Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Some clarity as to how the board operates.

If a character displays an ability WILDLY out of their norm, we tend to discount that as an outlier, normally quoting the 'Spider-man versus Firelord' exception as the reason why (it's in the rules thread, which is stickied). Characters in fiction tend to have certain feats that just break the curve of what they have shown before, as well as breaking the curve for their presentation.

All characters deal with this. It's one of a few board rules on how we at least TRY to judge feats.

The issue with the lightning feat, I suspect, is that it is waaaaay faster than anything Diana has shown in the movies (not the in-comics version, who would consider reacting to lighting 'Tuesday', possibly a slow Tuesday), to the point where there's some argument that it's an outlier. I can't comment on it, myself; I've not seen the movie, so I don't know.

Regarding the speed comparison between Diana and the MCU dudes, reading back I see the discussion was with regards to actual running speed, as presented in the movies. Again, I can't speak to how that plays out, myself. :) But I don't think anyone is saying that Movie-Diana's basic bullet-time combat speed is the same as the MCU guys (it is not, she's faster).

I hope not, because that would be rather wrong.

Frankly, if she's gone from 'reacting to bullets' to 'reacting to bullet, judging it's not going to hit her, then changing her mind when she realizes it's going to hit someone else and doing something about it', that's some pretty impressive speed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Not counting WW1984, I think that DCEU Diana's best speed feat is her being able to feel and close her hand around the hilt of her sword when Flash nudged it back to her while he was running around at "The World Stands Still" speed. Dunno how that compared to lightning speed, though, but it seems notably slower than the freshly resurrected (and possibly powered up) DCEU Superman being able to slowly track and take swings at (IIRC) Barry while Barry was moving at those speeds.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 01-20-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

One thing that I don't think should be undersold here is the the vehicle pushing feat. It isn't just that she pushed an armored vehicle at 60 mph or whatever. She pushed it perpendicular to the road. She's not pushing it so it rolls along on its wheels, she's pushing it from the side. The coefficient of friction difference there feels enormously significant.

Now, you can make a case she was already in that strength tier based on her fight with Doomsday, but I think this is the strongest solo feat we have seen from her. (Could be wrong, but even her tank lifting feels less impressive for example.) And of course it is done with her powers on the fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Yet that is WW did. She reacted to lightning. That is how she tagged lightning in the first place. Actual feats prsented in the film>>>>>>the opinion and theory of internet forum people.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but on this board, yes, that is exactly how it works. If a feat is wildly above her presentation then we discount that feat. No matter if it happened or not. You might not agree but that's how we do things here. You should read the stickied thread on the main page that outlines the rules we work by here.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but on this board, yes, that is exactly how it works. If a feat is wildly above her presentation then we discount that feat. No matter if it happened or not. You might not agree but that's how we do things here. You should read the stickied thread on the main page that outlines the rules we work by here.
    Presentation? Sorry to burtst your bubble. But WW84 is her most current power presentation. So you won't be able to discount that feat at the moment. No matter how hard you try. Good luck next time.

Closed for review.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.