Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Is there an American equivelent to Heavy Metal, 2000ad or Shonen Jump?

Are there any comics anthologies in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Are there any comics anthologies in the states?
    Epic Illustrated
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Heavy Metal is printed in America. At first, it was licensed from Metal Hurlant (France) but later went on to have its own life. Still does.
    In 2002, under the name of Metal Hurlant there were 10+ odd issues printed in America.

Other notable, but short-lived similar experiments were the 8 issues strong Frank Frazetta Fantasy Illustrated in 1998 and a one-and-done Forbidden Zone in 1999.
    All these were in Magazine formats (except for the Metal Hurlant which was a comic book size).

Other anthologies in a comic book format were: Twisted Tales, Vanguard Illustrated, Bold Adventure, Echo Of Futurepast (the ones that immediately come to my mind). There were more if you start digging.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

May I direct you towards The Creeps magazine. http://www.thecreepsmagazine.com/purchase.html

A glorious B&W horror anthology featuring promising up & comers in the glorious CREEPY/EERIE & Vampirella tradition. Yes, The Creeps is published VERY similarly in the classic stylings of the venerable Warren Publishing.

Yes, some of those covers are by some guy called Frank Frazetta. Maybe you might have heard of him, here or there? Come & See!

http://www.thecreepsmagazine.com/