Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

So where's the source?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No one is buying anything non trinity related, the fight for different characters to retrieve limelight is pointless,
    Actually there are folks who would do that. With some probably will do a better job with those guys than DC.

when they never generate sales
    According to WHO? Firestorm, Steel, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle and others have generated sales.

Let me remind you of something everything can sale if you get it in the RIGHT hands.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer was a FAILED movie. 2 hit tv shows and her comic was one of the faces at Dark Horse for years.
    Firefly was a failed show. That comic is doing better than some DC books.
    Dejah Thoris from John Carter has held more books than a LOT of females NOT named WW, Babs Gordon or Supergirl.
    Elmo was a FAILED muppet that almost found his way into the trash can and then came Kevin Clash.

Now taking into consideration how many DC guys are NOT linked to a franchise meaning you can buy them and NOT change a thing about them.

Vixen, Impala, Freedom Beast, Kid Impala, Bronze Tiger, Crowbar and Tattoo Man could easily develop Wakandan accents.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    i would like to believe you're picked up on my sarcasm and were just playing along but I something tells me that's not the case. in which case...

apparently the trinity receiving the limelight is pointless as well because DC comics is still floundering in decline, trying to figure out why less and less people are buying their books.
    that also must be why no one has ever sold well or been critically acclaimed or has ever in the history of ever (I laugh at the impossiblity as I type) has sold more than the Trinity, ya know, because the Trinity the pinnacle of storytelling and character; peak fiction!

LOL people say stuff like this and wondering why the DC is struggling. let me stay in character; yeah man, what DC needs to do is get rid of all the other characters and focus on their money makers. all these short-lived stories about other characters. 12 issues? 6 issues? 3 issues?pfft if they wanna save DC what they need to do is relegate everyone else to just back-ups in Trinity books. PEAK FICTION!!
    Exactly. When Marvel was looking at doomsday X-Men were top dog and we saw what happened to them, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man.

DC publishing was making even every year. If they weren't, WB let it slide because IP farm/brand etc.
    Remember DC Comics is MORE than comic books. It's EVERYTHING from books, trades, tv shows, movies & merchandise.

The books are a DROP in the pool compared to what the tv and movies cost. If it got that bad we would and probably should see an axing of movies and shows.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    So where's the source?
    That's my question. Where did this come from?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's my question. Where did this come from?
    EVS YouTube I assume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually there are folks who would do that. With some probably will do a better job with those guys than DC.

According to WHO? Firestorm, Steel, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle and others have generated sales.

Let me remind you of something everything can sale if you get it in the RIGHT hands.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer was a FAILED movie. 2 hit tv shows and her comic was one of the faces at Dark Horse for years.
    Firefly was a failed show. That comic is doing better than some DC books.
    Dejah Thoris from John Carter has held more books than a LOT of females NOT named WW, Babs Gordon or Supergirl.
    Elmo was a FAILED muppet that almost found his way into the trash can and then came Kevin Clash.

Now taking into consideration how many DC guys are NOT linked to a franchise meaning you can buy them and NOT change a thing about them.

Vixen, Impala, Freedom Beast, Kid Impala, Bronze Tiger, Crowbar and Tattoo Man could easily develop Wakandan accents.
    Take this argument to AT@T hopefully they belive you

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

my bad mah poozer, but a shooter gotta shoot, ya know? to be fair tho, i did always like the JSA; in concept at least. I have yet to read much of their actual stories (which i've been meaning to before for Black Adam comes out).
    All is forgiven. What's a few shots between poozers?

I know you've soured on him, but you'd have to read the Johns JSA run. In its defense, I'd argue it's the strongest thing he ever wrote, and Black Adam has an excellent arc in it.

Incredible Member

i would like to believe you're picked up on my sarcasm and were just playing along but I something tells me that's not the case. in which case...

apparently the trinity receiving the limelight is pointless as well because DC comics is still floundering in decline, trying to figure out why less and less people are buying their books. that also must be why no one has ever sold well or been critically acclaimed or has ever in the history of ever (I laugh at the impossiblity as I type) has sold more than the Trinity, ya know, because the Trinity the pinnacle of storytelling and character; peak fiction!

LOL people say stuff like this and wondering why the DC is struggling. let me stay in character; yeah man, what DC needs to do is get rid of all the other characters and focus on their money makers. all these short-lived stories about other characters. 12 issues? 6 issues? 3 issues?pfft if they wanna save DC what they need to do is relegate everyone else to just back-ups in Trinity books. PEAK FICTION!!
    They cant afford the people who had the long runs today with other characters. If youre thinking someones going to magucally appear with 50 issues of son of arak or something... its not happening today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope I won’t be reading this post and shaking my head in a couple months because Lee was one of the people they let go lol
    For what it's worth, he's one of the most accomplished artists in the industry with seemingly 0 negative press or fan interactions. Dude does sketches and auctions them off to support businesses during COVID. He drove around near Christmas handing off sketches to medical employees as a measure of good holiday cheer. By every account, he's one of the nicest dudes in the entire industry on top of his immense talent (and I don't particularly love his work, but he objectively is top of the line). He occasionally streams his sketching at night and interacts with his fans and customers just because. He's literally a positive PR gold mine for them. And if I'm being a soulless corporate executive, he's also a POC in a visible high position at your company, which definitely helps them.

I know my saying this tees the universe up to tempt fate, but I imagine he's among the safest employees at DC. A guy with no controversy, is immensely respected, generates tons of positive headlines for your company and does his best to put a positive spin on everything while also giving their company much needed diversity in upper management, I just don't know if AT&T are braindead enough to let him go... Sadly, given DC's history, his invaluable nature almost certainly puts him on the chopping block.

Why must my favorite characters be owned by the most inept of suits!?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, he's one of the most accomplished artists in the industry with seemingly 0 negative press or fan interactions. Dude does sketches and auctions them off to support businesses during COVID. He drove around near Christmas handing off sketches to medical employees as a measure of good holiday cheer. By every account, he's one of the nicest dudes in the entire industry on top of his immense talent (and I don't particularly love his work, but he objectively is top of the line). He occasionally streams his sketching at night and interacts with his fans and customers just because. He's literally a positive PR gold mine for them. And if I'm being a soulless corporate executive, he's also a POC in a visible high position at your company, which definitely helps them.

I know my saying this tees the universe up to tempt fate, but I imagine he's among the safest employees at DC. A guy with no controversy, is immensely respected, generates tons of positive headlines for your company and does his best to put a positive spin on everything while also giving their company much needed diversity in upper management, I just don't know if AT&T are braindead enough to let him go... Sadly, given DC's history, his invaluable nature almost certainly puts him on the chopping block.

Yep! It used to be frustrating, but i really just don’t care anymore. At least I have plenty of older material to enjoy.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Alex Antone was one of the best editors DC had, he interacted with fans, very nice guy and lots of the stuff you mention. He left or was told to leave. So don't expect different treatment for others. They are damaging DC if not destroying DC.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Alex Antone was one of the best editors DC had, he interacted with fans, very nice guy and lots of the stuff you mention. He left or was told to leave. So don't expect different treatment for others. They are damaging DC if not destroying DC.
    The difference being most fans don't know editors (or inkers, or colorists, or letterers...) but pencillers? Jim Lee is one of the names every Joe Pleb comic fan knows. Even when he's phoning it in (like his 1000th issue/80th anniversary covers). He's also the head of the company. It's a bit different.

I mean I don’t even particularly care about Lee at all as a creator to be honest. And I don’t see him being a good choice for CCO, Lee’s takes on DC Characters don’t seem to align with mine. I wouldn’t really care if he left or got let go, but yeah it would basically signal DC was entering its terminal state for AT&T to cut him since he’s basically the public face with Didio gone.

The difference being most fans don't know editors (or inkers, or colorists, or letterers...) but pencillers? Jim Lee is one of the names every Joe Pleb comic fan knows. Even when he's phoning it in (like his 1000th issue/80th anniversary covers). He's also the head of the company. It's a bit different.
    honestly he never really had so much influence in DC even with Didio and even when Johns was on board, he seems the cardboard cutout for PR. Can't imagine him now with AT&T standing up to them.

I feel like we had the exact same thread 6 months or a year ago. Thanks, Van Sciver. One of these days he'll be right about something, but not this.