Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I see a bunch of requests for Circe but do we really want to dilute Diana's brand on the big screen with a public domain villain that could be used in any other film? It's likely Wonder Woman 3 will be the last time we see Diana in a solo film for a while at least. I think we should give her original villains the chance at exposure. If the film has to have a sorcerer, they could always go with Jinx, the White Magician, Dark Angel, or the Queen of Fables.
    Circe's too big a villain in my opinion in WW's history to be left out in favor of someone like White Magician or Dark Angel who are largely niche, even by WW rogues standards.

And outside of stuff related to the Odyssey, Circe's not exactly an uber-common Greek mythology trope in modern media as say Zeus or Hercules so I don't think it'd really hurt WW's brand to include her in a big blockbuster.

I see a bunch of requests for Circe but do we really want to dilute Diana's brand on the big screen with a public domain villain that could be used in any other film? It's likely Wonder Woman 3 will be the last time we see Diana in a solo film for a while at least. I think we should give her original villains the chance at exposure. If the film has to have a sorcerer, they could always go with Jinx, the White Magician, Dark Angel, or the Queen of Fables.
    Exactly! Thank you dude.

I'd be appalled if they went with z-listers like White Magician or Dark Angel over Circe, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Many of us have now seen Wonder Woman 1984. Regardless of your feelings on that film, what do you want to see going forward into Wonder Woman 3? Do you want Patty Jenkins to return as director, or see a new director's take on the amazon? Where do you want the plot to go? Another side-adventure or a present-day story? What villain(s) do you want to see Wonder Woman face? New supporting characters? Post it all here!

For me:

PLOT
    I'd like to see a story where Diana reunites with her sisters on Themyscira in present day. We've had a film that centered on her real-world superheroics, I think it's time to bring it back to high fantasy and mythology.

"The Witch on the Island" is a great story they could adapt by tweaking the plot a bit and incorporating Themyscira. Same goes for "Witching War".

I don't think they should bring back the Olympian Gods. The WW films can't keep killing characters off and then bringing them back. They were declared dead in the first WW, let them stay that way. Lesser gods like Deimos, Phobos, Eris, or Dolos are fair game for partnering up with Circe, though.

Using Circe would also be a fun way to have illusions/phantoms of other characters long gone, like Etta, the Oddfellows, or Dr. Poison. That could be the way they squeeze Chris Pine into the film, too.

SUPPORTING CAST
    NO STEVE TREVOR. Even if you haven't seen the second film, you know he's brought back. We do NOT need to see him brought back again. Let Diana exist without Steve. Let his goodbyes to Diana actually mean something. But, the film will need some male characters in the mix so I think adding Ferdinand to the film would be the way to go. He's visually appealing, different, and brings some fantasy to the team.

I'd also like it if Julia and Vanessa Kapatelis were prominent parts of her life in the present day. Steve and Etta are off the table for human allies, so she's going to need some, and George Perez spent so many issues really fleshing these two women out.

A reasonable criticism of WW1984 is its depiction of people of color. There should be positive role models of color going forward. Obviously there's Philippus (who needs a much larger role), but I also think Nubia and Euboea getting some spotlight would be fantastic. As for men, General Darnell or Mike Schorr or any of the countless men in Diana's life could easily be racebent, or use Trevor Barnes. Oof, this supporting cast is already getting too big.

VILLAINS
    The only villain that makes sense for a third entry is Circe. She's the last of the Big 3 baddies to not feature in the film, and it'd be nice to have an uncontested female "big bad" as the one to truly put Diana through the ringer. Add in her Bestiamorphs, especially her love-butler Mikos.

I'd also love to see Cheetah return, but maybe not as an antagonist? It'd be interesting to see Diana going to Barbara for help like we see in "The Lies". Diana forming her own little mythical Justice League with Cheetah, Nubia, and Ferdinand would be quite great.

If there has to be a second villain, make it someone who isn't going to steal the show away from Circe in the way that Max and Cheetah had to duel for the spotlight. Giganta is a good pick since she's visually interesting. But really, Circe's Bestiamorphs should be enough if they're given really cool designs (Perez's run had some really fun designs like serpents and wolves to go along with Mikos's crow).

BEHIND THE CAMERA

I hate to say this but... ditch Patty Jenkins. I adore the first WW and I really liked WW84 but it's time for some new blood for the film. Also, no Geoff Johns on writing. I really think they should bring Allan Heinberg back on for screenwriting. He really got the first Wonder Woman and he also writes a great Circe to boot!
    I thought in the DCEU all of the Old Gods are dead now based on the first Wondy film. Is that changed?

