Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I don't understand why they gave up so early. MCU didn't have anyone outstanding besides IM in phase one as well. If they have patience it could have been built well.
There is your answer right there. Warner Brothers didn't have patience. They wanted to have a shared universe like Marvel, but they didn't want to take the time to build that universe with stand alone movies for each character. Perhaps that was the initial plan before Green Lantern came out, but once that tanked and Man of Steel proved to be successful yet divisive, they decided to get to Justice League as fast as possible. So we get Batman v Superman, which gives us a new Batman, Wonder Woman, and VERY brief introductions to Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg- and those were less introductions and more of "Hey look! It's Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg!". In the end we only got origin stories for Superman and Wonder Woman, we just see that Batman has existed, and we knew NOTHING about the others.

Now, they want to focus on the characters and tell stand alone movies, and I'm all for that. Sure, maybe build up to a team-up movie again one day. Maybe Flashpoint will do that. But for now they want to focus on the characters, and I see no problem with that.