Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1 Black Widow
    2 Captain Marvel
    3 All-New X-Men
    4 Uncanny X-Men
    5 Hawkeye

These are actually the only Marvel titles I'm still reading and that will be dropping to four when Hawkeye ends in October.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

1. Daredevil - This book is so, so good. Mark Waid and Samnee are killing it.
    2. All New X-Factor - David's characters are great. Really enjoy every issue.
    3. The Punisher - Nathan Edmondson is on fine form with this book. Superb stuff.
    4. Magneto - Cullen Bunn is really impressing with this book. It's excellent.
    5. Secret Avengers - A fun and awesome book that is one of Marvel's best.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS: Cyclops (left out because of upcoming creative team change), Moon Knight (also left out because of the creative team change), Hawkeye (left out because of it ending and the unpredictable release schedule), Avengers Undercover & Superior Foes of Spider-Man (Both Not caught up yet, and sadly both also ending soon),

Extraordinary Member

1: New Avengers
    2: Thor: God Of Thunder
    3: Black Widow
    4: Daredevil
    5: Nova

1.Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
    2. New Warriors.
    3. Captain Marvel.
    4. Thor God of Thunder.
    5. Amazing X-Men.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

1. X-Force -if it weren't for Fantomex, this would be close to flawless as an X-book. Kim and Molina are very good.

2. Ms. Marvel - an extremely potent example of diversity done well, feels like a classic in its own right, too. Kamala and her cast are very charming, Wilson gets what made the old Spider-Man work without just aping the surface details. The art is also very pleasing without turning into "eye candy."

3. Elektra - arguably the best art on a monthly today with fantastic atmosphere and a thoroughly badass lead.

4. Black Widow - also great atmosphere, with very consistent characterization and a slew of interesting cameos that don't detract from the strength of the lead. I like the episodic style.

5. Secret Avengers - quickly gaining momentum. I think in a few months, everything will come together and we'll be floored.

Yeah, Cyclops and Moon Knight would probably be up there if they weren't changing teams. Maybe after all the new people get settled in...

Ultimate Member

Honorable mentions:

-Captain Marvel.
    -Thor: God of Thunder.
    -Magneto.
    -She-Hulk.
    -New Warriors (shame that it's ending soon).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    1. X-Force -if it weren't for Fantomex, this would be close to flawless as an X-book. Kim and Molina are very good.

2. Ms. Marvel - an extremely potent example of diversity done well, feels like a classic in its own right, too. Kamala and her cast are very charming, Wilson gets what made the old Spider-Man work without just aping the surface details. The art is also very pleasing without turning into "eye candy."

3. Elektra - arguably the best art on a monthly today with fantastic atmosphere and a thoroughly badass lead.

4. Black Widow - also great atmosphere, with very consistent characterization and a slew of interesting cameos that don't detract from the strength of the lead. I like the episodic style.

5. Secret Avengers - quickly gaining momentum. I think in a few months, everything will come together and we'll be floored.

Yeah, Cyclops and Moon Knight would probably be up there if they weren't changing teams. Maybe after all the new people get settled in...
    I agree with your comments about Secret Avengers, but I hope the book survives to finish the story naturally. It took a few issues to find it's footing, and I think
    a lot of readers dropped it and never looked back. They wouldn't know how good the last few issues have been, and they have been excellent.

Factoring in quality + the published issue count by the same writer I'd say

New Avengers
    Thor God of Thunder (on a bit of a hiatus, but still)
    Daredevil
    Uncanny Avengers
    X-Force

And if I may, taking it to top 9:

Avengers
    Captain America
    Magneto
    Moon Knight for those awesome 6 issues
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 08-19-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Expanded to top 9

Black Widow

Hawkeye

Elektra

Cyclops- worried about Rucka leaving

Moon Knight (Dropped when Ellis left)

New Avengers- thought provoking and different in scope and tone than any other Marvel comic

Hawkeye- a fun comic that really revels in the unique visual storytelling afforded by comics

Moon Knight- a solid re-purposing of a character done in digestible one and done issues

Avengers- high concept sci-if adventure

Uncanny Avengers- the continuation of Remender's Apocalypse story and a nice blend of the A and X franchises

Hmm...really tough to narrow down but here are mine in no particular order:

New Avengers
    Moon Knight (Ellis issue, not sure on Wood yet)
    X-Force
    Ms. Marvel
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man

Honorable mentions: Mighty Avengers, Magneto, Loki, Cyclops, Black Widow, and Elektra.
    Last edited by Mahes; 08-19-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added honorable mentions

BANNED

1. Ms. Marvel
    2. Magneto
    3. Ultimate Spider-Man
    4. Amazing X-Men
    5. Uncanny X-Men

1. Daredevil
    2. Elektra
    3. Ms. Marvel
    4. United States of Murder Inc.
    5. Silver Surfer

(if we eliminate Icon books and go straight Marvel U, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon slides onto the list).

Hawkeye would be there except for production schedule. If it appeared regularly and Aja did every issue, it would be on the list. The Ellis/Shalvey Moon Knight would be too, but it's done.

-M

Moon Knight would have been my #1, but with an entirely new team that I am somewhat skeptical about, it will have to re-earn my reverence.

1. New Avengers
    2. The Superior Foes of Spider-Man
    3. The Amazing Spider-Man
    4. Daredevil
    5. Thor: God of Thunder

Honorable mention: She-Hulk (it had a horrible fill-in artist for a couple issues, but it's getting back on track)
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

In no particular order...

Ms. Marvel
    She-Hulk
    Hawkeye
    Ghost Rider
    Silver Surfer
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.