Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default *SPOILERS* How tough is DCEU Wonder Woman now? (1984 discussion)

SPOILERS!!! Dont click this nonsense unless you are ok with having the recent 1984 movie spoiled for you.

You have been thoroughly warned, so I dont feel the need to continue with spoiler tags in the discussion.

In regards to 1984, what do you feel Diana's best new feats are and does it change her position or abilities much in your mind?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Also, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Love you all! ^_^
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Happy holidays to everyone.

I just watched the movie yesterday. In terms of new feats she now has flight even without the armour. Strength, speed and toughness was about the same. The one weird ability (that was never explained) was the power to turn things invisible. I think it's one of those new powers that will never be mentioned again.

Extraordinary Member

Her best new feat is probably lassoing the lightning

She started out on such a high power level there wasn't much need to improve really.

While weakened, she keeps pace with vehicles on a freeway while pushing a large truck in front of her as a shield.

While weakened, she manages to lasso an individual bullet out of the air.

At full strength, she learns how to fly under her own power and is fast enough to lasso individual bolts of lightning.

She ignored the same electrical surge that 10 counted Cheetah. Like was just completely ignoring it.

Probably these are best new feats imo.
    - big_adventure

Also, is it confirmed that she has a healing factor? When she renounces her wish she heals up almost instantaneously. The wounds vanish in seconds.
    - big_adventure

That was likely more intended as a demonstration of the return of her full power than anything healing factor-y unless she's done anything before that would suggest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That was likely more intended as a demonstration of the return of her full power than anything healing factor-y unless she's done anything before that would suggest one.
    In the first movie she was struck by a bullet during the beach scene. It bled but was completely healed hours later with the healers proclaiming how unusual that was.

She was still unlocking her powers at that period in time. Like she was genuinely surprised she could push her fingers into stone that same night.
    - big_adventure

Diana healing her wounds both demonstrated the return of her powers while also confirming she has a healing factor

Given that she is the daughter of Zeus -- and DCEU Zeus was a powerhouse in his prime (along with her uncle Ares) -- I'd surmise that Diana has more room for growth. She also likely inherited her father/uncle's more esoteric powers. For example, Ares was able to manipulate matter, and Diana, after watching Steve die in the first movie, made Ares' earthly forged projectiles dissolve. Of course, this was due to Diana losing control and then later embracing the Power of Love, so it's unknown if she could do this at will. It seems like she still has a long way to go given how much concentration it took just to make a jet turn invisible (something Zeus could've done casually). But who knows, maybe we'll see more in the Snyder JL Cut and a potential WW3.

Being able to switch between flying and lassoing a lightning bolt is pretty damn awesome. I'd say she's easily one of the most powerful DCEU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Diana healing her wounds both demonstrated the return of her powers while also confirming she has a healing factor

Given that she is the daughter of Zeus -- and DCEU Zeus was a powerhouse in his prime (along with her uncle Ares) -- I'd surmise that Diana has more room for growth. She also likely inherited her father/uncle's more esoteric powers. For example, Ares was able to manipulate matter, and Diana, after watching Steve die in the first movie, made Ares' earthly forged projectiles dissolve. Of course, this was due to Diana losing control and then later embracing the Power of Love, so it's unknown if she could do this at will. It seems like she still has a long way to go given how much concentration it took just to make a jet turn invisible (something Zeus could've done casually). But who knows, maybe we'll see more in the Snyder JL Cut and a potential WW3.

Being able to switch between flying and lassoing a lightning bolt is pretty damn awesome. I'd say she's easily one of the most powerful DCEU characters.
    Ares would actually be her brother as he is also the son of Zeus. Hades and Poseidon would be her uncles.

Well she can make people see the truth with the lasso. As others have said she has flight now, although it doesn't seem clear how fast. I think she seems faster overall though, blocking that autocannon, and grabing a bullet in mid flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Well she can make people see the truth with the lasso. As others have said she has flight now, although it doesn't seem clear how fast. I think she seems faster overall though, blocking that autocannon, and grabing a bullet in mid flight.
    The lightning feat is her best speed feat imo
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't think that she gained anywhere except in flight and lasso handling. Speed isn't that different. The weakness thing... man that's hard to quantify exactly what that did to her, but, taking one of the mentioned feats, she wasn't any faster running than MCU Cap or Panther, both of whom have better highway running feats than Diana here. That was a desert road with a convoy of military vehicles. They weren't going over 50 mph. Obviously she's stronger than they are - she pushed that truck sideways at least at 30-40 mph - even though that was stupid as all hell...

... yeah, the fight choreography was atrocious. The slow-mo lasso things were awesome, but many were stupid and done just to show off the graphic effect. The weakness thing was all over the place. While carrying the two little kids (who would have each broken multiple bones the way she snatched them up at full swing), she somehow couldn't hold onto the lasso? But when she fell, again likely moving over 50 mph, she and the kids roll together and she and the kids (who should again have dozens of broken bones and massive road rash to boot) are totally unharmed. She was struggling to push the cars apart on the highway, but that's ridiculous - a strong regular person could do that - cars, especially high trucks like that, don't have a particularly strong approach force at those speeds - they were using their velocity to mostly go the same direction.

She has some low-end bullet timer stuff, but also PIS's so very often, and never has high-end bullet-timer stuff that she could be argued for from the previous films.

Basically, this film shows her using the rope a lot better and learning to fly, until she of course forgets that she can do that for the entire fight with Cheetah. Oh, and of course she can turn stuff invisible, like her DUN DUN DUNNNNNN jet. Fan service much? Damnit Johns. Who lets you write this nonsense? Linda Carter as the ancient heroine in the mid-credit scene? Really? Whyyy? Oh well, folks, expect a WW reboot any day now - this film is not making back it's production cost.

OK, I'll stop now.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think that she gained anywhere except in flight and lasso handling. Speed isn't that different. The weakness thing... man that's hard to quantify exactly what that did to her, but, taking one of the mentioned feats, she wasn't any faster running than MCU Cap or Panther, both of whom have better highway running feats than Diana here. That was a desert road with a convoy of military vehicles. They weren't going over 50 mph. Obviously she's stronger than they are - she pushed that truck sideways at least at 30-40 mph - even though that was stupid as all hell...

... yeah, the fight choreography was atrocious. The slow-mo lasso things were awesome, but many were stupid and done just to show off the graphic effect. The weakness thing was all over the place. While carrying the two little kids (who would have each broken multiple bones the way she snatched them up at full swing), she somehow couldn't hold onto the lasso? But when she fell, again likely moving over 50 mph, she and the kids roll together and she and the kids (who should again have dozens of broken bones and massive road rash to boot) are totally unharmed. She was struggling to push the cars apart on the highway, but that's ridiculous - a strong regular person could do that - cars, especially high trucks like that, don't have a particularly strong approach force at those speeds - they were using their velocity to mostly go the same direction.

She has some low-end bullet timer stuff, but also PIS's so very often, and never has high-end bullet-timer stuff that she could be argued for from the previous films.

Basically, this film shows her using the rope a lot better and learning to fly, until she of course forgets that she can do that for the entire fight with Cheetah. Oh, and of course she can turn stuff invisible, like her DUN DUN DUNNNNNN jet. Fan service much? Damnit Johns. Who lets you write this nonsense? Linda Carter as the ancient heroine in the mid-credit scene? Really? Whyyy? Oh well, folks, expect a WW reboot any day now - this film is not making back it's production cost.

OK, I'll stop now.
    Actually, WB has already claimed it a success and confirmed WW3.