Page 18 of 233 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well, on the one hand, Batman's lineup this year at least looks interesting, and, ironically, everything is interesting except Batman and 'Tec, and even there we have at least Jimenez and Mora. Taylor, Zdarski, Williamson - they are definitely a must have for me.
    On the other hand, there is really too much Batman and I want them to finally announce at least something with JSA, lol, they couldn't tease just like that, for no reason. I understand why they're doing that, but it's still sad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    When even Man-Bat can have a mini and not the JSA, I start to question if DC really know what will sell.
    They're sitting on many more reliable sellers like Aquaman, Shazam, JSA, Supergirl etc, so money isn't the only reason here.
    Aquaman, Supergirl and Shazam doesn't sell good when they were canceled. So, I don't think these titles were reliable sellers anymore.

I think money is the main reason at the end.

Definitely picking up Catwoman, Far Sector, Nightwing, and Wonder Woman.

Maybe continuing Teen Titans.

Batman/Superman looks fun.

This solicitation makes me less excited for Justice League, I'll probably wait and get the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Aquaman, Supergirl and Shazam doesn't sell good when they were canceled. So, I don't think titles were reliable sellers anymore.

I think money is the main reason at the end.
    All these properties at their worst would still sell better than Man-Bat.
    But his series is a Bat-title, so it gets a pass. Not even the JLDark have their own book now.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think I am going to go with the following: Teen Titans Academy, Flash and Suicide Squad. My unavoidable Batman pickup is Superman/Batman. After that, I hope to eventually catch up with Superman, Action Comics, Wonder Woman, Justice League and Green Lantern in trades.

It is not the wide variety of stuff that came out with New 52 or DC You or New Age of Heroes, but it is not like I am having trouble finding books to try out either.

What exactly is it you are hoping to see? Do you really think that whatever it is, is actually not being published in March or April solely or even partially due to the Batman books solicited? The Batman books are the ones that are bringing in the money that allows DC to keep printing other stuff.
    Would have liked to have Hawkman and Aquaman for a start, but actually I wasn't hoping for any new books.

I have replied to fans, who posted that Green Arrow, JSA, Supergirl etc will return in April, that for the coming future DC will not publish new titles. The kept hoping this because some writer on twitter posted a vague tweet, they assumed it was for title X or Z.
    Yes Batman books brings in money, nobody contests that and I don't blame batman for not having other titles. I am also worried that all this Batman books might reach a point of saturation.

That said, Other non Batman books can never make money if they don't get promoted by DC. Hawkman was probably the best book DC had last year, it never got an inch of marketing!

There was one surprise in the solicits. The Flash now stars Wally, not Barry!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    All these properties at their worst would still sell better than Man-Bat.
    But his series is a Bat-title, so it gets a pass. Not even the JLDark have their own book now.
    Well, there isn't a Man-bat title. And many other Bat-family members don't have a ongoing either.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Hate to keep bringing this up, but we have to remember AT&T has fired a lot of DC’s staff over the past few months. Less books are expected, they’re gonna focus on books they know will sell well first. I’m hopeful other books will come soon:

Well, there isn't a Man-bat title. And many other Bat-family members don't have a ongoing either.
    Wrong.

MAN-BAT #3
    written by DAVE WIELGOSZ
    art by SUMIT KUMAR
    cover by KYLE HOTZ
    ON SALE 4/6/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 3 OF 5 | FC | DC
    Kirk Langstrom’s mental state has been deteriorating for years, but in the wake of his violent altercation with the Suicide Squad, he’s found himself on the verge of a complete emotional collapse. Luckily (or unluckily) for Kirk, Dr. Harleen Quinzel is offering pro bono—and entirely unsolicited—psychological counseling. As Harley delves deep into his damaged mind, she uncovers tragic events that set the stage for his transformation into Man-Bat in the first place. Will her psychotic brand of psychology help Kirk make peace with his inner demons or leave his mind even more fractured than it was?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was one surprise in the solicits. The Flash now stars Wally, not Barry!
    I'm not so sure they refer to wally as former kid flash not flash. I think its just a one and done story.

God forbid they copy rebirth wonde women and make even numbers a Barry story and odd a wally story

That was dumb - I always thought one of those WW stories should've been a second title, Sensation Comics, rather than the book double shipping but alternating each issue.

Except there is? It's right there in the solicits. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hate to keep bringing this up, but we have to remember AT&T has fired a lot of DC’s staff over the past few months. Less books are expected, they’re gonna focus on books they know will sell well first. I’m hopeful other books will come soon:
    We know some stuff is coming that isn’t Batman focused and has yet to be announced, and some of the backups will become full fledged ongoings. But I’m honestly not sure if we’ll ever get a JSA book. JLD was a very well received book that’s been downgraded to a backup. Not sure how well a JSA book would sell or be received.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was dumb - I always thought one of those WW stories should've been a second title, Sensation Comics, rather than the book double shipping but alternating each issue.
    It worked for me. It let them keep consistent art teams on a double shipping book, something WW hasn’t been able to do since. And they collected it in trades properly so for the book market it wasn’t really an issue.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I called you a Tim stan because you have stated several times on this site that he is your favourite Robin as Robin.
    Doesn't make me a stan. I'm more than fine with Tim not being Robin anymore and moving to a new identity or even retiring and becoming a GCPD PI. I liked Dick as Robin a lot too, almost as much. Damian does nothing but disrespect Bruce, not help and overall be an absolute jerk to everyone. He's an entitled brat. He's just a shitty Robin. You can like him fine, and I don't begrudge anyone who thinks he's the best Robin, but trying to put someone in a pejorative box to suit your narrative is a lot more toxic than someone just dunking on a character they don't enjoy. But by all means, continue to be the exact type of person you were bemoaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao Taylor. Least I got my wish, that’s an easy skip. Man Kubert really has zero interest in doing anything outside Batman.
    We really dodged a bullet, bud. I may give it a look for that sweet Kubert art, but otherwise I'm unlikely to pick this up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Would have liked to have Hawkman and Aquaman for a start, but actually I wasn't hoping for any new books.

I have replied to fans, who posted that Green Arrow, JSA, Supergirl etc will return in April, that for the coming future DC will not publish new titles. The kept hoping this because some writer on twitter posted a vague tweet, they assumed it was for title X or Z.
    Yes Batman books brings in money, nobody contests that and I don't blame batman for not having other titles. I am also worried that all this Batman books might reach a point of saturation.

That said, Other non Batman books can never make money if they don't get promoted by DC. Hawkman was probably the best book DC had last year, it never got an inch of marketing!
    Marketing is always going to be a problem, most of what we think is being marketed is really just from other readers spreading word, or media sites talking about what they like, think is popular or creates controversy. But that is the silver lining I am trying to find, that when the next good book comes out it has room to find an audience. I won't mind some things being shelved or folded into another book if it means it comes back better, in demand and actually marketed.