Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Then Steve should have been the responsible one, not Diana.

And how do you know he was not aware? It's very possible that he did agree to share his body with Steve.
    Aaaaaand im now grabbing popcorn

I'm telling you that maybe other than some people on Twitter, no one is questioning about that scene lol

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Does the movie give literally any indication anywhere he agreed to be possessed?
    I stepped out for snacks when that creep was hitting on Barbara, so I don’t know if we ever saw Steve magically appear , before he found Diana at the gala. And how was he able to get in?

He was only Steve to Diana, to any other ppl he is that black haired guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm telling you that maybe other than some people on Twitter, no one is questioning about that scene lol
    I think a lot of the budget must be spent on that "game" in the beginning and to stage the 80s stuff. So the fight against Cheetah was a huge meh.

I thought it was great. Really captured what I feel is the spirit of Diana, the power of the truth and the strength of her compassion. I thought the emotional beats were solid, the actors were all incredible. It was cheesy but in a good way. Everything I want in a superhero movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

But maybe more should be??

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    But maybe more should be??
    I don't think it's a big thing to talk about while I'm not pleased at many of the flaws.

Still the biggest problem as a blockbuster is that its tempo was too long and the final fight sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    To be frank, it seems like you just didn't pay attention to the movie. He didn't bungle into anything. He had a goal, and a plan to achieve that goal, and he was entirely successful in doing so. And then after he achieved his goal, he was forced onto the backfoot and had to improvise to stay a head.

Personally, that's a much more interesting villain than a regular chess master is chess master
    To be frank I did pay attention to the movie, and because I had a different opinion that you is no need to be condescending or dismissive of other people's opinions. We can have a conversation even while disagreeing about plot points in a film we had differing opinions on. If that is too much for you then I suggest you carry on.

Maxwell Lord here was a loser from start to finish. He had no grand agenda. He had to fumble around randomly grabbing people for wishes to basically push the "plot" forward. And even at the end he just gave up after Wonder Woman lectured the world into giving up their selfishness. He says he did it for his son's future but his son was right there and he pushed him away most of the movie and even got annoyed when he showed up and interrupted his operation. Anyone that had no clue who Maxwell is in any other medium, is he a great showcase of a villian here that you would love to see more from more plots? There was nothing memorable about him. Nothing on the level of a Trinity villian that seemed like a match for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So is nobody going to mention that Wonder Woman absolutely raped the guy whos body Steve is possessing? They literally go back to his home and have sex in his bed, and its definitely not like his body physically changed into being Chris Pine, it's just a narrative device to convey that it's Steve. It'd definitely just that other guy.
    Its true they didn't even do the basics and address what exactly was happening there. Where was the guy her wish pushed out? She even had a line about all I see is you". She didn't pretend to care. She is DC's compassionate moral center usually her theme is love. She didn't even question where the guy was that got shoved aside for Steve. I get she had been lonely for decades and the thought of getting to wrap herself in him and ride this random dude even while losing her power and hes hurting the world. But, was it necessary though? Like I said I wouldn't have minded if she just wished Steve back altogether and he stayed. She needs contemporary support anyway.

I mean Steve has to be gone gone this time right? So the next outing we have to be introduced to a whole new cast for her to have any friends to round her character out.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 12-25-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

We don't know, probably his will was still there and agreed to do those things. So we cannot accuse anyone for crime.
    That's a generous assumption that the movie gives us absolutely no reason to believe to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    To be frank I did pay attention to the movie, and because I had a different opinion that you is no need to be condescending or dismissive of other people's opinions. We can have a conversation even while disagreeing about plot points in a film we had differing opinions on. If that is too much for you then I suggest you carry on.

Maxwell Lord here was a loser from start to finish. He had no grand agenda. He had to fumble around randomly grabbing people for wishes to basically push the "plot" forward. And even at the end he just gave up after Wonder Woman lectured the world into giving up their selfishness. He says he did it for his son's future but his son was right there and he pushed him away most of the movie and even got annoyed when he showed up and interrupted his operation. Anyone that had no clue who Maxwell is in any other medium, is he a great showcase of a villian here that you would love to see more from more plots? There was nothing memorable about him. Nothing on the level of a Trinity villian that seemed like a match for Diana.
    True, also that how did he know that his son would be safe if he gave up? He could easily use his exchange power to ensure his son's safety.

But remember who was he based on, consider him lucky that he got whitewashed.

Cheetah is also a loser, but makes more sense that she wants to be powerful, it would have been better if the plot focus more on her.

Astonishing Member

True, also that how did he know that his son would be safe if he gave up? He could easily use his exchange power to ensure his son's safety.

But remember who was he based on, consider him lucky that he got whitewashed.

Cheetah is also a loser, but makes more sense that she wants to be powerful, it would have been better if the plot focus more on her.
    You don't even have to dig too deep to tear down the silliness of Max's machinations. He literally went to the White House and purposely tried to incite nuclear war. How is a nuclear wasteland going to keep his son safe or caring about his future? He didn't even do anything to make sure he was safe during all that. Then finally at the end Wonder Woman talks at him and he cares? Ok.

Thats a good point about Cheetah. They could have developed her alone and left Max out honestly. Max was unimpressive anyway.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 12-25-2020 at 09:28 PM.

This may be just me, but when I saw that cute little kid that was so impressed with Wonder Woman at the mall, I couldn't help but think of Peony McGill (Star-Blossom). First I love that character, so I may just be projecting my own interests, but the actress was a little African-American girl with short hair and glasses, all of which match McGill's physicality. On top of that, she seemed utterly inspired and impressed by Wonder Woman, which is more or less THE defining trait of Star-Blossom.

Am I the only one?

EDIT: It occurred to me her character would be listed in the credits and if I got the right one, her character is listed on IMDB as "Courtney". If she was intended as a salute to Peony McGill, I imagine they would just use that name. It appears that connection was all in my head.
    Last edited by Hatut Zeraze; 12-25-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    You don't even have to dig too deep to tear down the silliness of Max's machinations. He literally went to the White House and purposely tried to incite nuclear war. How is a nuclear wasteland going to keep his son safe or caring about his future? He didn't even do anything to make sure he was safe during all that. Then finally at the end Wonder Woman talks at him and he cares? Ok.
    And why would the President simply go with his way? I mean he already caused much strange things, the President should have figured out there was something going on, he should have detained him and see how could he be used to benefit the nation rather than let him go wild that could deeply hurt the US.

The movie tried to go upon large scale of humanity in real life setting(which most of the superhero movies including the first WW movie have tried to avoid) but failed to make basic sense upon it.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 12-25-2020 at 09:34 PM.

This movie was really messy. I liked a lot of it, but it needed a re-write or four. It seemed like it didn't really know what its theme was, Max's motivations for both his villain turn and his "hero" turn are dubious at best and the plot mechanics with the wishes really break down the more you think about them. It's almost the opposite of the first movie. Where the first movie was near perfect to me and glaring flaw prevents me from enjoying it fully, this movie is a flawed movie that I enjoy despite those flaws.