Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Why can't they use someone like Faora to have a real intense fight with WW? The fight against Cheetah really sucks

Retired

I liked it over all, but I think there's some fat in the middle that could be cut. By the last third, I was getting goose bumps--which is what I get when I really love a movie. But I didn't like much of the score. I think the first trailer set us up with false expectations--that there would be a more 1980s style to the music and a lot more of the 1980s vibe. Although, to be fair, the plot is the sort of thing you would get in a 1980s movie.

Incredible Member

Unfortunately, I think some of what's happening is people were too overly hyped maybe due to the pandemic pushing it back and it being the first blockbuster in a very long time but in comparison to other superhero films it wasn't a bad film by any stretch. In fact I would argue its been one of the better written ones in a few years. Heck, I'm even seeing people complain about Soul, which was also a good film so I'm thinking some of the negative responses are due to extremely high expectations due to not having a blockbuster in almost a year.

I do think this movie is better seen in theaters. I remember watching the fireworks scene and Cairo car chase scene and thinking that this would look and sound amazing in a theater, which would've added to the overall experience.

I liked it. I'd put it on par with the first movie, and at least as good as Aquaman was, which I enjoyed.

I liked the pictures in Diana's apartment. We got to see old Etta Candy. Wish they had zoomed in on that first picture- I think it was a wedding, but I'm not sure. And it looks like Diana stuck around with the original team for a while.

Love the fact that we got the invisible jet, as well as the explanation for it. Though I wonder if she'll loose it like the coffee cup...

Pedro Pascal is having a banner year, isn't he? The Mandalorian, this, even that new kiddie hero movie on Netflix.

I'm not sure what it was, but the guy Steve took over, in his normal form, looked like cross between Christian Slater and Henry Cavill.

I liked the fact that, at the end when Diana was talking to everyone through the broadcast, Zimmer brought back a music cue from Batman v Superman- A Beautiful Lie

Great to see Lynda Carter again. Oddly, I always thought the Amazon's immortality was tied to them staying on Themyscira, with Diana being a special case.

New thought- I'd love for it to be revealed that the Justice Society was active in WWII, and that Asteria was the Wonder Woman on that team. Come on, it writes itself.

Speaking of, glad they found a way to go back there, and glad they found a way to bring back Robin Wright. But when we finally get a third movie, I hope they find a way for Diana to return to the island in the present day, if only to visit.

FINALLY, Diana can fly on her own. I was alright with her just swinging from lightning bolts, but to see her fly finally put a smile on my face.

There was a real joy watching each of the main characters exploring their wishes- from Barbara working out, to Max granting the wishes. And I loved Steve, a man who died during the first World War, discovering the future. Though it was a bit ridiculous that he could fly a modern fighter jet.

Cheetah looked pretty good- at least it didn't look as bad as Cats did. It helped it was at night.

I think, at the end of the day, my biggest problem is the character here really doesn't mesh with the character we me in present day in Batman v Superman. Even the costume was different (nice to see bolder colors, though). In BvS, she was still mourning the loss of Steve. But here, it looks like she was finally able to let him go and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked it. I'd put it on par with the first movie, and at least as good as Aquaman was, which I enjoyed.

I liked the pictures in Diana's apartment. We got to see old Etta Candy. Wish they had zoomed in on that first picture- I think it was a wedding, but I'm not sure. And it looks like Diana stuck around with the original team for a while.

Love the fact that we got the invisible jet, as well as the explanation for it. Though I wonder if she'll loose it like the coffee cup...

Pedro Pascal is having a banner year, isn't he? The Mandalorian, this, even that new kiddie hero movie on Netflix.

I'm not sure what it was, but the guy Steve took over, in his normal form, looked like cross between Christian Slater and Henry Cavill.

I liked the fact that, at the end when Diana was talking to everyone through the broadcast, Zimmer brought back a music cue from Batman v Superman- A Beautiful Lie

Great to see Lynda Carter again. Oddly, I always thought the Amazon's immortality was tied to them staying on Themyscira, with Diana being a special case.

New thought- I'd love for it to be revealed that the Justice Society was active in WWII, and that Asteria was the Wonder Woman on that team. Come on, it writes itself.

Speaking of, glad they found a way to go back there, and glad they found a way to bring back Robin Wright. But when we finally get a third movie, I hope they find a way for Diana to return to the island in the present day, if only to visit.

