View Poll Results: Who should be the new members of the Quiet Council ?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beast

6 4.62%
  • Dani Moonstar

63 48.46%
  • Black Tom Cassidy

3 2.31%
  • Sunspot

45 34.62%
  • Arakkoan representative

48 36.92%
  • Different option

56 43.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JL81790 View Post
    Just for clarification, was it stated in X of Swords that no members of the QC can be X-men? Or was it just that because Jean took part in the strike force that she was removed? Would hate for Ororo/Kurt/Kitty/Emma or any big timer additions to the council to not be able to be on Scott and Jean's new team.
    Xavier was just leading a team of Xmen in King in Black so personally i think it was more to dissaude Jean from going and risking her own life being an omega resource than some blanket "you can't be an x=man and on the council. but only time will tell.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What about Sunfire?
    Interesting idea, but what would he bring to the council politically?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Callisto to represent the Morlocks.
    Banshee for his leadership skills.
    Definitely Callisto. It would be good for her and Storm to kind of form a voting block

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Warren, being Archangel and a businessman, would be a much better fit for the Autumn council than Kitty, who would be a good choice for Summer herself.
    Agreed. Not sure really why Kitty is there. Warren would have been more interesting as like an Elon musk type guy, a guy who thinks he’s the solution to capitalism and a nicer form of it when really he’s just as bad

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Kitty is there because she's Duggan's pet, really.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Namor or namorita to represent the aquatic mutants.
    Conflict of interest. Namor is the King of Atlantis, so he can't serve on another sovereign nation's government. Namorita is his cousin, so she has the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    If Sebastian's seat is up for grabs (I think Hickman hinted that there were more than two seats vacant) I'd like to see Shinobi get it.
    Sebastian should definitely be gone from the Council, he committed the crime of murdering another council member.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be a member of the Quiet Council you would have to reside on Krakoa which would rule out Namor the Sub Mariner, Selene and Callisto.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    To be a member of the Quiet Council you would have to reside on Krakoa which would rule out Namor the Sub Mariner, Selene and Callisto.
    Pretty sure Selene and Callisto have been shown to reside on Krakoa. Some of the Morlocks live outside but not all of them and they've never said Callisto was one of them. Further she has been shown a number of times in Krakoa and is currently the white bishop of the hellfire trading company. Selen has been in the background and in one of the data pages had a Krakoan job listed although I can't remember at the moment what it was.

Also, it was never said that you needed to reside in Krakoa, which is good considering that Jean lives on the Moon. Thus any Morlocks would still be eligible as they have equal access through the gates. Kate has shown that gate access and regular meeting attendance isn't necessary, nor is living most of the time in Krakoa.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 12-28-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It’s time for Selene to seduce Storm. Goddess to Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Pretty sure Selene and Callisto have been shown to reside on Krakoa. Some of the Morlocks live outside but not all of them and they've never said Callisto was one of them. Further she has been shown a number of times in Krakoa and is currently the white bishop of the hellfire trading company. Selen has been in the background and in one of the data pages had a Krakoan job listed although I can't remember at the moment what it was.

Also, it was never said that you needed to reside in Krakoa, which is good considering that Jean lives on the Moon. Thus any Morlocks would still be eligible as they have equal access through the gates. Kate has shown that gate access and regular meeting attendance isn't necessary, nor is living most of the time in Krakoa.
    Yes but it would make sense if you were on Krakoa as you are making decisions for Krakoa.
    Last time I looked it wasn't the Quiet Council for mutants.
    The Quiet Council represents Krakoa.
    From memory I haven't seen Selene on Krakoa as for Callisto I'll have to have another look through my X books.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conflict of interest. Namor is the King of Atlantis, so he can't serve on another sovereign nation's government. Namorita is his cousin, so she has the same problem.
    Sebastian should definitely be gone from the Council, he committed the crime of murdering another council member.
    Since when is this a problem on a council with mass murders etc like so many keep saying.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Where are people getting these "facts" like i really be thinking some of you guys must work for marvel cause ya'll be 100 with the info you give.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

Someone from Arrakoa should really be there...but while I would love to see Selene do something, I think Callisto deserves a seat more and would make for more dynamic discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Where are people getting these "facts" like i really be thinking some of you guys must work for marvel cause ya'll be 100 with the info you give.
    Not facts but it would make sense, imagine having somebody who lives in Canada, China or England on an American presidential team ?.

BANNED

Yes but it would make sense if you were on Krakoa as you are making decisions for Krakoa.
    Last time I looked it wasn't the Quiet Council for mutants.
    The Quiet Council represents Krakoa.
    From memory I haven't seen Selene on Krakoa as for Callisto I'll have to have another look through my X books.
    selene is stated to moniter the amount of psychic energy krakoa consumes in x-men issue 3, and she was part of the ritual to create the external gate on excalibur

Fantastic Member

what?

Selene has been around a few times already. She helped Apocalypse make the External gate and was shown among the first villains to come aboard.

Callisto has been in Marauders and helping Emma.

I don't really see much conflict between Krakoa and Atlantis. Both live off natural things, both want to save the earth, both want clean oceans and neither are all about tech. The only real difference is how to deal with the humans that pollute the ocean and try to kill mutants.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.