Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Crossover focusing on Storm

A disappointing new X-Men formation

Mystique making her play for power

Something wrong with the Ressurection Protocols

Belligerant interactions between Krakoa and America

Now we want but predictions? Hmm.

Based on the tag being Reign of X my prediction is mutants start to insert themselves in all corners of the marvel u and that Arrako is going to end up having to make a big decision. Literally right now the only thing that ties Arrako and Krakoa are being mutant, isca being the sister of Apoc wife, and Doug and Bell wedding. Redroot was taken off the table for a reason and so far as things are now Cypher will have to play double duty.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    some predictions and a few rumblings ive heard but i know we had the pandermic mesed up schedules but 2020 was very disappointing for the x-line x-swords was awful but really not the editors or creators fault more from upper mgmt making it 22 parts

hopefully no more skip months of books that drives us comic store people insane espically after losing 2-3 month for covid 19
    hearing the cable book is ending around issue 12 THe real CAble will be back ive seen art and not just a liefield variant cover real art
    hellions also wrapping up but will be morphing into something else
    Am I the only one who thinks Hellions and Marauders should swap names?

Hellions: Hellfire Club connection, Emma's former team.
    Marauders: the worst of the worst working under Sinister, including Scalphunter.

There's literally no match between the content/characters and the titles now, but if you switch them they suddenly make a lot more sense.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 12-30-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Hellions and Marauders should swap names?

Hellions: Hellfire Club connection, Emma's former team.
    Marauders: the worst of the worst working under Sinister, including Scalphunter

There's literally no match between the content/characters and the titles now, but if you switch them they suddenly make a lot more sense.
    ma·raud·er
    /məˈrôdər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: marauder; plural noun: marauders

a person who marauds; a raider.

raid·er
    /ˈrādər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: raider; plural noun: raiders

a person who attacks an enemy in the enemy's territory; a marauder.

makes sense to me as we have seen them raid countries to liberate mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

more fun, more exciting story beats and characters and concepts!
    Its a fun time for us and clearly for them! Im here for the ride <3.

Also in my opinion this hickman run will last longer than 3 years, and the krakoan status quo even longer. this amount of consistent sucess, may it financial, creative OR colaborative doesn't translate to a 3 year run, in my opinion at least, its not just one writer enjoying himself it's an entire team invested and adding to the krakoan tapestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    more fun, more exciting story beats and characters and concepts!
    Its a fun time for us and clearly for them! Im here for the ride <3.

Also in my opinion this hickman run will last longer than 3 years, and the krakoan status quo even longer. this amount of consistent sucess, may it financial, creative OR colaborative doesn't translate to a 3 year run, in my opinion at least, its not just one writer enjoying himself it's an entire team invested and adding to the krakoan tapestry.
    I hope it's here forever. I just don't see what having a safe space for mutants does to hurt the MU when mutants are still born from humans and oppressed on the outside world. It also isn't a forced option. there is literally no reason to get rid of it beyond loving mutants not having a place of their own.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope it's here forever. I just don't see what having a safe space for mutants does to hurt the MU when mutants are still born from humans and oppressed on the outside world. It also isn't a forced option. there is literally no reason to get rid of it beyond loving mutants not having a place of their own.
    people see it as just hickman's work, but it's just not true it's all these writer's work, it's not as easy to just "erase"

Yeah, I’m loving the Krakoan era myself. The only downside for me is that one of my favorite characters isn’t on the board and participating in this rich new tapestry... or, well, he is but it’s a different version and he’s an inexperienced teen versus a kickass operator with connections and safe houses all over the globe who specializes in protecting the future for mutants. But if bishop66’s rumors are to be believed, that might be rectified here soon. Which would be awesome. Hopefully when they bring him back he’s here on Earth instead of doing security detail in S.W.O.R.D. I can think of dozens of mutants who could fill that role. OG Cable should be here planet side kicking ass somewhere. If not in X-Force, maybe with the X-Corps doing corporate intrigue stuff. I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    people see it as just hickman's work, but it's just not true it's all these writer's work, it's not as easy to just "erase"
    And apprarently most writers seem to love it's something different and not being beholden to writing only one kind of story so i seriously doubt it will be gone anytime soon. It just adds to much to the MU. I am sure other writers are foaming at the mouth in other offices to explore some of these character, stories.

Like i can only imagine as i've said in the past how something like this can benefit spiderman (mutant like spiders must be many or flies. lol) Thor with actual threats he doesn't have to leave the planet for. There is just too much gold here.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It really makes the mutants weird outsiders again, like they were back in the 80s (I’m thinking like the original Secret Wars period). The other heroes are more wary of them and their intentions these days.

BANNED

Im fine with whatever type of way the rest of marvel feels, but the days when it was acceptable to allow the supossed cosmic conclusion to a near 7 year arc with 3 iconic crossover events, was shamelessly hijacked to demonize the x-men and elevate the rest of marvel are Loooooong gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It really makes the mutants weird outsiders again, like they were back in the 80s (I’m thinking like the original Secret Wars period). The other heroes are more wary of them and their intentions these days.
    But who cares? They aren't even heroes if you can't save everyday mutants from being killed or sentinels being built by the government that sanctioned you.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Agreed. To be clear, I like the mutants as weird outsiders. The 80s X-men books were awesome. That wasn’t a complaint or fault with the Krakoan era, rather it was a ringing endorsement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But who cares? They aren't even heroes if you can't save everyday mutants from being killed or sentinels being built by the government that sanctioned you.
    Actually helping 200 k civilians having a better life, to live not just survive >>> making the avengers happy every other day

A straight version of Iceman will appear, claiming to be the original.

The internet will... predictably... explode.