Page 32 of 233 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Only thing that matter is if these people would buy comics if such sites didn't exist or if they had some alternate legal means. Many simply wouldn't be reading comics at all if they had to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Only thing that matter is if these people would buy comics if such sites didn't exist or if they had some alternate legal means. Many simply wouldn't be reading comics at all if they had to pay for them.
    I am very critical of these people using those sites, but from the comments there it sounds that a good part aren't american. They still have the digital option but I am not sure that the digital sales matter that much to DC. When I asked around about that seems nobody really knows if good digital sales are enough to keep a book from being cancelled even if the printed version is below 20k.

Yawn.

Nothing really interesting sadly.

Extraordinary Member

Newsarama: How DC Universe will change with Infinite Frontier, according to one of its writers
    Nrama: There are a ton of characters that appear on the main cover. Some characters that stand out, in particular, are President Superman, Alan Scott, Jade, Obsidian, and Blue Beetle.

You mentioned James is writing an Alan Scott-centered chapter of Infinite Frontier #0. Do the others I mentioned have a role in Infinite Frontier, and/or the DCU going forward?

Williamson: Well, President Superman is in the issue. He has an important role in the issue and that'll kind of set up some of the stuff that comes out afterward. There are some major ramifications to the DCU in this zero issue. It's not just a preview of what's to come. There are major moments that impact all the books.

I mean, the stuff that happens in the Bat story alone that impacts all the Bat-books immediately. There's a couple of other pieces that you'll see down the line. Like some of the stuff with Alan Scott, Jane, Obsidian - the moments in there will then pick up a little bit later. The stuff with President Superman, the scene that he's in with the Flash Family, and the scene where he's talking with Barry will impact things down the line.

You'll start to see that in the Flash book later, and then you'll see some stuff later on in the summer that really start to tie some of these things together.

Blue Beetle only has a very small scene in this, but that's partially because of him having a role in something else later on in the year. Like we wanted the cover to represent not just this one issue, but also some of the stuff that's coming in DC for 2021 and because of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold and some of their roles later is why we put them on the cover.
    Williamson: I'm currently working on five projects for DC right now. They're going to be gradually getting announced. I think another one will be announced in like a month or two. Some stuff that ties into Infinite Frontier, some stuff that will tie into some of the plans we have for Damian and the Bat-books.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Talia being in 2 different titles is exciting, glad to see her character finally having a big role again. One is the totality book, I guess the other could just be Bendis Checkmate storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Talia being in 2 different titles is exciting, glad to see her character finally having a big role again. One is the totality book, I guess the other could just be Bendis Checkmate storyline?
    I hope her characterization is consistent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ6DKUQh...=1p3udkl7u7vyq

Looks like Bermejo has another Batman project coming.

that's just fan art of robert pattinson batman

Well color me excited, it sounds like it could be very cool if done right with all the old continuity and new stuff from future State and death metal. I especially like hearing about Wally West and Calvin Ellis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm actually pretty intrigued by this particular book. Martial Arts manga is probably in my top 5/top 3 subgenres, so i'm really curious about the prospect of a martial arts tournament. If these are meant to be the great martial artists in the DCU, I hope Bronze Tiger, Cassandra Cain, and Lady Shiva are involved in some capacity. if done right, this should be pretty epic.

One thing i REALLY don't want to see is Damian crowned as or even alluded to being the best fighter in the DCU universe
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-28-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm so hyped for this title

Mighty Member

I still kinda of disappointment because he did not mention the hint of JSA books or anything about the team other than mention Stargirl and Alan Scott is still not enough to convince that the JSA is still going to return.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just a reminder if you guys complaining actually want more DC books of non bat characters, don't read them illegally: https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...60623823667201
    So what does he think of PUBLIC LIBARIES? The ones that have floppies (yes some do) and trades?

What about Ebay? Where depending on the books-you can bypass the comic book store and get stuff CHEAP.

Or Half Price Books? Where I have seen NEW books that after coming out on Wednesday and some are 1/2 or LOWER the cover price.

Is he going to make sure EVERY comic book store STOCKS a copy of every DC book? Can't buy what is NOT there. And that includes books that Dc will NOT allow comic book stores to reorder.

Is he going to make sure EVERY book has talent and an editor who WANTS to be on those books so we don't get New 52 Static Shock? 1995 Black Lightning?

Is he going to make sure characters in books are NOT one page cameos like Duke Thomas was in Batman?

Is he going to make sure whoever name is on the cover of a book is actual IN the book and being the star instead of stealth solos for someone else like Marvel's Black Panther and his spinoffs have been for 6 years.

Is he going to yell at comixology? Who offers FREE unlimited reads to subscribers?

These have a bigger effect than some pirate site.

Yeah it's EASY to yell at a pirate site. Instead of addressing the COMPANY.

So those sites told Tom King to make that mess known as Heroes in Crisis?
    Those sites told DC to call former Batgirls TOXIC? And erase them from books?
    Those sites are the reason we don't have JSA book?
    Those sites are the reason Far Sector is doing better than Aquaman, Shazam and Supergirl?

Is it them or is it DC?

Another thing interesting about that Williamson interview is that he says they only just started dicussing infinite frontier back in September, months after Didio left. And writers for future state said they only started working on books last summer. It's interesting seeing how much little time they had to plan out these books compared to how much time Didio worked on 5G lol.