14 15.05%
  • Shorter Dark Brown Hair (blue eyes)

5 5.38%
  • Shorter Dark Brown Hair (violet eyes)

24 25.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retired

In the black & white serials, Noel Neill's hair appears dark brown to me. It may have been reddish brown--but that's impossible to tell. After she took over from Phyllis Coates on the T.V. show and once they went to colour, then her hair was a reddish brown.

I always figured that they gave Lois reddish brown hair in the comics after Crisis as a tribute to Noel Neill. However, in MAN OF STEEL, she still had the blue-back hair colour. The change didn't disturb me, because I reasoned Lois had blue-black hair in her early days at the Planet and then she dyed it. What bugged me was when they reprinted MAN OF STEEL, they changed the colour to reddish brown.

I figure that Lois is entitled to have whatever hair colour she wants. She wouldn't be the first woman to dye her hair--or wear a wig. I had a kindergarten teacher who had a selection of wigs--it was always a guessing game what colour her hair would be on any given week--pink, blonde, jet black, blue, brown, platinum.

Erica Durance went through many different hues when she played Lois on SMALLVILLE. My canon is that Lois doesn't show her natural hair colour--whatever that might be (only her hair dresser knows for sure)--her hair is changeable.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 12-29-2020 at 04:42 AM.

BANNED

Black Hair and Violet Eyes comes from Bruce Timm and Dana Delany.

And it's a unique look that is hers and hers alone and makes her distinguished from other black-haired beauties in DC like Selina, Diana, Zatanna.

The Auburn hair look makes her look a little too "keeping up with the MJs" for my liking.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Yes, but I understand that was often an artifact of the production methods (lighting, etc.) used then, and that after that got publicity, they touched up photos to make her eyes appear more violet (I read this after last time we had this discussion on this board). I did a Google for non-promotional more modern photographs, and they're nothing but blue to me.
    Certainly, but it's enough of a pop culture touchstone that I think it would work.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh. Easy. This one. Current look. Short.

Attachment 103564

I don't know why I don't like Lois with long hair. A lot of her appearances have long hair, some pretty definitive too like the animated series and Margot Kidder but I don't really like those. Well, actually... I like the animated series, but somehow I don't like it in the comic as much.

I never actually notice the violet eyes, but I'm picking that anyway because there's already so many dark hair blue eye characters. I'm not opposed to brown either.
    Clay Mann can really do no wrong

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Clay Mann can really do no wrong
    Man I hate to break with a bud, but he is hit or miss for me. He's not great at facial expressions (not terrible, but his figures can look a bit stiff) and I think he draws very... curvy women, so a dramatic story like Heroes in Crisis was just the wrong fit for the dude. I don't think that story had a page where it was appropriate to think "goddamn Lois is hot" and yet he drew her that way.

let's just make her blonde, spice things up a bit
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    They've done a lot crazier with Lois then blonde hair, and she did wear a blonde wig in Secret Origin if memory serves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It would make JRJR very happy at the least. He always said his big problem with Lois' dark hair was that it made him and Clark look like brother and sister (because black hair, the world's most common hair color, in comic-books means people are related or something).

I love the long jet black hair with purple eyes look. Lois probably looks like a modern day elizabeth taylor walking around make up free.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Man I hate to break with a bud, but he is hit or miss for me. He's not great at facial expressions (not terrible, but his figures can look a bit stiff) and I think he draws very... curvy women, so a dramatic story like Heroes in Crisis was just the wrong fit for the dude. I don't think that story had a page where it was appropriate to think "goddamn Lois is hot" and yet he drew her that way.
    Oh, he can definitely be wrong for a particular story and I totally agree that a story based on Trauma should not have a sexified Barbara or Lois.

But if you take his art and look at it in a vacuum it's pure eye candy.

For me my only issue I have are the eyes; I wish they were a bit softer and not so beady

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's definitely very much a cheesecake artist, which has its place but may not have always been appropriate in HiC (especially for the Lois and Batgirl scenes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It would make JRJR very happy at the least. He always said his big problem with Lois' dark hair was that it made him and Clark look like brother and sister (because black hair, the world's most common hair color, in comic-books means people are related or something).
    Yes, because two people with a similar hair color dating is so out of the ordinary .

Went with the black hair and violet eyes. I'm a sucker for the TAS version. My second favorite would be the version of her in the Tales of Metropolis shorts.
    Tales_of_Metropolis_(Shorts)_Episode_Lois_Lane.JPG.jpg
    Last edited by 13th Superman; 12-29-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh, he can definitely be wrong for a particular story and I totally agree that a story based on Trauma should not have a sexified Barbara or Lois.

But if you take his art and look at it in a vacuum it's pure eye candy.

For me my only issue I have are the eyes; I wish they were a bit softer and not so beady
    I agree. I think he's fine for standard superhero stuff. Justice League he'd be great on. Not something that is a quieter story or requires a lot of acting, so to speak.

I like auburn hair- I think part of that is that the post-Crisis era has one of my favorite Lois Lanes.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Though personally terry hatcher will always be my lois.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/