View Poll Results: Gliding (+ The Invisible Jet) or Flying?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gliding (+ The Invisible Jet)

13 27.08%
  • Flying

37 77.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Gliding (+ The Invisible Jet) or Flying?

Which version of Wonder Woman is your favorite? The version of her character that glides (& flies in the Invisible Jet) or the version of her character that can fly?

Why can’t she fly and have the invisible jet

I voted flying but I never saw the reason she couldn’t have both.

Gliding on air currents always came off a distinction without a difference, so self-powered flight.

Fantastic Member

One of the things that I love most about Wonder Woman is that she is so wonderfully (pun intended) unique and original. There are things about her that make her greatly stand out from the crowd of generic superheroes like her golden, unbreakable lasso, her Invisible Jet, etc. That's why I liked the version of Wonder Woman that could glide rather than fly. It was just one more of those things that had made her standout from other superheroes IMHO.
    Last edited by 7-Love; 12-25-2020 at 01:53 PM.

I didn't vote, I like both and there is no reason she can't do both

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I didn't vote, I like both and there is no reason she can't do both
    Samesies. I also find it strange that this topic is always so popular.

Spectacular Member

Doesn't sound redundant to you have the power of flight and a flying vehicle?It's like giving a car to the flash

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Samesies. I also find it strange that this topic is always so popular.
    It's always so popular because some quarters don't want to see her fly. No matter the stated reasons, it's really only to hold her back, keep her in her place and to perpetuate sexist bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Doesn't sound redundant to you have the power of flight and a flying vehicle?It's like giving a car to the flash
    I can run fast but I also have a car.

The plane could also double as a spaceship.

Didn't it have shapeshifting abilities in the 90's?

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Flying. I love the TV show, but an invisible plane in which you can see the person piloting it was ridiculous, even by superhero standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's always so popular because some quarters don't want to see her fly. No matter the stated reasons, it's really only to hold her back, keep her in her place and to perpetuate sexist bullshit.
    How is she sexist? I equate her powers with that of a particularly strong amazon. Flying just comes out of nowhere. It's not so much that I'm against it, it's more like it's unnecessary. She can jump around and use her lasso. There aren't many scenarios where she would need flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    My impression is rather that some people here are gung-ho that if she doesn't fly at mach 2 in every single story, she is underpowered and disrespected.

Okay, I'm exaggerating.

Do I like a flying Wonder Woman? Yes. But I find many other aspects of her much more compelling.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Mighty Member

Flying and the Invisible Jet, these don't contradict each other.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How is she sexist? I equate her powers with that of a particularly strong amazon. Flying just comes out of nowhere. It's not so much that I'm against it, it's more like it's unnecessary. She can jump around and use her lasso. There aren't many scenarios where she would need flight.
    You seem to confuse Hippolyta with Diana, the Amazons would need to be several magnitudes more powerful than they are for that to make any sense otherwise. And you can go ask the Superman fans what they think about him losing flight, and jumping around again, it will be most likely the same answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    My impression is rather that some people here are gung-ho that if she doesn't fly at mach 2 in every single story, she is underpowered and disrespected.
    The fact that you mention flying at Mach 2 as if that would be remotely impressive, kind of shows how long and often Wonder Woman has been vastly underpowered and disrespected already, and that people should be probably way more gung-ho about it.

I know you have said you were exaggerating, but it still fits to be honest.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 12-25-2020 at 05:05 PM.