View Poll Results: Who should be the new members of the Quiet Council ?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beast

6 4.62%
  • Dani Moonstar

63 48.46%
  • Black Tom Cassidy

3 2.31%
  • Sunspot

45 34.62%
  • Arakkoan representative

48 36.92%
  • Different option

56 43.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Which Externals are still alive besides Selene? I know Apocalypse sacrificed a bunch to open the gate in Excalibur.
    its just one. i think gideon is his name but i dont know much about the externals.
    edit: just checked theres another alive called absalom. its weird how the permanent murder of 4 immortal mutants never had any repercussions or mentions in any book
    Last edited by carmoc1234; 06-25-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Gabby and Stacey x. It needs people who aren't blind zealots

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what did Apocalypse and Mystique have to offer?
    As in Godfather part 2, you keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I'd be interested in seeing it being difficult to fill council roles. I'd like to see people turn it down for various reasons, like other things to do, like admitting they're not leaders, like feeling the council offers little for them or theirs, like thinking the council is not the way to run a nation. That sort of thing. I'd like to think it would be difficult for those remaining members to come up with people they all agree on to bring on board. Selene has probably been the most mentioned name on this thread, but how many of the current council would want her on board? Would there be argument about it? Who would oppose her appointment? Who would propose and support her? Would she accept (yes)?

The council do present a united front, I'd like to see more argument to be honest. I think it's certainly coming. I don't think we've been given enough real detail of the council and what they've been doing and any conflicts, and possible future conflicts (except Mystique and Shaw).

As for replacements currently, I really liked someone's earlier idea of the Silver Samurai and I'd also like a level head on there like Banshee.

Extraordinary Member

I have a very hard time seeing some of these choices being able to stand up to or hold their own against the other members of the council. Of the New Mutants, only Magik and Sunspot could command the kind of respect needed to deal with the likes of Sinister and Exodus, and Sunspot only because of his time leading AIM and the fact that he's somehow dating Deathbird. The rest would have their lunches eaten and be treated like jokes if they were to join the council. The same goes for people like Colossus. That's the reason Selene and Captain Britain are more viable candidates. They'd actually command some respect, unlike the people Emma called "the least interesting among my former teammates."

I mostly agree but for the NM I do think Moonstar could hold her own. She has a lot of leading experience with the NM and with teaching. She's also not the type of take shit from someone or be intimidated easily.

Honestly she probably has more experience leading than Kitty, outside of being headmaster for a period
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 06-25-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Someone mentioned adult Cable, since he’s coming back.

While I can see him taking Apocalypse’s former seat, is he going to Krakoa or staying in space?

Extraordinary Member

Before Krakoa I'd have said that Dani was fit to be on the council, but since this era started her record's been one of failure. Her team caused a diplomatic incident in Carnelia and had to be bailed out. She and Karma caused another diplomatic incident in Otherworld and are now in debt to Roma and they didn't even bring back the kid they went to find. And then there's her handling of the Cosmar situation. She's not being written as a competent leader like she used to be and I don't see them awarding failure by putting her on the governing body. The Zeb Wells Dani of 10 years ago would be a perfect fit even without her powers. The current Dani not so much.

Extraordinary Member

Selene, while being older than Apocalypse, does not care about mutantkind, nor have a vision for them, like he did.

She wants to be a goddess. And while I can see her agreeing to work with others, like her Hellfire days or currently in Krakoa. I don’t think she has a vision of mutant kind.

As it is, she’s about to become a joint CEO in x-corps with Monet, Warren and Mastermind. And none of them have Quiet council seats.
    I do agree with others, that whoever takes Jean’s place should be a former x-man, but preferably a woman. So no Colossus or Iceman.

Extraordinary Member

I think Sage would be perfect. She has the mental ability and personality to go up against the other council members and she's not going to go off to battle like Jean did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Apocalypse has been a leader of mutants for millennia. Mystique was a leader of the Brotherhood and Freedom Force, and although her methods are extreme she has almost always fought for mutants, and she raided Damage Control to obtain the plans for the Orchis Station and was conducting stealth operations on the station for Magneto and Xavier. It was also meant to appease and distract her from wanting Destiny resurrected.
    I dont think thats a strong reason for why Mystique (one of the most untrustworthy villian) a spot. They literally have nothing to gain from her, at least not like Sinister. I think she was offered a spot more to appease her as they delay resurrecting Destiny than they value what she can offer to mutantkind. Keep your friends close and enemies closer is definitely something that applies to her and would Selene too

Selene's been around for even longer than Apocalypse and can offer the Council a perspective that none of them have. I think she is more in line with Apocalypse than that

Extraordinary Member

Don’t forget it also has to do with who Charles and Magneto want on the council.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Empyrean or gtfo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Empyrean or gtfo
    Haven or gtfo

Fantastic Member

Logan.

Can you imagine how funny that would be?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Don’t forget it also has to do with who Charles and Magneto want on the council.
    This is a sore point. Why should Charles & Magneto decide who sits on the Quiet Council? If I was a Krakoan, I'd be thinking: "Now it's time to let the people decide."