Page 205 of 233 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Venditti will do a solid job of getting it cancelled after 10 issues.
    Not sure who exactly you think won’t be struggling in sales on a JSA book. Or is that a crack at Venditti being a bad writer? Genuinely confused. Since Rebirth he’s been solid at the least and his Hawkman was good. If nobody else wants the book I think he could write something that would make JSA fans happy. But I don’t see a JSA book succeeding nowadays anyway even if it’s good.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Venditti will do a solid job of getting it cancelled after 10 issues.
    It won't sell well anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that tracks with rumors that Snyder was going to do a JSA book for 5G, since he introduced the concept of Wonder Woman being a member during WWII that seemingly got dropped.
    I thought that was Tynion, not Snyder, but then again I didn't actually read the Justice League issues that sometimes used the JSA.

As for whether Wonder Woman was a member of the JSA during WWII, has it really "seemingly got dropped" or has nothing further been mentioned about it either way yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    He hasn’t been the only one. That’s all I’m gonna say except what I’ve been saying. Didio may have been anti-JSA. The new regime is not.
    But saying the new regime is not "anti-JSA" isn't the same thing as the new regime being pro-JSA.
    So far, there isn't really much to go on (besides that bit in Stargirl Spring Break Special back in May that won't happen that way now) to show that they may simply be indifferent to the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought that was Tynion, not Snyder, but then again I didn't actually read the Justice League issues that sometimes used the JSA.

As for whether Wonder Woman was a member of the JSA during WWII, has it really "seemingly got dropped" or has nothing further been mentioned about it either way yet?.
    I think Snyder wrote a backup story that featured it.

Both, I guess? Nobody's mentioned it and Diana being around since WWII hasn't really been addressed or relevant at all.

I think Snyder wrote a backup story that featured it.
    According to the GCD, you were correct: Scott Snyder was listed as the writer for that story ("A Brave New World") in Wonder Woman #750.

Astonishing Member

JSA will suceed and Donna is a Wonder Girl. Glad we all agree on these objective facts.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    JSA will suceed and Donna is a Wonder Girl. Glad we all agree on these objective facts.
    But does DC agree with us?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I'm fairly certain neither of these things are "objective" anything...
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm fairly certain neither of these things are "objective" anything...
    I mean, it's true that Donna was once known as Wonder Girl. That's an objective fact.

But that's sort of where the line is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But I don’t see a JSA book succeeding nowadays anyway even if it’s good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It won't sell well anyway.
    And this, my friends, is the cold hard truth.

Unless they find a way to shoehorn Batman into a starring role; then all bets are off.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

I feel like that tracks with rumors that Snyder was going to do a JSA book for 5G, since he introduced the concept of Wonder Woman being a member during WWII that seemingly got dropped.
    Wonder Woman was a member of the JSA during WWII. It wasn't dropped. Look at the end of Stargirl Special. She is present with the other member of the JSA. There is also the animated Justice Society: World War II movie. This pretty much confirms that they are sticking with her being a JSA member.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    And this, my friends, is the cold hard truth.

Unless they find a way to shoehorn Batman into a starring role; then all bets are off.
    Batman/Superman, BatO and Justice League of America beg to differ.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Wonder Woman was a member of the JSA during WWII. It wasn't dropped. Look at the end of Stargirl Special. She is present with the other member of the JSA. There is also the animated Justice Society: World War II movie. This pretty much confirms that they are sticking with her being a JSA member.
    Yeah it hasn’t been brought up recently because DC doesn’t have immediate plans for the JSA, but nothing has happened to contradict Diana being on the team during WWII.

Having her be around since at least the 40s gives them a little synergy with the movie and animated film. Yeah in the movie it was WWI but it’s similar.

That illustration had Earth-2 Robin or Huntress on there too so I don't think it was exactly canon.

That illustration had Earth-2 Robin or Huntress on there too so I don't think it was exactly canon.
    Also, the animated movie doesn't dictate what is "canon" in the comic books.

It is also quite possible that movie was planned prior to DC's decision not to go the "5G" route, since didn't Black Canary in the movie have a sonic scream? (At least the cover illustration made it appear she did.) The Golden Age Black Canary never had any sonic scream powers; that was her daughter's ability. And previously, Black Canary didn't make her first appearance until after WWII had been over.