Page 199 of 214 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3202
  1. #2971
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Solicits are definitely coming tomorrow.

    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...n-the-new-year
    I'm not expecting much in the way of news for January or February, since they've said the next big wave is scheduled for March. But I guess there's always hope for surprise.

  2. #2972
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, Waid is getting Batman/Superman, isn't he?
    Would they cancel and relaunch that series just for Waid?
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  3. #2973
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    916

    Default

    If you play around with the link a bit, you can get access to DC Connect with solicits now, just saying.
    There are a few surprises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would they cancel and relaunch that series just for Waid?
    Who knows, but
    The publisher says Waid and Mora's back-up story "is just the beginning" for the creative duo and the two superheroes.
    I guess now it's obvious.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-14-2021 at 01:11 PM.

  4. #2974
    Kon-El "The Scion" SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If you play around with the link a bit, you can get access to DC Connect with solicits now, just saying.
    There are a few surprises.


    Who knows, but

    I guess now it's obvious.


    What do you mean access the solicits? They gave us around a handful as soon as you click on the link, is there a way to see more of them?
    Where is my damn Tactile Telekinesis?
    - Conner Kent /kon-el

  5. #2975
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What do you mean access the solicits? They gave us around a handful as soon as you click on the link, is there a way to see more of them?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations

  6. #2976
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,322

    Default

    It definitely sounds like Waid and Mora might be relaunching Batman/Superman.

    As for Batman: The Knight I guess we've never had a series focused squarely on Bruce's training arc.

  7. #2977
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, Waid is getting Batman/Superman, isn't he?
    Yes, and from the costumes it looks very much like the sort of throwback that's made possible by the 'it all happened' status at DC. (Batman has those 70s capsules on his belt for one.) It's even called 'World's Finest.' And, even though this only seems to be for one issue, it's being solicited as Waid's return to DC unlike his prior two contributions to anthology books. If he's really back for good, I'm very happy to hear it.

  8. #2978
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,514

    Default

    So potentially Batman/Superman and also a Superman solo project with Hitch from Waid? Dude is raring to go. Hope he does a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It definitely sounds like Waid and Mora might be relaunching Batman/Superman.

    As for Batman: The Knight I guess we've never had a series focused squarely on Bruce's training arc.
    We haven’t? That’s so weird. Guess we have only gotten it piecemeal.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  9. #2979
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So potentially Batman/Superman and also a Superman solo project with Hitch from Waid? Dude is raring to go. Hope he does a good job.
    I'm down .
    We haven’t? That’s so weird. Guess we have only gotten it piecemeal.
    Other than flashbacks, anthology stories, or backups, I don't think there was ever a series focused purely on the training.

    I wonder if we'll see the Ducard's, Zatara, and Thaddeus Brown show up. I guess this would be the first time to collectively put all the bits and established pieces of his training in one series.

  10. #2980
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Yes, and from the costumes it looks very much like the sort of throwback that's made possible by the 'it all happened' status at DC. (Batman has those 70s capsules on his belt for one.) It's even called 'World's Finest.' And, even though this only seems to be for one issue, it's being solicited as Waid's return to DC unlike his prior two contributions to anthology books. If he's really back for good, I'm very happy to hear it.
    This is the best news of the solicits, really.
    Pretty awesome creative team.

  11. #2981
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Yes, and from the costumes it looks very much like the sort of throwback that's made possible by the 'it all happened' status at DC. (Batman has those 70s capsules on his belt for one.) It's even called 'World's Finest.' And, even though this only seems to be for one issue, it's being solicited as Waid's return to DC unlike his prior two contributions to anthology books. If he's really back for good, I'm very happy to hear it.
    I'm hoping that the insistence on calling it World's Finest and Mark Waid being onboard means they'll remember the final piece of the World's Finest puzzle-- Dick Grayson as Robin!
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  12. #2982
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    6,064

    Default

    I love me some Waid, and will give almost anything with his name on it a try.

    That said, I really hope DC isn't trying a X-Men Legends type thing with this; I can dig lost stories from the past, but don't try to shoehorn them into continuity in a way that supposedly effects the present.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #2983
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It definitely sounds like Waid and Mora might be relaunching Batman/Superman.

    As for Batman: The Knight I guess we've never had a series focused squarely on Bruce's training arc.
    Seems weird that a book that's either set in the past or out of continuity is going to be a backup story of a actual in continuity event..

  14. #2984
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm hoping that the insistence on calling it World's Finest and Mark Waid being onboard means they'll remember the final piece of the World's Finest puzzle-- Dick Grayson as Robin!
    I started regularly reading DC comics in the early 1970s, so to me Robin is not as important for that.
    (Heck, it was around the time that even Batman wasn't the regular team-up partner with Superman!)

  15. #2985
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,575

    Default

    I enjoyed Chip's Marvel work so I will give Batman: The Knight a try.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •