Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The world where nothing past 1985 counts.

Seriously, Domaine wasn't even created by Marston.
    Of the pre-Crisis stuff created after Marston/the Golden age writers, I think the only characters worth keeping are the Silver Swan and Dr. Cyber since they are the villains who by far gained the most traction (and isn't that a little sad).* Deborah is...fine I guess, though of the three female Cheetahs she is by far my least favorite. if we're going old school, I would rather just go with Priscilla who has a decent upgrade with Alex Ross.

*Circe and Angle man were created by Kanigher, but they came in at the tail end of the Golden Age before the Silver Age revamp. So I always lump them in with Diana's Golden Age rogues.

Fantastic Member

I agree...nothing wrong with following a successful formula. The thing is people don't look long-term. If you want WW to attract lots of fans just beyond her own bubble, there needs to be a warrior Wonder Woman that really knows how to kick #@@$@ not the overly dramatic preachy version of her. And if they want to stress that part of her, it's fine but do it more subtle manner than overacting and cliche lines as in WW84.

I want WW3 to showcase Diana's full martial ability; an action driven film with a good story line. WW 1984 should have been better than its predecessor but it failed. Fans are divided, critics hate it and it's box office success is merely due to a lack of better option but internationally it's struggling even with the pandemic, compared to the first film.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I agree...nothing wrong with following a successful formula. The thing is people don't look long-term. If you want WW to attract lots of fans just beyond her own bubble, there needs to be a warrior Wonder Woman that really knows how to kick #@@$@ not the overly dramatic preachy version of her.
    That makes zero sense. Diana being compassionate, loving, and kind is not "being preachy" or "dramatic."
    We can have a perfectly awesome WW that pleases the entire fandom: a kickass Diana that is 100 % badass warrior who also happens to be a compassionate, kind, and loving woman. We have had that in comic book form quite often. I don't see why it's so hard for some people to accept that a character like Diana has multiple complexities. Being loving and kind is perfectly congruent with being able to kick your ass if she has to.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    That makes zero sense. Diana being compassionate, loving, and kind is not "being preachy" or "dramatic."
    We can have a perfectly awesome WW that pleases the entire fandom: a kickass Diana that is 100 % badass warrior who also happens to be a compassionate, kind, and loving woman. We have had that in comic book form quite often. I don't see why it's so hard for some people to accept that a character like Diana has multiple complexities. Being loving and kind is perfectly congruent with being able to kick your ass if she has to.
    and hence why you have a movie that has divided moviegoers, fans, and got terrible ratings from many people. It's not what she does, WW 84 was OUT of balance, poorly acted and poorly written, and mediocre action scenes at best. I did not want to believe the early reviews hat this movie was all over the place, but it was worse than I thought. First was was very good, not exceptional. Second is a disaster, and the pandemic or no pandemic, the sales figures show it compared to the first one.
    Last edited by Titan Theo; 01-12-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

I agree, there's enough stuff in Greek mythology, PI, the Amazons, that are unused to make an interesting story and create a universe on its own like as to what happened in Aquaman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Agree with most of the suggests put forth. An Amazon reunion is necessary, Kapatelis would be wonderful, as would Ferdinand. No Steve.

I wouldn't want the movie to be overstuffed, but I do think it would benefit to have at least Athena make an appearance. Maybe she hid awaywhen Ares killed the other gods, but tells Diana they can be brought back. Maybe she tells her that only be resurrecting Zeus can Themyscira open itself up to man's world, so that both planes may learn from each other. But to do so, she has to defeat a series of mythical challenges. (Or maybe Circe just summons them).

At the end, Diana can visit Mount Olympus, converse with the gods, be offered a place among them...and then reject it, and the film ends with her inviting little girls (or children in general) to visit Themyscira and learn about their philosphy.

That might be too steeped in classical mythology for people's tastes, but I want it. Diana doesn't have smallville, or Krypton, or a fortress; she doesn't have a batcave, a Wayne Mannor, or Gotham city. What she has is the Embassy, Themyscira, and the realm of gods and myths. They should lean into that more.
    .....I like this concept too...Greek mythology is so rich people think it's just all about the main gods; there are Titans, the primordials, and then the demigods, creatures, nymphs, etc. Remember the two nymphs from A League of One....they rock.

I'm not to keen Diana being Zeus' daughter though...so overused ...I would have preferred that she be the daughter of the Triple A Goddess through virgin birth and they combined...Artemis, Aphoridite & Athena.

Actually I'm not sure what the next WW movie should be: It could be another time piece featuring her and another villain representing some moral lesson or it could be a post Justice League movie where it could help set up Justice League 2 where the villain and their ideas are either invited by Lexcorp/Legion of Doom or Darkseid

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    and hence why you have a movie that has divided moviegoers, fans, and got terrible ratings from many people. It's not what she does, WW 84 was OUT of balance, poorly acted and poorly written, and mediocre action scenes at best. I did not want to believe the early reviews hat this movie was all over the place, but it was worse than I thought. First was was very good, not exceptional. Second is a disaster, and the pandemic or no pandemic, the sales figures show it compared to the first one.
    The movie divided people because it has parts of the plot that were poorly executed. It has nothing to do with WW having to either kind-loving diplomat, or a kicki ass powerhouse Godly warrior. She can be both. They are not mutually exclusive. There are times to try to solve things peacefuly, and there are times where words won't cut it and you will have to fight.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I definitely want present day, and Diana being able to go back to Themyscira.

I will always have a soft spot for Debbie Domaine, her Cheetah was my real introduction to WW and her world via that awesome 80s book/tape from fisher-price. That will always be my ideal incarnation of Diana.

I want some variation of The Challenge of Artemis with Diana having to avenger her successor in the climax. You can throw in Silver Swan and Circe.

-Present day

-Have Diana return to Themyscira. I wanna see her reunite with her mother and the amazons.

-No Steve, except maybe as flashbacks or hallucinations, still rather he just not be in it at all.

-It would be cool the have Julia for a bit. Maybe she could help Diana find Themyscira.

-Have Circe be the main villain.

-Bring Cheetah back. That way you don't have to have two origin stories for the villains again, just the one origin for Circe. Cheetah in a frenemy roll would be cool too.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-21-2021 at 08:35 AM.

All-New Member

Eh, a new writer, please.

Extraordinary Member

New writer. Circe as the only baddie. Not Dr. Cyber, as I get a totally different mental picture when I hear that and laugh myself silly. A little less camp. No Steve. I would have gone with a different director, maybe tried to steal Waititi, (sp?) if possible, but whatever.

Charlize Theron as Circe...or Artemis...?

We could get Diana back to the the island with some interpretation of The Contest.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.