Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was actually thinking of Dr. Psycho but Circe's way better.

Wonder Woman 1984 was much better than I expected and I found it to be a really strong group of story ideas. I thought that the characters weren't very well written in the first act but from then on it was good. We didn't have a moment like Steve and Diana on the boat, which was one of the best character building scenes I've seen in comic book films. I remember watching the first film in the cinema and being surprised by how long the scene was, how she just allowed it to flow and filled it with natural character interactions, where they were just talking and moving alongside each other, and not to rush to any story beat, nor for exposition, just for the characters to grow with each other.

I didn't love how Max's plan ended, in particular the fact that everyone in the world followed her advice. I would've chosen a less extravagant resolution that maintained the message. But then again, the first film also turned a symbolic gesture into a literal one so i guess it's consistent at least. And in a way I think I prefer it this way. Patty clearly has a strong vision of how to tell a charming story about this character of Diana, and create a conflict around where her own morals and emotional strength are what's at play. I hope Patty Jenkins returns. This film decided to tell an original story that if written in a slitghly different way would've made for a great comic book. How rare is it that a creator brings completely new stories to the universe of a character. I agree that the amazons should probably be the emotional core of the next story, but I trust whatever Patty wants to do.

Oh and I know they have never been Wonder Woman villains, but I think Psycho Pirate or Siver Banshee could really work. I also love Giganta but I doubt Patty would be interested in her.
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-27-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I was actually thinking of Dr. Psycho but Circe's way better.
    I generally find Circe too generic as a villain, (generally, I'd rather see Diana fight 'champions' of the Gods than the Public Domain Greek pantheon themselves) but add a Donna Milton-like twist and I'm on board. I'd like to see Dr Psycho (a real we villain) but that would be thematically too similar to Max Lord in WW84.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Better writing, better choreography for fighting scenes along with better CGI.
    Pretty much the same for me.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Thomas.

Andrew.

Tresser.

Lol. How did I not see this coming? =p

How would you introduce him to the WW movie-verse?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Circe and Giganta to be the big bad/mid boss (if we must have one). Modern day. Bright color palette. No sword/shield.

She's finally stopped crying over Steve. Her memories of him are the good times and she cherishes them always. She's either got a new love interest or just moved on, preferably the latter just because her romantic side has been in such focus for two movies and I kind of want to give it a rest. The most I'll accept for Steve is (and I kind of don't want this despite loving them together) similar to Avengers: Endgame where shenanigans means they can be together, but as the last shot in the movie and as Diana's happy ending. That's the absolute most I want to see a living Steve Trevor. Love them together but his death and her letting him go was so important I'd rather not see it undone. I'm sure I'll eat my words if they're on screen again, but it objectively hurts the narrative.

tl;dr No Steve Trevor. They wrote their story to require he die, Diana have unresolved feelings for him and then come back and force her to let him go. That's the story they wanted to tell. The immense chemistry between both of them helps sell it but shouldn't mess up their arc narrative.

Hopes: Donna Troy shows up. No Trinity (I love her interactions with them but I want her movies to be entirely Wonder Woman).

Circe and Cheetah teaming up sounds perfect to me. Circe let’s you go big and that’s what I want for a trilogy finale.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Circe and Cheetah teaming up sounds perfect to me. Circe let’s you go big and that’s what I want for a trilogy finale.
    Dude I'm gonna laugh and applaud when Circe turns men into pigs and the usual menanist/gator/proud boys crowd come out and whine that it's "unsubtle SJW hogwash." Read a goddamn book.

I'm not joking. I want to see those outrage tweets so bad. lol

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I see a bunch of requests for Circe but do we really want to dilute Diana's brand on the big screen with a public domain villain that could be used in any other film? It's likely Wonder Woman 3 will be the last time we see Diana in a solo film for a while at least. I think we should give her original villains the chance at exposure. If the film has to have a sorcerer, they could always go with Jinx, the White Magician, Dark Angel, or the Queen of Fables.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I see a bunch of requests for Circe but do we really want to dilute Diana's brand on the big screen with a public domain villain that could be used in any other film? It's likely Wonder Woman 3 will be the last time we see Diana in a solo film for a while at least. I think we should give her original villains the chance at exposure. If the film has to have a sorcerer, they could always go with Jinx, the White Magician, Dark Angel, or the Queen of Fables.
    Well, we already had Ares.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ordinarily I'd agree we need more focus on her non-myth villains, but I always want to make an exception for Circe. The Greek Myth + superhero stuff is the appeal of Wonder Woman, and so far the films have not done much with the main myth stuff outside of Ares. Circe plus an army of Greek monsters under her command vs. the Amazons is the kick in the pants this franchise needs.

Plus ideally, Cheetah will be involved as well.

Incredible Member

Normally I would agree with you, but Circe is such a huge Wonder Woman villain that it would feel like a monumental mistake to leave her completely out of Diana's first trilogy. Also, Jenkins has done well with original Wonder rogues. In the two films, we got: Dr. Poison, Cheetah, Maxwell Lord, and a spiritual Duke of Deception. Circe and Silver Swan for the final film seem like a great pair to close the trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ordinarily I'd agree we need more focus on her non-myth villains, but I always want to make an exception for Circe. The Greek Myth + superhero stuff is the appeal of Wonder Woman, and so far the films have not done much with the main myth stuff outside of Ares. Circe plus an army of Greek monsters under her command vs. the Amazons is the kick in the pants this franchise needs.

Plus ideally, Cheetah will be involved as well.

That could make for a great 3rd film but the Queen of Fables could also attach Themyscira with an army of fairytale monsters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Normally I would agree with you, but Circe is such a huge Wonder Woman villain that it would feel like a monumental mistake to leave her completely out of Diana's first trilogy. Also, Jenkins has done well with original Wonder rogues. In the two films, we got: Dr. Poison, Cheetah, Maxwell Lord, and a spiritual Duke of Deception. Circe and Silver Swan for the final film seem like a great pair to close the trilogy.

I did like the inclusion of the Duke of Deception in WW84. Perhaps Circe could play a minor role in the 3rd film as a means for Barbara to get her Cheetah form back? What would be great for the final film is an incarnation of Villainy Inc. with Cheetah, Dr. Poison II, Giganta, & the Silver Swan.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I don't agree. lord is not an original WW villain. Dr Poison and Cheetah had very limited roles. And specially Cheetah, the way they threw under the bus in WW84 is criminal.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-27-2020 at 06:26 PM.