Page 186 of 233 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She is a pretty good editor, so consider me interested in what she's been working on.

Come on, Green Arrow & Black Canary!
    Her tweet has the icon of bat. So, I suspect it would be Batman related.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Her tweet has the icon of bat. So, I suspect it would be Batman related.
    Well she is a bat editor.

On a recent episode of Word Balloon Matthew Rosenburg heavily teased that he'll have a WildC.A.T.s book out next year.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So a batgirls book by the current wonder woman writers..sounds good to me.

Extraordinary Member

Courtesy of DC Comics, we have your first look at Batgirls #1 and #2, the start of Becky Cloonan, Michael Conrad, and Jorge Corona’s new series.
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-15-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

On Krypton, writer Robert Venditti (GREEN LANTERN, THE SURROGATES) and artist Michael Avon Oeming (POWERS) are going back in time in this modern telling of one of the most storied periods in comics in WORLD OF KRYPTON. When a catastrophic event befalls Krypton’s natural world, it points toward a mass extinction in the making. Jor-El, head of Krypton’s revered Science Council, embarks on a mission to save a world that may already have passed the point of no return.

This six issue miniseries shines new light on the famous characters of Krypton’s past—including Jor-El, General Dru-Zod, and even a young Kara Zor-El—World of Krypton combines action, cosmic wonder, and political intrigue in a story as much about our world as the one on the page.

And if that’s not enough to draw you in: there will be puppy Krypto.
    ONE-STAR SQUADRON is DC’s Super Hero team, where heroism meets capitalism. This ragtag group of heroes led by Red Tornado is here to provide service with a smile. All you have to do is send a request via their on-demand hero app and they’ll answer any call. Whether it’s a children’s birthday party or an alien invasion, no job is too small or too big in this story about the Super Heroes without a billion dollar fortune or Fortress of Solitude to fall back on… heroes like Red Tornado, Power Girl, Gangbuster, and Minute Man. Follow these working stiffs as they work for a living while trying to parse one of the great mysteries of the world–just who’s signing those checks and why?

Issue #1 is on sale December 7 in a story packed with heart, heroism and humor, and that hits close to home for everyone who’s ever worked an embarrassing, mind-numbing or menial gig. So, all of us, that one is definitely all of us.
    A new, twisted take on Swamp Thing with the three-part miniseries SWAMP THING GREEN HELL from DC Black Label.

One of the greatest artists in modern DC history, Doug Mahnke (JLA, FINAL CRISIS), joins Lemire on this gory, gruesome monster mash where the fate of humanity rests in the hands of someone who isn’t human at all.

The Earth is all but done. The last remnants of humanity cling to a mountaintop island lost in endless floodwater. The Parliaments of the Green, the Red, and the Rot all agree: it’s time to wipe the slate clean and start the cycle of life over again. And to do so, they’ve united their powers to summon an avatar—one of the most horrific monsters to ever stalk the surface of this forsaken planet. Against a creature like that, there can be no fighting back…unless you have a soldier who understands the enemy. Someone who has used its tactics before. Someone like Alec Holland. Shame he’s been dead for decades…
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-15-2021 at 06:43 AM.

Not sure how to feel about one-Star squadron but Mark Russell is generally reliable and fun so I say give it a chance.

But Jeff Lenore on a dark adult horror swamp thing book is right up my alley.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

The Heckler is back!
    1631712183094.jpg

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She is a pretty good editor, so consider me interested in what she's been working on.

Come on, Green Arrow & Black Canary!
    Your optimism is adorable.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Oh hell yes!!!

Black Label is exactly where we should be seeing characters like the OG Vertigo crew (Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Shade, etc), as opposed to yet *more* Bat books that would fit just fine under the regular DC banner.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

That was Vordan's guess when Lemire teased it at the beginning of the year, mine was Swamp Thing, Lemire described it as:
    Well you right ^^

I’ll definitely check out a Lemire & Mahnke Swamp Thing book (as much as I was hoping for Frankenstein!) it sounds interesting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Batgirls with Cass and Steph, a new origin for the destruction of Krytpon, One-Star Squadron with some great heroes back in the limelight (Red Tornado! Power Girl! Gangbuster!), and a Black Label Swamp Thing...pretty great news .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batgirls with Cass and Steph, a new origin for the destruction of Krytpon, One-Star Squadron with some great heroes back in the limelight (Red Tornado! Power Girl! Gangbuster!), and a Black Label Swamp Thing...pretty great news .
    One of the characters in One-Star Squadron looks to be Flying Fox from the Roy Thomas series Young All-Stars...Man, haven't seen him in decades!

Astonishing Member

Lemire and Mahnke Swamp Things sounds like must have book, I'm glad Lemire is getting more work in DC.

Venditti doing a Krypton mythos book sounds fun, the Kryptonian lore he played with in Hawkman and Supergirl was pretty good. Man do I wish we were getting a Superfamily book over another story about Krypton’s final days though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/