Page 223 of 233 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3488

Yeah, on paper this is new situation: Suicide Squad vs Titans vs CSA.

It is probably unlikely, but I'd like if Nightwing/Owlman plot point was picked up from Forever Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Lol, another event for March? Are they kidding?
    Damn it, so annoying. I wouldn't give a damn, but they're dragging The Flash into this.
    Not event, but a crossover. It is going to be interesting if a new (e-3) Johnny Quick makes a debut in the Flash book.
    By the way, Solicitations this week or next?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I assume this Friday. It's third week of month, that's when they've been releasing solicits recently. And they already started making announcements, like Shadow War and now this.

So let me see here, unless some characters drop dead in the Suicide Squad before March (which is likely) then the Suicide Squad is composed of: Talon (the one related to Nightwing), Match, Major Force, Ambush Bug, Bloodsport, an alternate version of Nocturna, Black Siren (Earth-3 Black Canary), Culebra, and the newest/most deadly member of the team spoilers:
    Black Hand, you know the guy from Blackest Night.
    end of spoilers.

Oh and I guess Rick Flag’s team of Lor-Zod (Zod’s son), Peacemaker, Cheetah, Mirror Master, Fisherman (new character), and a lone Parademon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, on paper this is new situation: Suicide Squad vs Titans vs CSA.

It is probably unlikely, but I'd like if Nightwing/Owlman plot point was picked up from Forever Evil.
    It should be a different iteration of Owlman based off Death Metal: Multiverse's End #1 - though I don't know who to square that with Infinite Frontier's everything happened approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Not event, but a crossover. It is going to be interesting if a new (e-3) Johnny Quick makes a debut in the Flash book.
    By the way, Solicitations this week or next?
    Yea, I'd say a smaller crossover like this is very different from a proper event.

I assume it's using the versions from the Crime Syndicate mini which seems to be the de-factor "current" versions now.

Oh God Hopeless is writing? Apparently he absolutely butchered Marvel’s Teen characters lol. Hope he has a Humphries-esque bump in quality, I thought DC was done giving jobs to Marvel’s castoffs when Didio got fired.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh God Hopeless is writing? Apparently he absolutely butchered Marvel’s Teen characters lol. Hope he has a Humphries-esque bump in quality, I thought DC was done giving jobs to Marvel’s castoffs when Didio got fired.
    I enjoyed his Jean Grey comic but to be honest I don't actually remember anything that happened in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I enjoyed his Jean Grey comic but to be honest I don't actually remember anything that happened in it.
    If I recall most of his Jean Grey run was about the return of the Phoenix before the time displaced X-men got returned. His Spiderwoman run is pretty great though.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-13-2021 at 04:00 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did you read the book you're referring to? Avengers Arena was a great book. He did what he could with the editorial mandate which set obscure teen heroes in a deathmatch/battle royale courtesy of freaking Arcade.

He's a good writer and I think it's unfair to label him a Marvel castoff. Especially considering his superb Spider-Woman run.
    Last edited by Shimbo; 12-13-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Wait, Hopeless is at DC now ?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't this feel like something the Justice League should be involved in? Although the only book I'm invested in that's involved is The Flash.
    Same here. Should make skipping this pretty easy!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Did you read the book you're referring to? Avengers Arena was a great book. He did what he could with the editorial mandate which set obscure teen heroes in a deathmatch/battle royale courtesy of freaking Arcade.

He's a good writer and I think it's unfair to label him a Marvel castoff. Especially considering his superb Spider-Woman run.
    Avengers Academy nor the Runaways are obscure. Also Retile, X-23 and Darkhawk are not obscure.

Funny the black guy (Mettle) had to die. Which is what SOURED many folks to him. Excluding Sentinel-the main ones killed where made for the book or tossed in like Red Raven.

He might have redeemed himself with Spider-Woman but no one was interested in a deathmatch book, especially when another company was already doing it. Two if you count how Dc treated Teen Titans in events.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Avengers Academy nor the Runaways are obscure. Also Retile, X-23 and Darkhawk are not obscure.

Funny the black guy (Mettle) had to die. Which is what SOURED many folks to him. Excluding Sentinel-the main ones killed where made for the book or tossed in like Red Raven.

He might have redeemed himself with Spider-Woman but no one was interested in a deathmatch book, especially when another company was already doing it. Two if you count how Dc treated Teen Titans in events.
    Perhaps obscure was the wrong term, but definitely not A or B-list lol. The most well-known (at the time) characters of that book were Darkhawk who goes missing in issue 3, X-23 and Nico, but they are more well-known now then back in 2013 (what with Laura's two solos happening after this book ended and Nico's placement in A-Force and a relaunch of the Runaways) imo. I agree that killing the black guy (wasn't he half) in the first issue is a poor choice. Not gonna defend that. Shame nobody has brought him back in all that time.

Wasn't this during the time of the Hunger Games, though? Idk, it felt like Marvel trying to cash in on some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post

I’ll give him a shot, I gave Humphries a shot after his godawful Marvel books and actually enjoyed his GL run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/