Page 95 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3488

You can't argue with certain fans they will cry about DCs Batman push but the solution is not to make less money by giving a few fans on the internet another chance to prove they won't buy a book like Jonah hex or blue beetle for the 5th time this decade

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Geninuely asking, should DC simply lose out on making money because a few fans online dislike they make so many batman comics? It makes no sense not to publish so many batman comics if he helps keep the company afloat and allows them to make series for lower tier characters.
    If the price of getting everything in Round Robin made was all these Batbooks I’d happily take that trade. But we aren’t getting them all anyway. From a business standpoint I get their logic, but as a fan I’m not happy. Also if DC creates Batman fatigue like what happened to Wolverine they’re screwed, they don’t have anything else to fall back on. So I have to wonder at one point does the fifth Batman anthology start to produce diminishing returns.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You can't argue with certain fans they will cry about DCs Batman push but the solution is not to make less money by giving a few fans on the internet another chance to prove they won't buy a book like Jonah hex or blue beetle for the 5th time this decade
    This internet fan purchased both Jonah Hex and Blue Beetle's last offerings, so I'll reserve my right to complain about Bat-fatigue.

If only all the internet fans were like me, but alas.... *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Geninuely asking, should DC simply lose out on making money because a few fans online dislike they make so many batman comics? It makes no sense not to publish so many batman comics if he helps keep the company afloat and allows them to make series for lower tier characters.
    At this point it’s over kill! Might as well only publish Batman and friends now, change the name to BC (Batman Comics) and make the JL made up of Batman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, Robin and the entire Bat family!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member

Geninuely asking, should DC simply lose out on making money because a few fans online dislike they make so many batman comics?
    Who says they are NOT losing money?

Sales are not just limited to the BIAS comic book store.
    Also it's not just online fans that have an issue with it-Store owners have an issue with it to. Batman unlike say Naomi leaves behind a LARGE pile of unsold books. That pack bins and grab bags.
    That is NOT good business.

While you are flooding the market with Batman, you are only REACHING a FEW. Not every Batman series needs to be a floppy and buried with variants.

Batman/Catwoman should be an OGN.
    Duke Thomas should have an OGN.
    Grifter should be an OGN
    Jace Fox SHOULD be an OGN since he has an Oscar winning writer. Ridley is going to reach more folks with an OGN than a floppy.
    Tyninon's new creations-OGN them.

Build up a BOOK line. Start selling these folks to the common person.

It's not about less Batman but how to utilize your resources.

It makes no sense not to publish so many batman comics if he helps keep the company afloat and allows them to make series for lower tier characters.
    If DC has a round robin tourney-he is NOT keeping the company afloat.

Because all those MINIS would have gotten made. The fact Superman, Robin boys, Zantana and Harley had to be in it-is a RED FLAG. Some of those folks held long running books. They had zero business being in there.

I could understand if it was Hotspot, Gunfire, Bloodlines, Gen Glory, Fire & Ice, Gizmo and Ambush Bug. But Harley & Superman? Kyle who held a book for 10 years? Tim, Nightwing and Jason? RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This internet fan purchased both Jonah Hex and Blue Beetle's last offerings, so I'll reserve my right to complain about Bat-fatigue.

If only all the internet fans were like me, but alas.... *shrug*
    Folks bought other books.

How many times did DC SCREW it up?

Not everything can be blamed on fans.

How many bad creators and editors can't stop getting a hold of certain characters?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    At this point it’s over kill! Might as well only publish Batman and friends now, change the name to BC (Batman Comics) and make the JL made up of Batman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Catwoman, Red Hood, Robin and the entire Bat family!
    And it would sell better than the standard Justice League. Seriously I’m always baffled by how many people are absolutely obsessed with Batman (and the Joker) and don’t really give a **** about every other DC character.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    And it would sell better than the standard Justice League. Seriously I’m always baffled by how many people are absolutely obsessed with Batman (and the Joker) and don’t really give a **** about every other DC character.
    The only two superheroes I ever knew about growing up were Batman and Superman. It wasn't until YEARS later where I started watching the Spider-Man and X-Men animated series, caught reruns of Super-Friends and the DCAU where I found out there were other prominent characters that were also part of the same fictional universe. I imagine if I never took interest in the wider DC or Marvel universe, to this day I would've perhaps only been interested in those same two characters. I would've likely seen the MCU as nothing more than casual entertainment. We always joke about DC's annoying obsession with Batman but there's no other comic book character who has the kind of cultural significance that he does. If The Batman bombs next year nobody would care other than the studio. People would always be willing to give Batman another chance no matter what. Naturally he'd always have 15 monthly books.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-20-2021 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Folks bought other books.

How many times did DC SCREW it up?

Not everything can be blamed on fans.

How many bad creators and editors can't stop getting a hold of certain characters?
    The difference is that it costs way more to put top tier talent on d list characters and not receive much RoI but Batman is a a guaranteed profit
    Its more of the former that fans on the internet complain about that is hurting the industry
    The solution would be for the fans to actually buy comics and stop complaining soon much on the internet

A business will always respond to where the money is coming from

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Yeah but complaining is free! Actually *buying* comics, costs... ya know... money!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If DC has a round robin tourney-he is NOT keeping the company afloat.

Because all those MINIS would have gotten made. The fact Superman, Robin boys, Zantana and Harley had to be in it-is a RED FLAG. Some of those folks held long running books. They had zero business being in there.

I could understand if it was Hotspot, Gunfire, Bloodlines, Gen Glory, Fire & Ice, Gizmo and Ambush Bug. But Harley & Superman? Kyle who held a book for 10 years? Tim, Nightwing and Jason? RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG
    Superman and Harley are the real big ones that I'm surprised that they are on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Truth. Comics are art and that matters, but they're still beholden to the bottom line.

Any title that sells well will continue and every title that sells poorly will end. And that is why we have so many Bat-books.

I agree with someone above that said they don't really count Batfamily books like Nightwing to be Bat-books as much as their own thing. So, when I count Bat-books, my total is much lower than those that consider Harley Quinn a Batman book. For example.

A few months ago, we were all very worried about how few titles DC was going to publish and it seemed then like it would be many titles less than we're getting now. If a lot of Batman stories are how we get to more DC comics, I'm all for it.

Then again, I'm a huge Batman fan to the extent that Batman stories are on the top of my pile as often as they're published, and Justice League and Tom King minis are their only competition for the books I'm most excited to read. Each of these Batman series' is so different from the next that I don't feel like there are really redundancies in the line. Yes, the character appears a lot, but always in different ways.

And, again, that's because any publisher is going to publish that which sells. And we're back to that common refrain: if you love a B-C-D-list character that has a book, buy the hell out of it so it will continue. Because if it sells, it will.

A lot of posters seem to post as if DC is engaging in some sort of plot against other characters. They're not. Once more, it's all about the bottom line. Especially when the entire industry is under an existential threat.

The DCU feels so tiny now, especially compared to years prior and especially when you compare it to Marvel. DC revolves around Batman and his mini me family members. I count them all as Bat books. But hey they sell and I only blame the fans for this. Most fans only care about Batman and so the cycle continues. I’m not a fan of Batman anymore and honestly he’s played out but I’m in the minority. Which means indie comics and manga get my money

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    The DCU feels so tiny now, especially compared to years prior and especially when you compare it to Marvel. DC revolves around Batman and his mini me family members. I count them all as Bat books. But hey they sell and I only blame the fans for this. Most fans only care about Batman and so the cycle continues. I’m not a fan of Batman anymore and honestly he’s played out but I’m in the minority. Which means indie comics and manga get my money
    Eh, I blame the crappy writers, editorial, and upper management. Only the inelastic IPs like Batman can sell under these circumstances. (And really, it's a struggle for me, at that. Tynion, yikes.)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Truth. Comics are art and that matters, but they're still beholden to the bottom line.

Any title that sells well will continue and every title that sells poorly will end. And that is why we have so many Bat-books.

I agree with someone above that said they don't really count Batfamily books like Nightwing to be Bat-books as much as their own thing. So, when I count Bat-books, my total is much lower than those that consider Harley Quinn a Batman book. For example.

A few months ago, we were all very worried about how few titles DC was going to publish and it seemed then like it would be many titles less than we're getting now. If a lot of Batman stories are how we get to more DC comics, I'm all for it.

Then again, I'm a huge Batman fan to the extent that Batman stories are on the top of my pile as often as they're published, and Justice League and Tom King minis are their only competition for the books I'm most excited to read. Each of these Batman series' is so different from the next that I don't feel like there are really redundancies in the line. Yes, the character appears a lot, but always in different ways.

And, again, that's because any publisher is going to publish that which sells. And we're back to that common refrain: if you love a B-C-D-list character that has a book, buy the hell out of it so it will continue. Because if it sells, it will.

A lot of posters seem to post as if DC is engaging in some sort of plot against other characters. They're not. Once more, it's all about the bottom line. Especially when the entire industry is under an existential threat.
    Agree with everything you're saying here. That being said, one thing I will say about DC is I wish they promoted infinite frontier more. This should be a opprotunity for them to get new readers with all the fresh jumping on points but I haven't noticed any big marketing strategies. I remember with rebirth there were ads in movie theaters, youtube ads, even promoting batman rebirth in the telltale games...to now, with just the same level of marketing that they do for the line before the intiative.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Eh, I blame the crappy writers, editorial, and upper management. Only the inelastic IPs like Batman can sell under these circumstances. (And really, it's a struggle for me, at that. Tynion, yikes.)
    I don't blame any of those besides maybe upper management because a lot of DC's current editors and writers are all relitaively new and recent and seem energized about the company from what I see.