Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

From JLA 80 comics:

Last edited by gwhh; 06-24-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Nichola Scott's WW is generally a favourite of mine - proportional (no oversized fantasy-pandering for me thanks!), beautiful and strong looking. The favourite image would probably be this one, of Diana standing over Thremyscira on a sunny day. It just seems... right.

Attachment 4297
    That's ther best-- perfect rendition of the costume, great image of Diana.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Eh. I kinda like the choker myself. It would be nice if the writers would reveal that it has some special function, other than being merely decorative. But I just think it kinda looks good with the outfit. I'm not married to it, of course. Like I said: unless it actually serves a function, then the thought that Diana just neglected to put it on one day doesn't exactly bother me.

I can agree on the regular tiara. Or at least something a little closer to her classic one. The one in the outfit still looks fine. It's a little understated, but I think that was kind of the idea. But yeah, a more classic tiara is never unwelcome.

The bracelets? I would like them to encase her arms a little better. The only downside to the bracelets she has is that they really only protect the front of her arms. A bullet could theoretically sneak past the metal and nail her arms. So yeah, at least something closer to the classic design works fine. I would definitely want them to at least retain some gold accents though. I like how the outfit is entirely red, black, and gold. Having the bracelets be pure silver when all her other accents are gold just always seemed weird to me.

I have this issue with every WW costume design: gold or silver. Pick one and stick with it. I like that her New 52 costume is accented entirely by silver. I like that the Odyssey costume is accented entirely by gold. If the Odyssey costume bracelets are silver, then they should at least have some gold accents to continue the flow of the look. Really? Now that I look again? How about just the classic silver bracelets with the gold bracelets OVER them, like an additional accent, kind of thing? That would be cool.

I disagree on the fantasy-pandering front, but otherwise you couldn't be more right. Nicola Scott is one of the best artist in comics right now and by far one of the best Wonder Woman artists ever.

There are few things that would make me happier than hearing that she was going to be Diana's official artist for a nice, long run.

I like chokers--- but maybe not on Diana... it's such a classically "Black Canary" thing for me that it's an off look for Diana... Plus a lot of folks complain about the "fussiness" of her classic look-- to me, the choker on top of the detailed belt on top of the strappy arms, etc--- it's like one thing too many.

I've never been a fan of the strained "headband" tiara.... the Odyssey and 52 (Lee versions) "tiaras" are horrible. Plus can't be used as any sort of weapon. Lets pile swords and spears and corkscrews popping out of her bracelets, but let's not use the weapons she's had for years... I think the visual weight of her correct tiara also helps balance her look...

I'm mixed on the color of the bracelets.... I've never been a fan of the gold ones-- ever (even for the TV show) The gold tends to be too close in value to her skin color, so visually they disappear (also my problem with the =w= emblem going right to the top of her bodice without the red along the top-- you loose the framing of the emblem and she looks topless...lol) I don't mind the silver. It actually reads (in comics) close to white-- which picks up the white of the stars or stripes on the boots. If neither was acceptable, I'd rather they go back to the dark pre Crisis bracelets. The Nu52 costume is all uniformly colored, but then the lasso sticks out as odd (since she almost never uses it, I guess it doesn't matter...) I prefer the gold-- tiara, emblem, belt, lasso. Oddly, the use of silver as her accent color (52) makes her look more patriotic now than ever (she's all red "white" and blue!) lol

But yes-- those Odussey bracelets were stupid from the start. Useless from all but one angle. Too "fancy" with all the setailing, etc (which would make controlling the ricochet really difficult) and the idea that she punched people and left her mark? *sigh* ONE-- you're crack someone's skull if you did that TWO-- the emblems were on her forarms, not her fists.... did anyone think that through?

...and full agreement on Scott being a premiere WW artist.... would still welcome that any day.
    M

I have to agree her N52 costume looks more like the American flag because it's to dark and the silver combined looks like American flag.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Beautiful drawing

Where is that coloring book image from and why does it look so familiar? Is there a picture of the cover?

This costume "Wonder Pocahontas" is wearing looks amazing.

Really like those images of Wonder Woman.
    A picture of my all time favorite of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.

Lynda-Carter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-blazer View Post
    This costume "Wonder Pocahontas" is wearing looks amazing.

Yeah but Rapunzel steals the show. Her hair is the lightning effect the flash has! Nice!

BANNED

"Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)