Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Is this trolling? Why are we indulging this when it's blatantly false.

I heard a rumor a meteor was going to hit Russia tomorrow, followed by an alien invasion. Watch out everyone
    The J-man

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

You forgot about the zombies coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's almost like these reactionary alt-right types are full of shit.
    Eh, they’re just presenting alternative facts. By the way, fake sports news reported that my Houston Rockets had the worst record in the league this year which is obviously the result of antifa and the BLM movement. Anybody with a stop the steal bumper sticker knows very well that they won the championship in a landslide.

This thread was originally started back on December 26, 2020.
    Can we finally close it now so it doesn't get bumped up again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This thread was originally started back on December 26, 2020.
    Can we finally close it now so it doesn't get bumped up again?
    Lol.

Not until July 1st.

July 1st.
    DC is still here.
    Carry on.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

They have been saying this since before the at&t takeover and then before it was part sold to discovery and some of the people saying it had been ex dc employees.

Something fundamental had definitely gone on within the company. They called it wrong but so did at&t too.

Is my understanding but I prefer to remain ignorant of the people saying this stuff so my interpretation could be wrong

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    I heard this rumor that Jim Lee is resigning from DC and the company is done in June of 2021 and I was wondering if true? Then I hear the plans with Future State, Infinite Power and 5G is a crock of malarkey so why buy anymore DC since the only comic books are going to be based on the Trinity of Batman Superman and Wonder Woman?
    The answer is no

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol.

Not until July 1st.
    Well, today is July 1st.

NOW can we close the damn thread please?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    They have been saying this since before the at&t takeover and then before it was part sold to discovery and some of the people saying it had been ex dc employees.

Something fundamental had definitely gone on within the company. They called it wrong but so did at&t too.

Is my understanding but I prefer to remain ignorant of the people saying this stuff so my interpretation could be wrong

I think there is an issue when you keep selling stuff because you chose to buy way too much stuff all at once. Now they want to pay for all that stuff and can't figure out what to keep or what to sell.

I think the fundamentals are how can we keep this afloat by just relying on Batman. Those are wrong fundamentals. Everyone at DC can carry their own weight. It's up to the folks in CHARGE to understand that.

Stargirl has a show-do I REALLY need a comic book starring her-NO. Can I go OGNs with her to the tune of 2-4 a year? YES.

Would OGNs work with Wonder Twins and others? YES.

Do I need 50 Batman books-NO.

Right now DC is just floating and taking advantage of being one of the big two. The issue with that is you can only live off that for so long. Your competition with nothing to lose is coming after you.

The Boys don't worry about Hal Jordan fans. Locke & Key don't worry about JSA and who came first. The INdy market is coming up and that includes in comic book store and outside. They don't bring baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    July 1st.
    DC is still here.
    Carry on.
    So True!
    DC is alive and kicking. But they may end when the calendar changes in the year 3000....LOL.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think there is an issue when you keep selling stuff because you chose to buy way too much stuff all at once. Now they want to pay for all that stuff and can't figure out what to keep or what to sell.

I think the fundamentals are how can we keep this afloat by just relying on Batman. Those are wrong fundamentals. Everyone at DC can carry their own weight. It's up to the folks in CHARGE to understand that.

Stargirl has a show-do I REALLY need a comic book starring her-NO. Can I go OGNs with her to the tune of 2-4 a year? YES.

Would OGNs work with Wonder Twins and others? YES.

Do I need 50 Batman books-NO.

Right now DC is just floating and taking advantage of being one of the big two. The issue with that is you can only live off that for so long. Your competition with nothing to lose is coming after you.

The Boys don't worry about Hal Jordan fans. Locke & Key don't worry about JSA and who came first. The INdy market is coming up and that includes in comic book store and outside. They don't bring baggage.

they are certainly looking vulnerable - very low grossing arm of a conglomerate (just the publishing side) compared to film, tv and video games. they have been dragged into a gigantic mess not of their making (ie giant leveraged buyout and covid) but personally i could not see why they could not be sold again.

well this thread didn't age well
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well this thread didn't age well
    Threads nowadays aren't built to last.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

...I miss DC already.