it'd crate more confusion and the directors will be just doing their own thing anyway.
    They need flashpoint for a huge reason. It's the most obvious way to bring Steve Back for good this time, even though ít will presumably the last film in this version of the franchise. But it gives them a perfectly happy ending.

The more I think about this movie, the less I like it. I think I’ll leave my viewing count to 1, so as to prevent fully ruining the experience for me.

What a shame. The first WW movie is among my favorites.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I saw it yesterday. I am probably the minority, but i liked it even more that the first film. It had some flaws(Gadot is a mediocre actor,but she got improved, Cheetah needed more developement and i wasn't thrilled about Steve's return), but it had an old school atmosphere,loved the central theme of the movie(the worth of Truth and cheating is not always the way) and Pascal's Max Lord is one of my favourite villains in a comic book movies.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

I don't get these claims that 84 breaks continuity. It goes out of its way to hide Wonder Woman's mere presence from the public to line up with the continuity that she remained an obscure figure.

The fact there was a crazy week in 84 in the DCEU doesn't break at all with continuity, if anything it makes the world building a bit more interesting. If you live in a world with superheroes and crazy stuff, but the crazy stuff only appears when the superheroes do, which happens a lot in the genre, then the world building is kind of silly.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I saw it yesterday. I am probably the minority, but i liked it even more that the first film. It had some flaws(Gadot is a mediocre actor,but she got improved, Cheetah needed more developement and i wasn't thrilled about Steve's return), but it had an old school atmosphere,loved the central theme of the movie(the worth of Truth and cheating is not always the way) and Pascal's Max Lord is one of my favourite villains in a comic book movies.
    I probably liked it more than the original too.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just saw it finally thanks to PlayStation. Don’t see what all the negativity was about, this film felt very right in terms of what Diana is like and felt like a great follow up to the previous movie above all else, which honestly is what most of us wanted. Pedro and Kirsten are great villains too for this story. Have high hopes for both Wonder Woman 3 and Rogue Squadron now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't get these claims that 84 breaks continuity. It goes out of its way to hide Wonder Woman's mere presence from the public to line up with the continuity that she remained an obscure figure.

The fact there was a crazy week in 84 in the DCEU doesn't break at all with continuity, if anything it makes the world building a bit more interesting. If you live in a world with superheroes and crazy stuff, but the crazy stuff only appears when the superheroes do, which happens a lot in the genre, then the world building is kind of silly.
    It's the third act. Wonder Woman flying breaks her abilities in B vs S, and the global event with Max Lord undercuts Man of Steel's status quo that the only global event in modern history was the Kryptonians. What happened that day would be an anniversary celebrated in every country and the mystery of the woman who talked the world down would be everywhere - she might even gain cults since nobody knows who she is and her "power" is god-like by communicating with the entire world with a message which cold be read both in philosophy and religions. Conspiracy theories about that day would be normal in mainstream media. Calling that a "crazy week" is an understatement. This severs the final ties with Snyder's movies from Wonder Woman, and therefore DCEU canon.

It's the third act. Wonder Woman flying breaks her abilities in B vs S,
    She also doesn't use her sonic bracelet ability. I don't think her not using her flying ability in BvS is a major discontinuity. Flying is basically only used to fast travel anyway.

and the global event with Max Lord undercuts Man of Steel's status quo that the only global event in modern history was the Kryptonians.
    If you live in a world with gods and super powered beings, these things should pop up now and again.

What happened that day would be an anniversary celebrated in every country and the mystery of the woman who talked the world down would be everywhere - she might even gain cults since nobody knows who she is and her "power" is god-like by communicating with the entire world with a message which cold be read both in philosophy and religions. Conspiracy theories about that day would be normal in mainstream media. Calling that a "crazy week" is an understatement. This severs the final ties with Snyder's movies from Wonder Woman, and therefore DCEU canon.
    I mean it would be like Superman in MoS, when he was just a dude that occasionally did crazy things. Like, if Wonder Woman did like an interview or something, I'd say this is a clear violation of continuity, but the movie goes out of its way to show Wonder Woman hiding her identity. This is 100% a DCEU film.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    She also doesn't use her sonic bracelet ability. I don't think her not using her flying ability in BvS is a major discontinuity. Flying is basically only used to fast travel anyway.
    She should have been stronger in her fight with Doomsday with how she fought Ares, and flying is what gave Superman a big assist while Wonder Woman's not doing that. Diana's not that stupid to let mobility like that go to waste, she's a trained warrior with decades of experience. Compare how she and Superman fight Doomsday, he exploits that ability to his advantage.

If you live in a world with gods and super powered beings, these things should pop up now and again.
    In Snyders movies magic isn't real, the only weird things that happen were to do with Kryptonians by MOS. The only god-like being worshipped in Snyder's movies is Superman himself. The only superhumans in his movies are Superman, the Kryptonians, Wonder Woman, Batman and Doomsday. Batman and Diana at that stage are burn legends and the only thing Wonder Woman's known for is a photo that lex has, nobody knows who she is.

I mean it would be like Superman in MoS, when he was just a dude that occasionally did crazy things. Like, if Wonder Woman did like an interview or something, I'd say this is a clear violation of continuity, but the movie goes out of its way to show Wonder Woman hiding her identity. This is 100% a DCEU film.
    In MOS it's not just about Superman, he's not only entity who can trash cities - it's Zod and the Black Zero - who nearly destroy humanity. Her dined't jsyt do "crazy things," he saved the world with the military in front of everyone. That's a game changer, B vs S explores this with the media, it's why he's seen as a god by people. But the woman who saved the world from World war 3 by communciting with everyone is not mentioned? That makes Superman far less of an unknown, he came years after she did that. Wonder Woman doesn't need an interview, she personally talked to everyone on Earth and saved the world by making people revoke wishes (congrats, magic's real in the 80's!) and stopping by then the biggest threat to humanity since Hitler himself. She stopped World War 3, and ervyone would know her by that. They don't that she's Wonder Woman but they know a woman did that by supernatural means. The things which happened in '84 weren't small scale, everyone was directly impacted by that. More then they were with Superman in both his movies. Superman was been from a distance, she personally spoke to these people in their minds with singular speech. That changes human history.