Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default DC is done in June 2021 ?

I heard this rumor that Jim Lee is resigning from DC and the company is done in June of 2021 and I was wondering if true? Then I hear the plans with Future State, Infinite Power and 5G is a crock of malarkey so why buy anymore DC since the only comic books are going to be based on the Trinity of Batman Superman and Wonder Woman?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I heard the same thing from my uncle who is the personal assistant of the janitor who works at Grant Morrison's favorite barber shop.

yes, DC comics is shutting down. they already announced it actually, they're only putting out these last comics as like a going out of business/liquidation/everything must go kinda thing. people only want the Trinity, and even though DC publishes largely books focused on the Trinity, no one is buying. it's all much sad, very tragic.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    I heard this rumor that Jim Lee is resigning from DC and the company is done in June of 2021 and I was wondering if true? Then I hear the plans with Future State, Infinite Power and 5G is a crock of malarkey so why buy anymore DC since the only comic books are going to be based on the Trinity of Batman Superman and Wonder Woman?
    This sounds like you probably follow one of those Comicsgate losers. Don't listen to misinformation. They just launched a lot of limited series that are going for at least six months, so their BS theories don't event account for that.

Wow, this is hilarious
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

As bad as things are at DC I don't think it's THAT bad. That rumour is probably nothing more than that. I wouldn't take it seriously even if Jim lee does end up resigning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Relax, it's just shitty rumor from shitty site. Nothing is shutting down.

Incredible Member

I dont believe they are closing but they look in a world of trouble to me.

3 reboots and a rebrand in 10 years and a line that keeps shrinking. Nothing they have tried with main line has worked at all. Distro looks a mess. Cant make anything work except batman line.

Personally i expect image and marvel to start eating more and more into their marketshare.

DC wont come to end but its not in the best of shape.
    As for Lee leaving? what difference does it make, he never had any authority or influence. The fact that in March will see less books ongoing, shows that he can't even defend what he was supposed to defend, the Dc characters that arent just Trinity.
    That said, if this trend continues Batman alone can probably keep DC afloat, but its just pure survival.
    DC is being forced into a mess by AT&T who is looking only at profits, at the cost of sacrificing the rest of DC that isn't Batman.

Astonishing Member

If you heard from EVs, it’s BS

Besides, anyone here think they would shut down without finally breaking the glass on Twilight of the Superheroes?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If you heard from EVs, it’s BS

Besides, anyone here think they would shut down without finally breaking the glass on Twilight of the Superheroes?
    It's BS but they are neither in the best of shape

Spectacular Member

If Marvel won't call it quits around that time, I don't believe DC will either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    It's BS but they are neither in the best of shape
    Oh no, DC is in a bad state. Probably Terminal in fact.

But June 21 is far too soon for that. They’ll probably be able to keep cutting titles down to trinity + 1/2 team books to a certain point (probably to see how Snydercut/HBO Max does) then announce a wrap up event/crossover with lots of tie ins to try end on a high.

If jim lee stepped down wouldn't they just replace him with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    As for Lee leaving? what difference does it make, he never had any authority or influence. The fact that in March will see less books ongoing, shows that he can't even defend what he was supposed to defend, the Dc characters that arent just Trinity.
    But he sure managed to place his Wildstorm characters in new comics.