FINALLY, Diana can fly on her own. I was alright with her just swinging from lightning bolts, but to see her fly finally put a smile on my face.

There was a real joy watching each of the main characters exploring their wishes- from Barbara working out, to Max granting the wishes. And I loved Steve, a man who died during the first World War, discovering the future. Though it was a bit ridiculous that he could fly a modern fighter jet.

Cheetah looked pretty good- at least it didn't look as bad as Cats did. It helped it was at night.

I think, at the end of the day, my biggest problem is the character here really doesn't mesh with the character we me in present day in Batman v Superman. Even the costume was different (nice to see bolder colors, though). In BvS, she was still mourning the loss of Steve. But here, it looks like she was finally able to let him go and move on.
    Aquaman doesn't have much character development other than the hero, but its characters overall have logical sense and the plot didn't try to touch the danger zone.

So I think they are on par but Aquaman's fights are more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Why can't they use someone like Faora to have a real intense fight with WW? The fight against Cheetah really sucks
    They really made them look like two street level characters...

Just saw the movie... it was good but that's all and tbh i feel the movie a bit longer. There were to many scenes of Diana and Steve, i also agree that the movie could have more action scenes

And Cheetah was good I wish she got more screentime in her Full Cheetah form, i felt her final fight short and without showing much of their powers...

can say that that scene of Diana saying goodbye to Steve and regaining his powers was very emotional

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    They really made them look like two street level characters...

Just saw the movie... it was good but that's all and tbh i feel the movie a bit longer. There were to many scenes of Diana and Steve, i also agree that the movie could have more action scenes

And Cheetah was good I wish she got more screentime in her Full Cheetah form, i felt her final fight short and without showing much of their powers...

can say that that scene of Diana saying goodbye to Steve and regaining his powers was very emotional
    Because they tried to set up a huge theme of "the greed of humanity" and use the whole world to show it. At the same time used 2 villains. Still most of the characters were bland or didn't get expanded, the theme was showed very badly. Especially Cheetah' later action was entirely WTF.

I won't call it good because the flaw was too obvious.

I once made a video of WW VS Faora, guess I will use the new movies' scenes to improve the fight part when the clips were shown on YT

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 12-25-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

In a year of very strange character decisions, between making Cassie Cain a completely ordinary child and making Illyana in New Mutants super racist, I certainly didn't think it's be topped by "Wonder Woman sexually assaults someone"

it's sad that Diana couldn't have the best h2h fight with her nemesis (Cheetah) like the comic and cartoons versions

I hate to say this but her best showing still in the BvS movie, against Doomsday...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    In a year of very strange character decisions, between making Cassie Cain a completely ordinary child and making Illyana in New Mutants super racist, I certainly didn't think it's be topped by "Wonder Woman sexually assaults someone"
    How is it rape? Steve was willing to do it when that guy was not in control, why should she be responsible for it?

And I think that guy also likes her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    it's sad that Diana couldn't have the best h2h fight with her nemesis (Cheetah) like the comic and cartoons versions

I hate to say this but her best showing still in the BvS movie, against Doomsday...
    She should have a huge H2H fight with Ares instead of those magic shiny stuff.

Doomsday was by far the best but it was still too big and there were way too many beam fight. MoS fight>>>all other DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    How is it rape? Steve was willing to do it when that guy was not in control, why should she be responsible for it?

And I think that guy also likes her.
    Because the body was not Steve's and despite the movie filming Chris Pines face, it still remains the original guy's face and body. They also do it in his bed in his home.

So yes, she had sex with a person who physically had no awareness of what was happening or control of their body, without consent. Which is, you know, rape, which probably is bad call for a Wonder Woman movie.

Because the body was not Steve's and despite the movie filming Chris Pines face, it still remains the original guy's face and body. They also do it in his bed in his home.

So yes, she had sex with a person who physically had no awareness of what was happening or control of their body, without consent. Which is, you know, rape, which probably is bad call for a Wonder Woman movie.
    Then Steve should have been the responsible one, not Diana.

And how do you know he was not aware? It's very possible that he did agree to share his body with Steve.

Does the movie give literally any indication anywhere he agreed to be possessed?

Does the movie give literally any indication anywhere he agreed to be possessed?
    We don't know, probably his will was still there and agreed to do those things. So we cannot accuse anyone for crime.