Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, he's one of the most accomplished artists in the industry with seemingly 0 negative press or fan interactions. Dude does sketches and auctions them off to support businesses during COVID. He drove around near Christmas handing off sketches to medical employees as a measure of good holiday cheer. By every account, he's one of the nicest dudes in the entire industry on top of his immense talent (and I don't particularly love his work, but he objectively is top of the line). He occasionally streams his sketching at night and interacts with his fans and customers just because. He's literally a positive PR gold mine for them. And if I'm being a soulless corporate executive, he's also a POC in a visible high position at your company, which definitely helps them.

I know my saying this tees the universe up to tempt fate, but I imagine he's among the safest employees at DC. A guy with no controversy, is immensely respected, generates tons of positive headlines for your company and does his best to put a positive spin on everything while also giving their company much needed diversity in upper management, I just don't know if AT&T are braindead enough to let him go... Sadly, given DC's history, his invaluable nature almost certainly puts him on the chopping block.

Why must my favorite characters be owned by the most inept of suits!?
    While I agree with everything you said... there is an issue of money. I'd guess that Lee is paid very well and it is a valid question if all that goodwill is worth whatever he is getting paid.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    nahnahnah, DC's closing down because they didn't use Connor Kent or the JSA enough.
    They used Conner Kent & the Titans as cannon fodder for every Crisis as for the JSA and Wildstorm have not been used enough to the verge of neglect (ie Event Leviathan) would be great protagonist in the DCU
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He also runs a gossip rag and nothing sells more than "the sky is falling!!!"

Look, DC is in a troubling spot right now, but folding in four months from their most recent solicits that clearly are establishing long runs (and minis extending beyond the expiration date) is just being illiterate at this point. This is just breathing some Comicsgate farts instead of air.

Johnston is also the kind of guy who will report something and never admit he was flatout wrong because it hurts his business to do so. He'd find a way to say "we reported this but it morphed into this," and eventually that broken clock is correct. Sometimes he's bang-on the money, a lot of times he's vaguely in the same postal code as the truth. Yeah, it's fun for discussion, but again that requires we read all the solicits, interviews and pretty much all business operations coming out of DC as an elaborate smoke and mirrors trick to cover the fact they're going to shut down in a short time.

Do DC (and AT&T of late) really strike you as coordinated enough to pull that kind of ruse off? If they do, please, share what you're smoking because while I've never partaken before, that supply is too dank to ignore.
    Just so you know, unlike certain Comicsgaters, I have never reported that DC is shutting up shop. Because it is not. It is, however, changing its business model. And that is what i am reporting. Rather than "the sky is falling" I am reporting that comics book sales are up. It's just not in comic book stores.

Extraordinary Member

What’s the status of Milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    I heard this rumor that Jim Lee is resigning from DC and the company is done in June of 2021 and I was wondering if true? Then I hear the plans with Future State, Infinite Power and 5G is a crock of malarkey so why buy anymore DC since the only comic books are going to be based on the Trinity of Batman Superman and Wonder Woman?
    my current writing contract would make that rumor false. I doubt they plan to pay for that many scripts if they're not planning to publish those books.

Mighty Member

Since ATAT bought out Warner, I just issue after issue with DC, like they don’t know what to do with them.
    The most i see happening is that DC publishing will either get sold or get licensed out to other companies. That way a smaller profit will go to ATAT rather than breaking evening.

Also, they have all these characters like Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman. They should be killing it right now. I think the problem is that their films have largely been lacklustre outside of a hand full of characters.
    That and they’ve been coasting on the success of the Nolan Batman films for over 10 years.
    I hear Shazam was good, but that’s trying to compete more with Deadpool.
    They need a killer film, not worrying about the larger universe, but one that is just a solid action film.

They make a solid Flash film, I can see them pulling back a bit more and actually getting somewhere.

Spectacular Member

I heard this rumor that Jim Lee is resigning from DC and the company is done in June of 2021 and I was wondering if true? Then I hear the plans with Future State, Infinite Power and 5G is a crock of malarkey so why buy anymore DC since the only comic books are going to be based on the Trinity of Batman Superman and Wonder Woman?
    Well Jim Lee will maybe go i will not be surprise. For DC shutdown, maybe it will be in 2022. Wait and see

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Well Jim Lee will maybe go i will not be surprise. For DC shutdown, maybe it will be in 2022. Wait and see
    When Jim Lee sold Wildstorm to DC, didn’t he get some type of long term contract? I thought that was the big deal when he left Image and sold to DC.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When Jim Lee sold Wildstorm to DC, didn’t he get some type of long term contract? I thought that was the big deal when he left Image and sold to DC.
    Maybe, i dont' know. Maybe the contract will be finish coming soon. But i found strange than Jim Lee don't speak recently about DC. It's not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    I have been hearing that DC was on the verge of shutting down ages and it never happened. Cutting down their titles and publishing only profitable books is commercially sound especially in the age of pandemics.
    Although as a fan I am not happy that certain books have been canceled but its reasonable.

Interesting,,,,,,,,,,
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Let's also remember that each of the recent rumors, almost always started by EVS then spread by his Comicsgate followers like the appalling folks at cosmicbooknews, suggest that the reason DC will shut down is backlash for being too "woke."

Give cosmicbooknews.com a look (just one, they don't deserve you) to see how every single anti-DC (or Marvel) rumor hyped there originates from that bigot EVS. The same website blames every failed TV/film adaptation on equal rights and representation for women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ. These are the same people that tried to push a narrative that HBO's Watchmen wouldn't have a second season because it was so BAD, and so WOKE that it was a total failure and everybody hated it. No mention at all of why there actually wasn't a second season. "Alternative facts" FTW, y'all.

I don't deny the clearly bad news represented by the mass firings or the confusion at DC they temporarily engendered, but the ones that are really pushing these rumors? The ones that are actually hoping for DC to fail? Strangely, by today's standards at least, they're largely coming from racists, homophobes, incels, or, to put it another way, just all around Trump diehards. I don't mean to pick on Republicans or conservatives, btw, but Trump and his last living supporters are neither.

A must watch. Perch does an especially great job in this one, IMO. -
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

The answer is obviously no

It's almost like these reactionary alt-right types are full of shit.