Fantastic Member

I agree with this. I think that one (or two) of the villains that William Moulton Marston had created should get the spotlight in a Wonder Woman 3 film. I'm just so incredibly grateful that Cheetah was finally adapted for the big screen. Heck, I'm so incredibly grateful for the existence of these 2 Wonder Woman live action films period. As a lifelong fan of Wonder Woman I never thought that I would ever live to see the day when a Wonder Woman live action film would ever come into existence let alone two. Given that I feel like one (or two) of William Moulton Marston's villains should rightfully take the spotlight for the 3rd film. Wonder Woman exists because of William Moulton Marston; the 3rd film should honor him spoilers:
    somewhat similarly the same way that they had honored Lynda Carter in the sequel film. I felt like that was very well done IMHO.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by 7-Love; 12-27-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

My top 3 at this moment that I’d like to see in the third installment would be:

1. A deeper dive into her lore
    2. Re-establish her connection to Themyscira and allow her to travel to and from there
    3. More action and feats

What Nysanne said.

Where are these other films in which Circe is appearing in? You're making it sound like we get five million movies a year with Circe as a villain. I also find it funny you mention Queen of Fables (who is a public domain character just under a different name) and Jinx, who isn't even a Wonder Woman villain. To say nothing of White Magician and Dark Angel who might as well be called "Scraping the bottom of the barrel".

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What Nysanne said.

Where are these other films in which Circe is appearing in? You're making it sound like we get five million movies a year with Circe as a villain. I also find it funny you mention Queen of Fables (who is a public domain character just under a different name) and Jinx, who isn't even a Wonder Woman villain. To say nothing of White Magician and Dark Angel who might as well be called "Scraping the bottom of the barrel".

I just said Circe could appear in just about any other film. She's public domain like Zeus, Hercules, Ares, etc. What do you think the Queen of Fables' public domain name is? This is the first I'm hearing that she's from PD.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I just said Circe could appear in just about any other film.
    "Could" does not mean "will".

She's public domain like Zeus, Hercules, Ares, etc.
    And how many movies were they appearing in when the first Wonder Woman movie was released?

What do you think the Queen of Fables' public domain name is? This is the first I'm hearing that she's from PD.
    She's based on the Evil Queen From Snow White.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Fables

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I thought in the DCEU all of the Old Gods are dead now based on the first Wondy film. Is that changed?
    Huh? I even said that in the first post:

I don't think they should bring back the Olympian Gods. The WW films can't keep killing characters off and then bringing them back. They were declared dead in the first WW, let them stay that way. Lesser gods like Deimos, Phobos, Eris, or Dolos are fair game for partnering up with Circe, though.
    I just said Circe could appear in just about any other film. She's public domain like Zeus, Hercules, Ares, etc. What do you think the Queen of Fables' public domain name is? This is the first I'm hearing that she's from PD.
    Dr. P, I love ya, and on many cases I agree with you, but Circe not being a top WW villain worthy of being featured in a film just because the character originated in Greek Myths is really baffling. After Cheetah, Circe has probably appeared the most in major storylines and is possibly the second most popular rogue. There is next to no chance that they would use characters like White Magician, Queen of Fables, or Dark Angel over her.

Siege has a point though that it makes me nervous how the CGI would look with Circe's magic and the bestiamorphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "Could" does not mean "will".

And how many movies were they appearing in when the first Wonder Woman movie was released?

She's based on the Evil Queen From Snow White.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Fables

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I see that the Wiki article mentions that she's based on the Evil Queen from Snow White. Did Simone, Waid, or Hitch(her creators) confirm that?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Huh? I even said that in the first post:

Dr. P, I love ya, and on many cases I agree with you, but Circe not being a top WW villain worthy of being featured in a film just because the character originated in Greek Myths is really baffling. After Cheetah, Circe has probably appeared the most in major storylines and is possibly the second most popular rogue. There is next to no chance that they would use characters like White Magician, Queen of Fables, or Dark Angel over her.

Siege has a point though that it makes me nervous how the CGI would look with Circe's magic and the bestiamorphs.

Don't get me wrong, I like how most writers have developed Circe since Crisis(especially Perez, Jimenez, Heinberg, and Tynion/Ram in JLDark). I just feel like she's an "opening" for creators to use even more antagonists from public domain whether it's Ares, Hades, Hera, Eris/Strife, Hecate, etc. There are many WW rogues who have not gotten anywhere near the spotlight and development as Circe and I think they are long overdue their turn. Again, I wouldn't mind if Circe had a minor role in the next film so that Barbara could get her Cheetah form back or something like that. I just don't want to see her bossing around a few other WW villains which could make them look like cannon fodder.

I could get behind Circe as the Big Bad. If other villains appear, let them be cameos. Don’t bog down the film with multiple villain origins. Cheetah could play an integral role because her back story has been established.

Let Diana meet a man. Not fall in love, but tease the possibility. I could see a Trevante Rhodes or Derek Luke as Trevor Barnes.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

If they do Circe for the next one, I’d like to see Giganta too. Both films have had two villains in them, and I think having Giganta would be an interesting visual too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    If they do Circe for the next one, I’d like to see Giganta too. Both films have had two villains in them, and I think having Giganta would be an interesting visual too.
    I just can't imagine Jenkins going with Giganta. I think Silver Swan would be a better villain and more naturally goes with Circe as a main villain.