Page 96 of 233 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3488

I’ve seen some speculation that there’s an actual linewide relaunch with all the major titles going back to new number 1’s in the pipeline, with IF just intended to be a sort of transition period. That or WB just isn’t handing over the marketing money anymore given the size of the AT&T debt.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve seen some speculation that there’s an actual linewide relaunch with all the major titles going back to new number 1’s in the pipeline, with IF just intended to be a sort of transition period. That or WB just isn’t handing over the marketing money anymore given the size of the AT&T debt.
    That would be an odd decision. Why not just relaunch everything with Infinite Frontier?
    I kind of hope this isn't true because I actually like some of the new creative teams this time. I hope we don't lose the people behind Wonder Woman or a Flash writer who is willing to let Wally be happy again for a change.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't do a line-wide relaunch, but while susceptible DC's never been as relaunch crazy as Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they didn't do a line-wide relaunch, but while susceptible DC's never been as relaunch crazy as Marvel.
    Part of it might be that they’re building up to it. Here’s my thinking: We know that a Superfamily event is coming in Sept. There’s some strong speculation that Jon will be taking over one of the main books as the star. We also know that there are plans for other characters like Steel which haven’t been revealed yet. An obvious place to relaunch the Superbooks would be after said event in Sept. Jon gets a new number 1 to kick off his new series, Steel will hopefully get a mini or an ongoing, Calvin Ellis might get something, maybe they’ll do something with the Legion, basically it’s the perfect place to relaunch the Superbooks. Action would continue on with its original numbering since that would be Clark’s book.

Lee mentioned way back when that they wanted to focus on each “area” one on one. The optimistic take of all these Batbooks is that this is DC setting up the Batfamily status quo. There’s a bunch of new number 1’s for Batcharacters like Damian. After Sept they’ll be rebuilding/relaunching Superman. Then comes WW or whoever. That’s my optimistic take on if those relaunch rumors are true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Thank god I am glad to be Marvel FANBOY than the current management of DC Comics. It's a completely Nightmarish!!

Honestly, I was at Marvel and I was thinking to pick some DC titles for something different but looking at the solicit I rather stay put where I am.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 04-19-2021 at 11:24 PM.

Then comes WW or whoever. That’s my optimistic take on if those relaunch rumors are true.
    Do they even need a rebuilding? Wonder Woman usually has only one book and we have couple of new things announced for her already. Characters like Aquaman are missing at the moment, but I don't feel like he needs to be rebuilt or anything of the sorts, just get a good creative team and announce new series.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Do they even need a rebuilding? Wonder Woman usually has only one book and we have couple of new things announced for her already. Characters like Aquaman are missing at the moment, but I don't feel like he needs to be rebuilt or anything of the sorts, just get a good creative team and announce new series.
    Aquaman could get a relaunch, we could hopefully get some more GL books starring whichever Lanterns Thorne isn’t focusing on (Hal, Jess, Kyle, Simon), maybe another Flash book for Barry or Bart. That’s the hope anyway.

Spectacular Member

Aquaman could get a relaunch, we could hopefully get some more GL books starring whichever Lanterns Thorne isn’t focusing on (Hal, Jess, Kyle, Simon), maybe another Flash book for Barry or Bart. That’s the hope anyway.
    Aquaman needs a book (maybe a second)
    A GLC book for Hal, Jess, Kyle, Simon and Guy (like Hal and the GLC)
    One Flash book with Wally, Jay and the Kids and another with Barry and Bart (maybe Wallace too)

Mighty Member

Untitled-1-01.jpg

Here is git for you.

When are the July solicits supposed to be dropping.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Since Tom Taylor/DC has an announcement on Wednesday, I’d assume Thursday or Friday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't blame any of those besides maybe upper management because a lot of DC's current editors and writers are all relitaively new and recent and seem energized about the company from what I see.
    The proof will be in the pudding. I don't care how excited these writers are, I care whether they write good stories. A year from now, we'll look back and judge whether they were successful or not (gotta give them a couple of arcs before final judgement). Specifically, in the context of this conversation, can DC and their writers produce good stories not in the Batman line? Personally, I've been unimpressed with comic book writing the past few years (for both DC and Marvel), and I doubt I'll suddenly be impressed.

I really hope to be wrong, though. I love this hobby and want to pay for good books.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Since Tom Taylor/DC has an announcement on Wednesday, I’d assume Thursday or Friday.
    If they’re making an announcement tomorrow they may put out solicits as well since that would allow them to still put theirs out before Marvel which should come out on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    . . . one thing I will say about DC is I wish they promoted infinite frontier more. This should be a opprotunity for them to get new readers with all the fresh jumping on points but I haven't noticed any big marketing strategies. I remember with rebirth there were ads in movie theaters, youtube ads, even promoting batman rebirth in the telltale games...to now, with just the same level of marketing that they do for the line before the intiative.
    Well, for one thing, it's a different world now than it was when Rebirth was launched.

Also, it seems like Infinite Frontier is more like a quieter "event" than Rebirth was. Some series aren't even really impacted by what happened in Infinite Frontier #0. Catwoman #29 had the Infinite Frontier markings on the cover, but did IF #0 really matter with that issue?

One other possibility is that DC was suppose to have that big 5G relaunch that suddenly got scrapped, so maybe DC didn't want people to think Infinite Frontier was really just a re-naming of what was suppose to be 5G?

Could those rumors just be more of the "DC is Closing Shop in June 2021" type crap that keeps floating around? Idle speculation by people who aren't really involved in any of the decision-making?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    At this point it’s over kill! Might as well only publish Batman and friends now, change the name to BC (Batman Comics) and make the JL made up of Batman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, Robin and the entire Bat family!
    You realise DC is already named after Batman, right? It stands for Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Aquaman needs a book (maybe a second)
    A GLC book for Hal, Jess, Kyle, Simon and Guy (like Hal and the GLC)
    One Flash book with Wally, Jay and the Kids and another with Barry and Bart (maybe Wallace too)
    Green Arrow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When are the July solicits supposed to be dropping.
    They're late, should've been last Friday. Apparently the guy in charge of them was disposed of two months ago, which probably explains why this month's and last month's didn't arrive when we expected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman